Buying a car in LA & (Power to $ Ratio)

And for the same amount of money as the S2000 + blower, you can put a blower on the GTO and get 600+ *reliable* rear wheel horsepower. S2000s are too high compression to like being boosted much.

Oh, and you'd still have enough money left over to completely re-do the suspension however you want it. (Note, the GTO is multilink IRS, not live axle). And even then you'd still have money left over. Plus the cops won't pay you a lot of unwelcome attention.

like i said, reliability is very important to me, do i still get to keep my warranty if i supercharge the GTO?? if the answer is Yes, then i would not hesitate to go to my nearest dealer to find a nice pre-owned 2003ish model.

your not going to keep your warranty on anything if you supercharge it, but it's not as if the monaro *cough* gto is down on power, 0-60mph is around 6 seconds or so I beleive and it's going to be pretty reliable unless you mod it (then I have no idea)

GM may have a factory supercharger for it. Do a search on google for the performance catalog "GM Performance Parts" . Even if they don't, 350-400hp in a GTO is plenty of power on a DD.

your not going to keep your warranty on anything if you supercharge it, but it's not as if the monaro *cough* gto is down on power, 0-60mph is around 6 seconds or so I beleive and it's going to be pretty reliable unless you mod it (then I have no idea)

I would assume the 6 liter/400hp Monaro does 0-60 in about the same time as my Chrysler, so probably 5 seconds rather than 6.

And you can get very low Mileage GTO's within the 25k budget.

Again, it depends on how much the budget is fixed. If you have 25k and lots of money for repairs, etc., then modding cars can be fun. But if you have 25k and not a lot of money to potentially replace engines, diffs, etc., then the GTO is an awesome performer that, when it fails, you call GM and say "fix it!"

I'm honestly not trying to be a wet towel. But in my years of building up cars, I've found the best rule of thumb for costs is:

Estimate your costs.
Then double it
Then add 30%

and that usually works out right.

Steve

mini works or the golf gti by abt.
(used of course, even certified pre-owned)
how abt that?