Jeremy speaks of us?

Ottobon

Car(s)
2 Rust buckets and a confused 1999 American.
http://www.topgear.com/blogs/planettopgear/040-series-10-its-up-to-you/

feel free to lock this thread if its been posted already,

and NO i'm not going to copy-paste the text, its on the Topgear site for a reason

always entertaining when one of the big guys speaks of our somewhat humble community

Jeremy definitely has a thing for adding "land" to the end of everything :lol:

Not exactly speaking of us is he.

Well he's right though isnt he? Just because the small minority of viewers who post here want more car reviews doesn't mean eveybody else does. Its good that they acknowledge our sentiments and I hope they take them on-board when planning future series, but the current format is still very entertaining.

Really, to keep everyone happy, they need a mix of Season 7 and 8. Lots of car reviews/challenges and stunts.

All these people want to know why there aren't two or three proper car tests a week. And not car tests where I drive around shouting "poweeeeer", but proper ones done by James
:lol:

I think it's excellent that he's written this article. He's clearly having conflicting feelings about the direction the show is heading in and that alone makes me feel tremendously relieved. I really did think Top Gear as I've come to know it was gone but now I have some hope again!

I left a comment but:
"Thank you for your comment. All comments are checked by a moderator. Constructive, intelligent and humourous comments are all welcome, but not all will be posted."
So it might never be displayed. It was constructive and obviously it was intelligent because I wrote it and it was also mildly humorous but I gave a fake e-mail address so I'm doubting it will show up.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a mixture of proper car reviews and the cocking about they did in the last season. I must say I do understand those who say that Top Gear isn't as good anymore, but on the other hand, I never laughed so hard about those three blokes before. I was literally lying on the floor laughing last season. Therefor, a proper mix would be the best choice if you ask me. This way, everybody gets what he/she wants, just not in every episode.

Regards
the Interceptor

I left a comment as well, with a real Email. Didn't receive anything. Those things just have to be moderated... I guess the guy assigned to it won't be working on a Saturday...

I left a comment as well, with a real Email. Didn't receive anything. Those things just have to be moderated... I guess the guy assigned to it won't be working on a Saturday...
I was assuming that my e-mail address would immediately appear on the page along with my comment as soon as I hit reply and I wasn't keen on everybody everywhere being able to spam me. I didn't stop to think that it might only be checked by a moderator and then kept private.:unsure:

ah well.

Not exactly speaking of us is he.
You think so? Read the article again. It's very obvious that he speaks of us. This is irrefutable proof that Jezza lurks among us! :)

Now I'm really looking forward to season 10!

You think so? Read the article again. It's very obvious that he speaks of us. This is irrefutable proof that Jezza lurks among us! :)

Now I'm really looking forward to season 10!

Read it again and I stand corrected.

If they can find a way of making a 10 episode series, with the best bits of 7-9 in it, so say for example. Lots of new car reviews. Challenges. Mucking around and stunts, then I think it would be amazing.

But then again, I'd like TG no matter what it was like.

It's a shame he only took in the negatice critisism and didn't see all the possitive things people said about the last series though. I thought it was hilarious, and I think I have said so in posts, and read other's who has said sorta the same.

I left a comment, actually a few paragraphs. Hopefully it will be posted, and so they can see the American POV.

Top Gear is a CAR program, that's what it is. In the very first episode when you bought it back you said your self Mr.Clarkson "This is a car program, ... no-one will sing, and at the end of the series, no-one will have a recording contract." Keep that promise. This is a car program, this is why we watch the show, it's for the cars. It also why people watch (I know your going to hate me for saying this) Fifth Gear (Terrible Program, there is no humor). The format you had in seasons passed was the best. More cars, more of the guys having fun while driving cars, while testing cars. This is a car program.

When season 10 comes around I expect to hear the epic words once again, "This is a car program." If not, their is no good reason for me to watch any more.

I'd love to see a mixture of proper car reviews and the cocking about they did in the last season. I must say I do understand those who say that Top Gear isn't as good anymore, but on the other hand, I never laughed so hard about those three blokes before. I was literally lying on the floor laughing last season. Therefor, a proper mix would be the best choice if you ask me.

Correct. That?s it!

I'd love to see a mixture of proper car reviews and the cocking about they did in the last season. I must say I do understand those who say that Top Gear isn't as good anymore, but on the other hand, I never laughed so hard about those three blokes before. I was literally lying on the floor laughing last season. Therefor, a proper mix would be the best choice if you ask me. This way, everybody gets what he/she wants, just not in every episode.

Regards
the Interceptor

Correct. That?s it!

Almost, but not quite.

Top Gear is a CAR program, that's what it is. In the very first episode when you bought it back you said your self Mr.Clarkson "This is a car program, ... no-one will sing, and at the end of the series, no-one will have a recording contract." Keep that promise. This is a car program, this is why we watch the show, it's for the cars. It also why people watch (I know your going to hate me for saying this) Fifth Gear (Terrible Program, there is no humor). The format you had in seasons passed was the best. More cars, more of the guys having fun while driving cars, while testing cars. This is a car program.

When season 10 comes around I expect to hear the epic words once again, "This is a car program." If not, their is no good reason for me to watch any more.

Now THIS is the correct way to go.

I just hope he Clarkson realizes what TopGear did to become so popular and respects it. More Cocking About, doesn't automatically = Better Ratings. I think the ratings for TopGear have gone steadily up since the new format was introduced, because more and more people were discovering the show, not because they were doing more and more cocking about. Richard Hammonds near fatal accident brought a huge amount of attention to the show, and with it higher ratings, it was NOT the massive amount of screwing around that lead to those numbers.

The cocking about is great, but we would also like some substance, if it's not too much trouble. :rolleyes:

I love the cocking about personally, but I think they went too far in the latest season and lost some of the core of the show (i.e. car reviews).

I love the cocking about personally, but I think they went too far in the latest season and lost some of the core of the show (i.e. car reviews).

But happily, he acknowledges that they had few car reviews. Taking into account that this last series was anomalous, to say the least, we will have to wait until the nest one so we can judge on a properly produced season.:|

Top Gear is a CAR program, that's what it is. In the very first episode when you bought it back you said your self Mr.Clarkson "This is a car program, ... no-one will sing, and at the end of the series, no-one will have a recording contract." Keep that promise. This is a car program, this is why we watch the show, it's for the cars.
QFT!