Employment

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
Well after a brief stint of unemployment I today became employed once again. I figured this time I'd go for a job in the car industry seeing that I love the bloody things so much.

So anyway, to explain my new avatar pic, this Holden fan of olde hasn't mysteriously just jumped ship, I've been employed as a car salesman with Bayford in Preston. Tell the truth I'm pretty happy about it too.

Not gunna make me stop loving my rexy though... 8)

Congrats!

P.S. I need a job.

Ohhh congrats.

I need a job too :(

I've always wondered. How do you become a car salesperson? (keep the girls happy)

Do you just have to be a good salesperson in general and then learn about the cars?

Congrats 'fridge - now, you do have to share all those car salesman secret tactics with us, y'hear? :p

I need a summer job too since i won't have uni in summer.
and also ... i need cash!!

Do you just have to be a good salesperson in general and then learn about the cars?

I have some sales experience in the past, but no Automotive. Bayford want to train me their way. Other than that I just put on a good show in the interviews. ;)

^hehe... congrats flyingfridge, if I know anyone that's going to buy a new Ford, I'll ask them to come over to Bayford :D

^I deal with Bayford by way of Camberwell VW. If the Ford Preston crowd are anything like the Camby VW peeps, you're with a good bunch. Really friendly, professional, willing to go through everything even showing me the ins and outs of the showroom cars when they know I have no interest in buying them.

Just really good at what they do and the way they go about it.:thumbsup:

Yeah, the company is pretty much the same, whether it be Camberwell VW or City Peugeot or any of the Ford dealerships. they hire their new people with no automotive experience so they can train them their way, that way they can teach the best service etc from the word go.

shit, i'm starting to sound like a marketing tool even before i've started work! :bangin:

Last edited:
Congrats! Don't be a shady bastard now. :p

Cool. So, any inside info on what the dealers get their cars for...how much you can discount etc etc.

I DID IT! I sold my first car today.

Yeah I know it's been nearly three weeks, but I did have to spend a couple of weeks learning the product and doing some training and I got to speak to customers this week.

Of course, me being me, it wasn't the average run-of-the-mill Fiesta LX, I sold the top of the range Territory Turbo Ghia. You might say I'm pretty chuffed :D

territory-ford-turbo-3.jpg

image25143_a.jpg

^Congrats fridge! I am a bit of a fan of the Territory Turbo, it's got sweet sounding engine and killer performance.

I did want o ask about how you're paid. Obviously I'm not asking for any figures at all, just the make up of your pay. I'm guessing that as a car salesman, you're on a base rate and then a graded % commission per car depending on it's price range?