22 dead in Va. Tech shooting rampage

You know what. I think it's a shame that this day and age allows people like him to voice their views even after death. I feel that whatever he has to say should land in the trashsbin of history as opposed to be spread all over the Internet and Television.

I for one won't watch it.

You're right. I don't even want to see his face right now after what he did.

Yeah, I agree. The decision to show his videos and pictures to the world was a very insensitive act, by not only NBC but all of the television news networks. I believe that this information should have NEVER seen the light of day (as was said by the director of the VA State Police), as all it did was give this asshole a chance to have the last word. NBC should have had better judgment, especially after viewing the articles, and known that nothing good would come from broadcasting those crazy, senseless rants.

I think the least that the news media in general has to do for those families of the victims is write each one of them a personal apology, and offer whatever assistance they can provide. The news media took the pain that all of us feel, and made it worse, not better after broadcasting those pictures and videos.

Agreed. I'm tired of seeing that asshole's face plastered on every fucking newspaper and website. Good job guys, you're doing exactly what he wanted: making him famous and recognized. I hope the only way to become known these days isn't to pull off something like this.

Wasn't that the entire plot of Natural Born Killers?

April 16, 2007 truly is a sad day in history, and I hope an event of this magnitude is never to be attempted.

To all the victims-RIP.
To the victims friends and family-my condolences and prayers.

Deeply troubling seeing that guy in the material. And as those above, I have to agree. It shouldn't have been shown. It should have just been given to the proper authorities and never released. This only encourages other nutcases to do it. It's a national tragedy for Americans and at least their television stations should have had more empathy for the victims' close ones.

Not to mention the content of it is very disturbing and probably shouldn't be shown on daytime TV.

From what I understand, seeing the video has turned some sadness into anger and rage.

I think it should have been aired, but not immediately. And the television news shouldn't have shown so much, and so often...but rather shown a small clip and made the rest available online. Let people choose if they want to watch the whole thing or not.

That would have been the responsible thing to IMO.

I think it should have been aired, but not immediately. And the television news shouldn't have shown so much, and so often...but rather shown a small clip and made the rest available online. Let people choose if they want to watch the whole thing or not.

And for what reason? why do people need to see it?

It's still news. Same reason why Bin Laden tapes, footage of fighting in Iraq, and a myriad of other things are aired.

But that doesn't mean it has to be played over and over and over again. It exists, and can't be ignored. After hearing about it, I was interested in watching it.

I just heard that many networks have decided to stop showing it.

I also heard that the University is probably going to get sued? Just heard it briefly while flipping channels so, not sure the details on that.

I just heard that many networks have decided to stop showing it.

I also heard that the University is probably going to get sued? Just heard it briefly while flipping channels so, not sure the details on that.

Yeah a number of networks have realized the backlash (especially NBC, which had all of their interviews with Tech students and their families declined since they started airing the videos), and have decided to drastically reduce the amount of airtime they give it.

I do agree with Firecat though. It's news regardless, and if it hadn't been made available, it would have shown up on thesmokinggun, or some site similar to it, a couple of months later, and would have torn open the wounds from this tragedy, the wounds that by then would have just started to heal. Getting it all out of the way now, is probably better. It was tasteless however to make the nightly news last night (and the following hours on MSNBC, and every other news network) "The crazy murderer hour".

As for the university getting sued, that's not really a surprise. I'm sure every school shooting since the late 90s has had at least one lawsuit filed against someone, whom the litigious asshole thought was at fault for the tragedy. Some people only know litigation as a recourse for their sadness. They are likely suing because they think they know what decisions should have been made, and they've decided someone has to pay. It's a sad country we live in, when murderers get hours of broadcast time to gloat over killing 32 people and people sue a university because it was trying to protect their students by preventing (what seemed at the time was) needless chaos, while the victims of this tragedy are cast aside by the media.

Luckily, the victims aren't being cast aside by those who truly care about them. Us, Hokie Students, Hokie Faculty, Hokie Alumni, and the hundreds of thousands (possibly millions) of honorary Hokies, are still thinking and praying for those members of our Hokie Family who lost their loved ones on Monday. They will always be missed, but they will never be forgotten.

