Why James over Jason???

He was boring and fat.

he did fuck all.

Well the actual reason, as I understood it, was because Jason was caught by the police driving under the influence of alcohol. I have always had the image, that Jason left himself, as it would have been very unappropriate to have someone with a DUI conviction presenting a motoring show. It might be because BBC fired him, but anyway the reason for his leaving as far as I'm concerned was the drunk while driving incident.

Last edited:
Well the actual reason, as I understood it, was because Jason was caught by the police driving under the influence of alcohol. I have always had the image, that Jason left himself, as it would have been very unappropriate to have someone with a DUI convivtion prestenting a motoring show. It might be because BBC fired him, but anyway the reason for his leaving as far as I'm concerned was the drunk while driving incident.

Yeah, that's what i heard too.

Well the actual reason, as I understood it, was because Jason was caught by the police driving under the influence of alcohol. I have always had the image, that Jason left himself, as it would have been very unappropriate to have someone with a DUI convivtion prestenting a motoring show. It might be because BBC fired him, but anyway the reason for his leaving as far as I'm concerned was the drunk while driving incident.
Wow never known that...interesting :think:

*knew

I hope that's right as it would be libellous. Interestingly, Top Gear has fired a presenter for a drink-driving conviction before: Brendan Coogan - the talentless, twattish, c*ntish, fat-faced ugly pasty-faced tosser brother of Steve Coogan - was fired from old Top Gear. This is good; drink-drivers are selfish scum who should be beaten to death by the families they destroy. I applaud the BBC for this. I can not applaud Sky however, who employ him on Vroom Vroom.

I've never actually heard that story about Jason before - I assumed he was replaced as he just didn't add anything to the show. It made sense to replace him with James May. The fact that Jason is currently doing the Used Car Roadshow is interesting: are his employers aware of the conviction - if indeed there is a conviction?

Best decision ever made to replace Jason with James. Can you imagine Richard and Jason racing the DB9, or Jason trying to fly a Cessna, or Jason and Richard building a rocket....

I hope that's right as it would be libellous. Interestingly, Top Gear has fired a presenter for a drink-driving conviction before: Brendan Coogan - the talentless, twattish, c*ntish, fat-faced ugly pasty-faced tosser brother of Steve Coogan - was fired from old Top Gear. This is good; drink-drivers are selfish scum who should be beaten to death by the families they destroy. I applaud the BBC for this. I can not applaud Sky however, who employ him on Vroom Vroom.

I've never actually heard that story about Jason before - I assumed he was replaced as he just didn't add anything to the show. It made sense to replace him with James May. The fact that Jason is currently doing the Used Car Roadshow is interesting: are his employers aware of the conviction - if indeed there is a conviction?

Hmmm...that's interesting. Could I really be thinking of Coogan here ? God damnit, because I rememeber very clearly reading an interview with an ex-TG presenter talking (among other things) about his DUI and I swear the presenter was Jason Dawe, not Brendan Coogan. But for the love of god I can't find that interview anywhere, not Coogan OR Dawe. I remember that it was that exact interview where I found about this and at that time I did't even know who Brendan Coogan was, so that kind of counts him out.

But still it would be really weird to have two presenters of the same show get a DUI and be sacked because of it.

God damnit, I will find that interview !!! :mad:

Best decision ever made to replace Jason with James. Can you imagine Richard and Jason racing the DB9, or Jason trying to fly a Cessna, or Jason and Richard building a rocket....

+1

He would refuse to run on television for other reasons..

Hmmm...that's interesting. Could I really be thinking of Coogan here ? God damnit, because I rememeber very clearly reading an interview with an ex-TG presenter talking (among other things) about his DUI and I swear the presenter was Jason Dawe, not Brendan Coogan. But for the love of god I can't find that interview anywhere, not Coogan OR Dawe. I remember that it was that exact interview where I found about this and at that time I did't even know who Brendan Coogan was, so that kind of counts him out.

But still it would be really weird to have two presenters of the same show get a DUI and be sacked because of it.

God damnit, I will find that interview !!! :mad:

You're thinking of Coogan. Jason was replaced because, well, it wasn't really working was it? I saw Coogan on a trailer for Vroom Vroom the other day and it just made my blood boil. It's a disgrace he can be employed in that capacity.

I would edit your post if I were you, mate. It's an honest mistake, but you've implied he has a conviction for drink-driving. I wouldn't want that written about me on a site if it were not true. I'd want your IP number... and blood! ;)

You're thinking of Coogan. Jason was replaced because, well, it wasn't really working was it? I saw Coogan on a trailer for Vroom Vroom the other day and it just made my blood boil. It's a disgrace he can be employed in that capacity.

I would edit your post if I were you, mate. It's an honest mistake, but you've implied he has a conviction for drink-driving. I wouldn't want that written about me on a site if it were not true. I'd want your IP number... and blood! ;)

Well, no, I won't edit my post, since it now looks like that I have been proven wrong by others, mainly you, and I admit it so there. No point in editing my previous posts, since I now admit my failure as a human being :p And hey I wasn't alone, I'm not the only who deserves to be shot :mrgreen:

Watch 'Used car roadshow'... then you'll realise why.
Or the TG episode where he talks to kids.

Put simply, Jason was useless...

He would have blended in to well on the America special.

Watch 'Used car roadshow'... then you'll realise why.

what was wrong with that episode? Did you pick up on some pedophilia that I somehow missed?

+1

He would refuse to run on television for other reasons..

heart giving out, constant stops at McDonalds, weight tiring him out...

I consider him the only workable candidate to pull off that schoolkids/supercars segment gracefully given that he's not a vicious and crazy asshole like the other three. It was the one place in that entire series he really shined.

(Naturally not being a vicious and crazy asshole makes him boring for everything else.)