F1 cars/stuff for sale

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
I just came across this site which has F1 cars for sale.

F1 cars for sale

Take this for instance, the Benetton F1 car Schumacher won his first championship title in... Or how about an a complete Arrows F1 car from 1992 with spares and pit equipment for less than ?50K?

B94-5.jpg
B94-1.jpg

FA13-1.jpg
FA13-3.jpg

Or if you just want something to decorate your living room with, how about a TAG Porsche engine? Both this and this site has TAG Porsche engine parts for sale.

TAGteile-300.jpg

TAG_Motor_auf_Holzsockel-2_400ws.jpg

TAG3.jpeg

Buy one of those engines, get some glass cut out in a circle, turn it into a table. I wouldnt mind the 1995 Benetton.

That can't be the Benneton that Schumacher won his championship in because the Sultan of Brunei owns that.

I've always wanted to do the table thing and have something like this:

http://img412.imageshack.**/img412/6048/tablesk5.jpg

I've always wanted to do the table thing and have something like this:

http://img412.imageshack.**/img412/6048/tablesk5.jpg

Thats what Im talking about

That can't be the Benneton that Schumacher won his championship in because the Sultan of Brunei owns that.
Schumacher won the championship in both 1994 and 1995 for Benetton. The one for sale is the '94 car, you might be thinking of the '95 car.

Schumacher won the championship in both 1994 and 1995 for Benetton. The one for sale is the '94 car, you might be thinking of the '95 car.

I realise it's the 94 car but the guy owns pretty much every championship winning car from the last three decades.

I realise it's the 94 car but the guy owns pretty much every championship winning car from the last three decades.

And you seriously think benetton only ran 1 chassis for the entire season? :hammer:

I think drivers tend to use the chassis they're given through-out the season unless they have a big accident or simply wear the chassis out. Teams build up to eight or nine per season to use for the test team and as spares/alternatives.

I remember that in the F1 Racing magazine, they publish a website that sell used F1 cars. Martin Brundell, i think is involve in the business. I don't remember which magazine issue, but i think Michael Schumacher Ferrari F1 car is also sell there.

They don't have a new chasis for every race and Alonso managed to keep using the same one all last season.
I have seen multiple benettons from both 94 and 95 for sale on that site before, so schumi did use more than one chassis, also it is well known that he use multiply Ferrari chassis durring the championship years, Frank Mountain bought an ex-Schumi car from 2000, which was a championship year.

If I had to buy an old F1 car, I'd get the Jordan 191. Most beautiful F1 car ever. Hey there's a poll idea for you Paul :p

haha why does the engine say megatron on it? that just sounds rediculous.
Because BMW withdrew from supplying engines to F1 cars at the end of 1986 and sold the rest of the stock to the US company Megatron who then had the engines prepared by the swiss engine shop Heini Mader for Arrows and Ligier for the 1987 and 1988 season. Brabham therefore had to use the still awful laydown configuration from their failed 1986 effort (BT55) in 1987 (BT56)

Still BMW badged, showing both uprigt and laydown version
engine-3.jpg

I'd take the Benetton, any time. Starting it would be tricky, though. you have to press, and hold, the throttle pedal at 1mm (3100 rpm, 100 over idle) until the engine is warmed up. press it by one extra millimeter, and you run the risk of bits of a Cosworth V8 being spewed out of the exhaust. it has a red light on the steering wheel to let you know you are being a clot with that pedal before you start it. (though, how difficult would it have been to program a "cold-start" system into the computer?)

Still, if you can afford the car, you can afford the engine, which i believe runs about $50,000

If I had to buy an old F1 car, I'd get the Jordan 191. Most beautiful F1 car ever. Hey there's a poll idea for you Paul :p

What about the poll for the driver you dislike/don't support. :p