Your Camera Equipment

FINALLY got me a proper camera ... took long enough. :rolleyes:

It's only a point and shoot but I don't really need anymore of a camera.

FujiFilm FinePix A800 :)

Just like this one:
finepix_A800.jpg

That thing is not big ! :blink: Top pic is larger than the actual camera on my 1280X1024 resolution flat screen.

What do you think of its specs :?:
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital/lineup/a800/index.html

Before I was using my Sony PC-101 video camera to take pics and although the 10X zoom is nice, its 1.1 megapixel resolution just isn't cutting it for quality. :unsure:

Oh and it only cost me $102.89 canadian, taxes and all, brand new with a 512MB xD card.
I'm pretty sure it was the best deal around at the moment.

Comments encouraged and very much welcome. :thumbsup:

Though I'd update my kit, as ive made quite a few changes lol!

Nikon D70s Body
Nikon D200 Body
Nikon MB-D200 Battery Pack
2x Nikon EN-EL3e Batteries
1x Nikon EN-EL3 Battery + 1 spare
Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 VR DX
Nikkor 12-24mm f/4 DX
Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 Macro
Sigma 100-300mm f/4 Telephoto
Nikon SB-800 Flash
Hoya 82mm Circular polarizer
Hoya 77mm ND x8
Hoya 72mm ND x8
Nikon ML-L3 IR Remote
Sandisk Extreme III 2GB
Sandisk Extreme IV 4GB
Kingston 1GB Spare
Manfrotto 055CLB + 141 Head
LowePro MiniTrekker Classic
Lowepro TLZ-2 Toploading Bag

Thats about all I can think of at the moment.

Wow...and you're only 20. Tell the truth. Who paid for all that? Mummy and daddy or yourself by the sweat of your brow?

Who knows- but it's quite likely that he did pay for it himself. If you work over the summer a lot (what I do) and you still live at home and don't have to pay the bills, then you could easily afford the lot he has.

Also, beyond that, does it really matter? Some people are simply luckier than others. Sure we can be jealous but we can also simply accept it and make due with what we have. Also, if they produce really nice photos (Shadowness certainly qualifies on this count!) it only benefits everyone that they have nice equipment to work with!

I'm not saying I'm perfect, I've made a few jealous comments on this board before, but I thought I'd stick up for Shadowness 'cause having mommy and daddy paying for all is something I've been accused of. It's a conclusion that's easy to reach but more often than not, untrue.

Last edited:
Cheers Iben - my respect to you!

I can honestly say that I payed for all of it except a few of the smaller items, ie. filters and memory cards, which were bday presents.
I work full time over my summer and easter breaks to pay for it (im at work as I type this ;))
Im nearly at the age were I have to settle down with a job and house etc, so I thought id splash out before I have to worry about all these payments of living!

Photography is something I thoroughly enjoy and take very seriously, so my kit reflects that. Plus as Im having more success in getting my name out there (in the drifting scene at least) with magazine work etc, I think I can warrant treating myself.

This is my no means a dig at anyone, but quite the contrary. I have a lot of respect for many people on this site, many of whom produce some outstanding work!

Thanks
Dan

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't think I've posted my gear on here before... here's the deal:

Canon 350D
Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 - My new favourite lens.
Canon 50mm F/1.8
Canon 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6
Sigma 28-105mm F/2.8-4
2GB Compact Flash
57mm Circular Polarizer
Slik Pro 340DX Tripod
Plus a couple of UV filters, just to protect the lens.

There's a fair bit of overlap in the lenses... next step is to get rid of the 18-55 and 28-105, and splash out on the Canon 70-200F/4L. I need to decide whether it's worth paying nearly double for the IS though...

may as well post a complete updated list of my crap too :)

Nikon D70
Nikon SB-600, with diffuser
2x Nikon EN-EL3 batteries, plus MH-18 quick charger
Nikon 18-70 ED-IF f/3.5-4.5 AF-S, incl. lens hood
Nikon 80-200 ED f/2.8 AF D, incl. lens hood
Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF D
Sigma 18-50 EX f/2.8, incl. lens hood
B+W 77mm F-Pro Circular Polarizer
Hoya HMC 77mm Skylight filter
Hoya 67mm Circular Polarizer
Hoya HMC 67mm Skylight filter
Hoya HMC 62mm Circular Polarizer
4x sets of four 2000 mAH Ni-MH batteries, plus Maha quick charger
lens pen & washable lens cloth
2x Kingston 2gb CF cards
2x Kingston 1gb CF cards
1x Kingston 256mb CF card :)
Crucial USB CF card reader
brand new Nikon pinch front lens caps for all lenses
Sunpak 8001 UT tripod (POS, but it gets the job done)
Case Logic SLR/laptop backpack

on the to-buy list is:
Tokina 12-24 f/4
Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR
another Nikon SB-600
Nikon D200
either the Nikon 300mm f/4 AF-S or Sigma 100-300 EX f/4.. plus 1.4x TC
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 or Nikon 35mm f/2
Nikon 85mm f/1.8

I'd be selling the 80-200 :)

Last edited:
I'm contemplating adding a 17-85mm to team up with my 18-55 and 90-300. I'm also thinking that if I get the 17-85mm then I'd sell the 18-55m

well heres a short list
canon digital rebel XTi
17-40 f/4 "L"
50mm f/1.8(plastic fatastic)
and 70-200 f/4 "L"

not to bad for what i want to do...

Samsung L80. Helped me along with my 10 day exchange to Germany. Wonderful scenery over there.

d_10384.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.**/img242/8897/samsunghy3.jpg
2.jpg

Truly a great camera for only ?110. Haven't really been able to experiment with all the settings yet, but sure will be doing.

Last edited:
This is my dinosaur...

152-sony-mavica-fd-85.jpg

1.3 megapixels, writes to floppy disks (yes, really - 6 1.3MP photos per disk), bulky as a brick. It still works great, so I haven't bothered to buy a new one yet ;)

This is my dinosaur...

152-sony-mavica-fd-85.jpg

1.3 megapixels, writes to floppy disks (yes, really - 6 1.3MP photos per disk), bulky as a brick. It still works great, so I haven't bothered to buy a new one yet ;)

Ahhahah, we have one just like that at our school :-D Damn, I just fell apart when I saw that huge block of plastic for the first time. I mean, from a historical / humoristic view, that camera is pure gold :) But actually using it to take photos...damn :p

We had to take pictures of each others in a class related to home pages / picture editing and the picture quality barely beat my cheapo web camera. But I can tell my kids in the future that daddy took pictures with a camera that writes to floppy disks :mrgreen: They'll never believe me!