My 2006 Honda Civic VTi-L

andyhui01

Forum Addict
Car(s)
00' Subaru Forester GT
So I finally got round to buying a car and I had a few options, I was thinking about this car or an Astra Coupe which I asked about in the other thread. The thing that put me off the civic was the waitlist which was about 10 weeks, so I gave up and thought about getting an Astra. The day before I called the dealer about the Astra, I found this civic for 26k from a dealer in Geelong, it was in the color I wanted and everything so I pretty much went down the next morning to look at the car and bought it for 25.5k.

This civic has about 15,000km's on the clock, been serviced and Garaged, paint looks brand new, so does the Interior. I love the dash on the car, the entire trip back from Geelong, I was sitting on Cruise Control at exactly 107km/h :lol:.

I don't plan to do much with this car as I like the mods and I don't want to get the cops attention, just going to do a 35% dark tint, add a rear wing and get HID lights.

Here are the pictures of the car with more to come in the near future,

http://img175.imageshack.**/img175/6796/cimg1039at3.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.**/img262/4757/cimg1040pt7.jpg

http://img134.imageshack.**/img134/9885/cimg1042na5.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.**/img261/9936/cimg1043ti4.jpg

Nice one andy :thumbsup:

Congrats again Andy - but geez, learn how to park :p

(Pretty sure I know where that photo was taken too...)

I don't plan to do much with this car as I like the mods and I don't want to get the cops attention, just going to do a 35% dark tint, add a rear wing

Damned be all FWD cars those days and their wicked tendency for high-speed snap oversteer. :lol:

I don't plan to do much with this car as I like the mods and I don't want to get the cops attention, just going to do a 35% dark tint, add a rear wing and get HID lights.

Why are you wasting your money on a totally useless rear wing?

Please don't get a wing. If you want to make your car look cooler, get some new wheels.

^^Hidden Hunter, I just want the Fatory wing, I honestly think its good looking though... better than how it is now.

and Bartboy, considering I am brushing my bumper coming out of my carpark at an angle and also into my friends driveway. As well as scraping the under-carriage of my car by simply going over a raised drain cover, I have zero intention of making my car any lower. How you guys managed the Integra and MR2 in Melbourne is quite amazing :D

and fbc, considering you don't come down to the city that much... I'm quite surprised you know where it is :p... any chance you took your license there as well?
And I can't park to save my life when there are no cars to judge the surroundings... I need to be squashed between 2 cars :lol:
And to the Melbournians... I would like to take better shots of the car... anyone know where I can get a quiet area or grass area I can park my car to get some pictures? And if you guys see me on the road... give me a horn :D

A Civic? Dime a dozen. Anyways, congrats on the purchase.

Nice one Andy! Will be nice and easy to spot you since we now know your number plate;)

Nice one Andy! Will be nice and easy to spot you since we now know your number plate;)

I've going to change it soon... having Chinese blood means that you have to have license plates with 8's in them :D... I'll most likely put it in my family's lucky number, as team fg knows it, 1818 or 988.

Nice car...interesting to see the differences between your car and the ones being sold here.

i realy don't understand why they make completely different cars for the US/europe/asia

anyways, congrats, nice buy

^thx guys... I think its because different markets have different requirement for their cars... that's why we have 2 types of Civic, Corolla, Accord, Camry.... etc

One type for the continent with good taste... another one for the continent that doesn't.

;)

whoa that's a civic? thats a csx here o_O

^thx guys... I think its because different markets have different requirement for their cars... that's why we have 2 types of Civic, Corolla, Accord, Camry.... etc

That's why people in the desert with population far apart like us don't need sat nav and people in countries with cities with road maps and sign posts everywhere need them ;)

Except of course it has nothing to do with taste... we can't help getting crappier versions of cars.

Honda is the worst... they save all the European Honda models and sell them here as upmarket Acuras. At least Toyota doesn't do that with Lexus. That Civic over here is an Acura CSX costing the same as a VW GTI.

One type for the continent with good taste... another one for the continent that doesn't.

;)

civic-br-2g.jpg

civic-br-8g.jpg

Not a huge difference, but different nonetheless.