Alfa Romeo 159 GTA Spy Video

LeMans GTR

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMqTsRTiQNc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emotorauthority%2Ecom%2Fnews%2Fvideos%2Fspy%2Dvideo%2Dalfa%2D159%2Dgta%2F[/YOUTUBE]

Alfa?s 159 GTA sedan has been caught by a spy photographers, and considering the quick getaway seen in the clip this car will be packing some serious performance. There are rumours of a Maserati sourced V8 engine making into the Alfa combined with a rear-biased AWD system.
Source

and

GTA is latest performance model

Chunky alloy wheels and a revised front bumper pick the newcomer out from lesser models. Its larger grille improves air flow to keep the uprated engine and brakes cool, while wire mesh gives it a purposeful look.

At the back, changes include a revised rear bumper, which houses four tell-tale exhaust pipes. They?re likely to be fed off a tweaked version of the brand?s 260bhp 3.2-litre V6 engine.

With more power on tap, the GTA should storm from 0-60mph in six seconds. To avoid the unruly handling that characterised the previous 156 GTA, the hot saloon will boast Alfa?s Q4 all-wheel-drive set up.

Alfa chief Antonio Baravalle said: ?We don?t need rear-wheel-drive to become a worldwide brand.? But he admitted that the door was open for the forthcoming 8C coup? to gain the sportier rear-drive set-up, as the firm plans its long-awaited US comeback in 2009.Source 2

Last edited:
and considering the quick getaway seen in the clip

Where? Did I miss something? I mean come on, every 100ps FWD Car gets away as fast as that.......;)

Nice engine sound though...

Mmm tasty, with looks like that and GTA performance you can't go wrong (well, provided Alfa screw it together properly...)

And the way it cornered, there was way less understeer than I would expect from a FWD car.

It has the Quattroporte chassis, i'm sure i read that in either 'Car' or 'Evo'.

Last edited:
Want one. Want one badly....no wait, make that I neeeeeed one. One of the prettiest cars on the market today combined with that much grunt and AWD. Yes please, let me have some winterfun !!

Doesn't look like a "spy" video. If anything, someone was hired to take one somewhere, and he called up his friends and said "Hey guys! Gues what!?! Grab a camera, and meet me at the parking lot of..."

I would say it is indeed a "rear-bias AWD" judging by the way it cornered.
I drooled, I liked it an I want it!

<3

Can I have one please? In red?

:thumbsup: I need it!

Awesome. Looks AWD, too.

Didnt Alfa have a 155 all wheel drive sedan, possibly mid 1990's? Or am I just thinking of the race car version.

Awesome. Looks AWD, too.

Didnt Alfa have a 155 all wheel drive sedan, possibly mid 1990's? Or am I just thinking of the race car version.

You are correct sir, they did have the Q4 system in the 155 also, as well as the 164 if I remember correctly. I very nearly bought a 155 Q4, but talked myself out of it, the mileage was rather high for my liking.

To me the one in the video looks and sounds like a normal 159 with the TI (Turismo Internazionale) package.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure there is a 159 GTA somewhere in the pipeline.

Awesome. Looks AWD, too.

Yes, the very early Q4 in the FIAT era, together with the 164. Both featured the same AWD system of the Lancia Delta Integrale. However, there have been several other AWD Alfas: 33, more recently the Crosswagon, based on the 156 Sportwagon, and the 159/Brera Q4.