BMW CS Concept

Hot, but I think it looks much like the new Maserati Coupe - don't you think?

Remember the hideous Z9 Concept from 1999?

BMW-Z9_Gran_Turismo_Concept_1999_photo_0e.jpg

BMW-Z9_Gran_Turismo_Concept_1999_photo_0d.jpg

Five years later, it did give birth to a lovely production 6-Series (E63).

BMW-645Ci_2004_photo_15.jpg

BMW-645Ci_2004_photo_0a.jpg

I can think the same will happen with the CS Concept. BMW will tone it down, and probably the production version of the CS or 8-Series will look well-proportioned and rather nice. It must be said, though, I'm one of the few odds who actually like the CS.

I think the CS concept is pretty good, the front is a bit awkard, but they'll probably modify it if it goes into production.

I can see what they were going for, but the proportions are out of whack, the front looks awful, and that broken feature line that then rises over the rear wheel looks like it's been ripped straight off an American muscle car. Nope, it doesn't work for me.

Same for me. From a short spot at the ages of the members who commented I seem to have figured out that the car's hot if you're under 20. One thing that BMW should do then is to carefully think about their average customer if it ever goes into production. :)

I actually don't know how to articulate what I think of that dent (?) in the rear doors - what a bloody mistake that must be :bangin:

And no to the shark grill. It doesn't suit THIS BMW.

To its credit - the rear lights look cool 8)

I freaking love it. The kidneys are possibly a touch too big though. If this is the continuation of BMW's new design direction, I'm absolutely loving it! Put it on sale!!

Looks like something Darth Vader would like to drive.

I can think the same will happen with the CS Concept. BMW will tone it down, and probably the production version of the CS or 8-Series will look well-proportioned and rather nice. It must be said, though, I'm one of the few odds who actually like the CS.

x2, there's hardly any concept car i think is good looking, but many turned into nice looking cars
i can see that happen for this one as well :thumbsup:

The Alfa Montreal was a concept that went straight into production, as was (sort of) the new Civic. Wish companies did it more.

I love it. :love:

I think it would look better if the grill was a little bit more narow verticaly. This would make a great next gen. 7 series. Thats what they should do with it, the next 7 series. And then base the other models on the same design concept (as usual).

P.S. why some of you think this could be the 8 series? 8 series should be a 2 door GT car, not a 4 door saloon. That would be so wrong... :huh:

I love it. :love:

I think it would look better if the grill was a little bit more narow verticaly. This would make a great next gen. 7 series. Thats what they should do with it, the next 7 series. And then base the other models on the same design concept (as usual).

P.S. why some of you think this could be the 8 series? 8 series should be a 2 door GT car, not a 4 door saloon. That would be so wrong... :huh:
There are rumors saying the next 8 Series will compete against Merc CLS, Porsche Panamera and Aston Martin Rapide. Thus being a four door sports saloon.

Oh my god that is so stunning in reality. Is this the start of a bit of a revival for the coke bottle shape?

Looks like it's going after the AM Rapide, but some of the folds and creases are far too Dodge / Chrysler. Tacky.

I liked it...until I saw the front. Who got pissed and punched the clay model in the face? God, they went out of their way to make the front grotesque, like a Chinese knock-off of a BMW with Rapide headlights.
My thoughts exactly. The rear end is gorgeous, the body lines are a little much but I like the low roof line. The front end looks to short to be proportionate with the rest of the car though, and the fascia itself is hideous.

So basically it's on par with the rest of thier line up. Great profiles and small touches with nasty front ends and body lines lol.