Video cataloging program

araracd

Car(s)
Mini-Saab 900 T Cab.-Panda 4x4-Punto JTD-Megane ST
Ok, i've searched this forum and i haven't found anything like this, so here goes:

I need a program to catalog all the video files i have. In car videos alone i have an external disk packed with 300GB of them, 4 internal disks with more bucket loads of GBs, and now i've started moving some of them into DVDs.
My problem is knowing what i have/don't have whenever i'm browsing through FTPs, torrents, DVDs, etc. And more than just knowing which videos i have, i really want to know how long they are, their quality, resolution, format, size, etc...
I've been looking for a program that can store all this information, plus file location, keywords, and possibly some other data. Now, i've tried a few but most are either just rubbish or more oriented towards cataloging of audio files or original DVD movies.

Since many of you out there must have certainly faced this problem at some point, could you please advise me to some good programs (freeware or not)?

I could have a go at making the program myself but: 1) I don't have the time right now; 2) I'm not sure i'd be able to import all the information from the video files.

Thanks!
Seems like they're still more appropriate to audio files, though. Particularly the 1st one.

I've found one that isn't all that bad: A-Media Scanner 1.6.3. Problem is it's shareware and the guys who made it seem to have disappeared, so you can't register and get full functionality.
Oh, and it's a bit complicated to work with.