Changing Display ...

Paddy

Car(s)
'06 BMW 320 M Sport
Hello, trusty Tech advice / support peep's ! :D

Guy's I'm thinking of doing something within my room, but I dunno if it'll work.

Basically, I've a 28' Panasonic CRT Wide & flat screen TV, that is MASSIVE and taking up loads of space. It's used to run digital TV, PS2, XB360 & VCR through. In the other corner I've my PC running on an old 17' LCD which I was considering upgrading to a 22' Samsung Syncmaster @ around ?400-?420 in price.

However, I've been looking at a Mirai 32' HDTV LCD in work for ?629 and thinking to run them all through the Mirai as a space saver and for one massive monitor and to get the most out of HD gaming on the 360. The latest model of this one --> http://www.mirai.eu/Europe/ProductDetails&product_id=37&cat_id=43

(Upgraded to 1200:1 contrast ratio, 6.5ms response & component input)

Was thinking of running :

PC through VGA
XB360 through Component
Digital TV through Scart 1
PS2 shared with VCR through Scart 2
Audio routed to external sound system.

The only things I'm worried about is quality of PC on TV and how to connect it in the first place as my 8800GTS only has two DVI outputs ? Will the PC desktop be as sharp as it is currently on my 17's LCD or will it be pixelated ?

I would connect the PC using a DVI to HDMI adapter, that would give you better quality than VGA.