FINALGEAR MEET at the N?rburgring (May 20th)

FINALGEAR MEET at the N?rburgring (May 20th)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi I forgot to say this in my previous post!

but for all the novice drivers ho are comming!! please be carful, and make sure you do one lap with somebody else, so you know what you are letting you in for because the ring is no joke!!!!!

I would be happy to take some of you arround and give some pointers, at dangerous points.

It would be a verry sad day for finalgear if somebody got injured or even worse killed! Believe me, it really is a posibility.

Last edited:
Once the time draws nearer i'm sure we'll set up some data to see who will actually drive around and can take ppl with them.

<shakes fist at water>

Damn you ocean, DAMN YOU!!! :p

Great idea though - hope you get a good turn-out.

I share your pain of most likely never driving the ring. Closest I get to it is playing Project Gotham Racing! hehe

If I can make it, I wont be driving. I'm going to be backpacking... so unless they allow me to run the ring I doubt I'll be going around...

I've been a long-time lurker on this board, and just registered to say I'm definitely coming! If someone near Brussels - Vlaams Brabant needs a lift, let me know! :)

I?m not really 100% sure yet, but I will most probably be at the ring anyway, in which case you can count me in :mrgreen:

I'm definitely thinking about flying over. I'd probably fly into Frankfurt and pick up a fairly decent Merc from Hertz -- but on a crowded weekend I doubt I'd take it on the 'ring -- although I'll be happy to blast around derestricted Autobahn.

I'd also like to hit Speyer as I've not been to that museum before (I've been to Sinsheim but could get talked into going back).

What's sad is that I'll turn 40 on the 22nd of May.

Steve

Just put my vote in the poll... I'll be there. As long as I can get there, that is...

I'll be arriving in Germany that week, and will need to get to the ring from Stuttgart, and probably back again for Monday. Anybody doing the same trip, who might happen to have a free spot in a car? :) If that fails, can anybody tell me how long it'd take to get from Stuttgart to the ring using public transport?

I think getting to the ring itself by train isn?t going to be easy, but then again I?ve never tried getting there by anything other than a car.... but if you get to Koblenz or some other larger city nearby (which shouldnt take more than 4-5hours) your possibilities for getting a ride with someone should improve significantly...

I could use a lift from someone going past Heidelberg, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart or even Mannheim...

Edit: or even Frankfurt

If I can make this work I'll have probably three open seats. I will know for sure next week. I'm pretty convinced I'm going to go just because it sounds like fun.

Steve

Damn, looks like a it's gonna be a proper meet then :) Who wants to be a volunteer organizer?
By looking at the aerial photo of the 'ring on google earth, I don't think there's even enough parking space :) Especially on public weekend...