Agreed. I'm tired of seeing that asshole's face plastered on every fucking newspaper and website. Good job guys, you're doing exactly what he wanted: making him famous and recognized. I hope the only way to become known these days isn't to pull off something like this.

Wasn't that the entire plot of Natural Born Killers?

could not agree more. They are just fullfilling his fantasies. I'm not going to watch it, becouse it makes me sick.
We should use the same practise as the romans - damnatio memoriae - erasing him from every document and destroying every picture, as if he never existed.

As for the university getting sued, that's not really a surprise. I'm sure every school shooting since the late 90s has had at least one lawsuit filed against someone, whom the litigious asshole thought was at fault for the tragedy. Some people only know litigation as a recourse for their sadness. They are likely suing because they think they know what decisions should have been made, and they've decided someone has to pay. It's a sad country we live in, when murderers get hours of broadcast time to gloat over killing 32 people and people sue a university because it was trying to protect their students by preventing (what seemed at the time was) needless chaos, while the victims of this tragedy are cast aside by the media.
Well said sir. :clap:
And everybody else has already brought this up, but I'm also glad that your friends are ok.

Zamknij si?...
USA podobno s?ynie z demokracji i wolno?ci wypowiedzi...

Prawda jest taka, ?e ameryka to chory kraj i tragedie jak ta s? doskona?ym dowodem na potrzeb? zdelegalizowania broni palnej. Czego mo?na si? spodziewa? daj?c ludziom wolny dost?p do broni?! Tragedia w USA odbywa si? codziennie, ka?dy sprzedany pistolet jest tak na prawd? gwo?dziem do trumny ofiar a dolarem do kieszeni jej producent?w. Zapis w konstytucji pozwalaj?cy na posiadanie broni to przestarza?y kowbojski rak tocz?cy ten kraj. Tragedia jest tragedi?, szanuj? ofiary, ale nale?y zastanowi? si? co te tragedie doprowadza do skutku i jak im przeciwdzia?a?. Niestety mentalno?? ludzi i uk?ady sprzedawc?w broni nie dopuszcz? do jej zdelegalizowania. P?ki tak si? nie stanie za jaki? czas media zachucz? na nowo.

Last edited:
Ummm, .......ok......

Mind translating that for us? What is the point in posting something that the majority of us can't read?

EDIT: a free translator reveals that it's something about gun control, etc., so it really doesn't belong here dude....take your politics elsewhere, even if they are in a different language.

Last edited:
USA podobno s?ynie z demokracji i wolno?ci wypowiedzi...

Prawda jest taka, ?e ameryka to chory kraj i tragedie jak ta s? doskona?ym dowodem na potrzeb? zdelegalizowania broni palnej. Czego mo?na si? spodziewa? daj?c ludziom wolny dost?p do broni?! Tragedia w USA odbywa si? codziennie, ka?dy sprzedany pistolet jest tak na prawd? gwo?dziem do trumny ofiar a dolarem do kieszeni jej producent?w. Zapis w konstytucji pozwalaj?cy na posiadanie broni to przestarza?y kowbojski rak tocz?cy ten kraj. Tragedia jest tragedi?, szanuj? ofiary, ale nale?y zastanowi? si? co te tragedie doprowadza do skutku i jak im przeciwdzia?a?. Niestety mentalno?? ludzi i uk?ady sprzedawc?w broni nie dopuszcz? do jej zdelegalizowania. P?ki tak si? nie stanie za jaki? czas media zachucz? na nowo.

pierdol? ci?, pizdka

Brak argument?w sk?ania do zastosowania obrazy s?ownej.
Wygl?da na to, ?e Clarkson ma racj? co do USA...
EOT

Last edited:
It's either English from now on or an infraction. It's yours to choose...
Whatever it is you're discussing here must be readable by everyone.

Last edited:
I wonder why you won't say that to others who also reply in diff language. Seems that anyone with different statement is a terrorist here. Nice discussion, very democratic - you don't agree with someone, throw at him the worst swearing.

This is neither the time nor the place.
While it touches the heart of the case. LOL.

This thread seems to be like a self-adoration meeting. Bye.

Last edited: