Grindhouse comes out-thoughts?

Jacobfox

Car(s)
VW GTI 4-Door (MKVI)
I saw it and I was really impressed. The fake trailers are gold...it's worth seeing the movie for them alone. The first movie was pretty good, it was really pretty funny how schlocky they made it, like they "dropped out a reel" at a sex scene and they dropped another one at a critical plot point, which was really funny.

Death Proof was really cool, though. It had most of the similar humor elements mixed in with some fantastic driving scenes and the bit by bit deconstruction of a Dodge Challenger 440 and a Dodge Charger.

Definitely go see it. It captures the style of the films of the seventies admirably.

I've read multiple times that this movie supposedly has "the best car chase ever made" - can anyone clarify that tall statement?

It pretty much involves a challenger and a charger knocking into each other for many miles, while one of the heroines dangles from the hood of the challenger (she's a professional stuntwoman in the movie as well as in real life).

One brilliant piece of work. First there is a fake trailer for "Machete" a mexploitation movie. Then the first Feature Planet Terror, a zombie/infection movie. Then a few more fake trailers; "Don't" by Edgar Wright a British horror movie that doest let its actors speak so Americans wouldn't know its British untill they payed, then "Werewolf women of the SS" by Rob Zombie a semi softcore/horror, and then Thanksgiving by Eli Roth a slasher movie that goes too far. Then the second feature Death Proof a slasher/driving movie. Imagine taking Vanishing Point, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Fright, and When A Stranger Calls putting them in a random cutting machine and playing the movie.

SEE THIS IN THEATERS ! ! ! !

There is no spoiler that can give a way the experience of seeing this the a theater. It is an amazing event to see and share with a group of complete strangers.

best fucking movie i have seen in a good long while... as stated earlier it neeeeds to be seen in the thearters.

the car chase was good not on par with say ronin but still awesome

Awesome flick. It is sucking at the box office right now, but word of mouth is going to spread.

Machete looks outstanding. "You've messed with the wrong fucking Mexican."

Excellent movie. I just saw it and I can't stop talking about it.

Cinematic brilliance. It's a shame the movies are getting split up in other parts of the world. It needs to be seen as one peice, in the theater.

I can't pick between the two films as to a favourite. I'll probably see it again this week.

And that car chase will never be beaten.

It's a shame the movies are getting split up in other parts of the world.

NOOOOOOOO....
I REALLY hope it's not the case here. Maybe they're doing it to increase profit?

It only opened at #4 at the box office. Maybe Good Friday was not the best date for a horror B-movie style film to open.

NOOOOOOOO....
I REALLY hope it's not the case here. Maybe they're doing it to increase profit?

That could be a reason, but The Weinstien Company (one of the distributors of the film) said the split was for non American audiences who aren't familiar with double feature movies.

That could be a reason, but The Weinstien Company (one of the distributors of the film) said the split was for non American audiences who aren't familiar with double feature movies.

Non-Americans unfamiliar with double features? Hell, 99% of Americans themselves are unfamiliar with double features.

Non-Americans unfamiliar with double features? Hell, 99% of Americans themselves are unfamiliar with double features.

I know, I was just quoting something I read. I can't remember what though. Two 40's of Colt 45 does that to you.

i wouldn't say the chase seen was "the best ever in the world" but it was damn good, nothing fake about it, just real good car action

i really like both movies, the soundtrack in Planet Terror in particular was awesome IMO

i would see the movie with good friends at the very least, ideally id see it (as i did :)!) in a busy theatre with a good audience

its not constant laugh out load funny as much as its constant snickering at the audacity of it, in the best way possible

i had a good enouph audience that they even laughed at the soundtrack (scene where the docter/husband was trying to finish what he started a.k.a. i'm trying to not ruin the plot)

Last edited:
Planet Terror was alright, it just feels like another zombie/survival movie. Death Proof has some really good stunts. The first car crash and the final car chase is well done. I wouldn't say it's the best car chase ever, but it's pretty good.

FuManchu1.jpg

Nicholas Cage as Fu Manchu!
:lmao: