Carrera GT eats a lightpole

Alok

The TomTom did it.
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra 5F
1carreragt_20070215_001.jpg

1carreragt_20070215_002.jpg

1carreragt_20070215_003.jpg

The gentleman collected a steel light pole before coming to rest on the sidewalk and grass shown in the pic. Really "Rung" the guys bell, he was completely incoherent. He could not answer basic questions, his name, day of the week, nor what he had for breakfast. The young adult with him was fine. Steering wheel air bag deployed as did the driver's doorhttp://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/1carreragt_20070215_003.shtml# air bag along with the passenger sidehttp://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/1carreragt_20070215_003.shtml# dashboard air bag.
I vote for Porsche Customer Screening!

Last edited:
im not sure about customer screening.... unless of course the customer is pete docherty or the like (who wants a scum bucket like him associated with you?)

what i'd like is some kinda higher level or more advance driving test, just as some kind of proof that you have at least some skill and experience at handling a hi powered performance machine and that you are aware and know how to use some of the more advance driving techniques that you dont get taught when you learn to drive at 17 (or 15 is it in the states?)

you know, the driving test here really only makes sure you know how to competently drive a sedate little run around adhering to all the speedlimits and laws and what to check on your car before journeys.

it doesnt really clue you up on what to do when a 600bhp MR car starts to get its tail out all of a sudden.

Mercedes, i think, have a good take on this by not allowing the driver to completely turn the traction controll off, its abit dictatorish and opresive but really its for your own well being. ok Tiff Needel might complain because he cant do powerslides...but hes a racing driver, he knows what he's doing. mr Millions buying his first super car...doesnt (usually)

traction control is there for a reason, its there to keep things in check, and keep the relatively average driver safe from unexpected bouts of oversteer and the fast approaching scene of the accident.

if you turn it off and drive beyond your skill then your just asking for a crash.

I know someone who used to have a CGT and it is apparently a pain in the ass off the track. So, while this guy is obviously a crap driver, I can sort of understand.

It looks like the damage is mostly on the left side.

im not sure about customer screening.... unless of course the customer is pete docherty or the like (who wants a scum bucket like him associated with you?)

what i'd like is some kinda higher level or more advance driving test, just as some kind of proof that you have at least some skill and experience at handling a hi powered performance machine and that you are aware and know how to use some of the more advance driving techniques that you dont get taught when you learn to drive at 17 (or 15 is it in the states?)

you know, the driving test here really only makes sure you know how to competently drive a sedate little run around adhering to all the speedlimits and laws and what to check on your car before journeys.

it doesnt really clue you up on what to do when a 600bhp MR car starts to get its tail out all of a sudden.

Mercedes, i think, have a good take on this by not allowing the driver to completely turn the traction controll off, its abit dictatorish and opresive but really its for your own well being. ok Tiff Needel might complain because he cant do powerslides...but hes a racing driver, he knows what he's doing. mr Millions buying his first super car...doesnt (usually)

traction control is there for a reason, its there to keep things in check, and keep the relatively average driver safe from unexpected bouts of oversteer and the fast approaching scene of the accident.

if you turn it off and drive beyond your skill then your just asking for a crash.

The cars with selective driving aids should come with a waiver, absolving the manufacturer (and your insurer) of all liability when the button is pushed. Maybe then people would think twice about trying to sling 600 horsepower around public roads with no traction or spin control. Or get a bike to minimize the carnage.

Add one more to my "Exotic-crashing-idiots-to-punch-in-face" list.

what a dipshit. My crash would have been 10 times more brutal and dramatic.
:lmao:

And it is an amazing car, but it doesn't look totalled, and accidents do happen. He may still deserve to get punched in the face for it though.

I vote for Porsche Customer Screening!

To be honest, this isn't Ferrari we're talking about. The CGT isn't technically a limited production car and I doubt Porsche could care much less (besides for the bad rep) if their cars crash. I mean they make money either way.

If they had a test or whatever, they'd sell less cars = bad for them.

Ferrari on the other hand knew that they'd sell their Enzos no matter what, so they have the luxury of hand picking the first owners of the cars.

To be honest, this isn't Ferrari we're talking about. The CGT isn't technically a limited production car and I doubt Porsche could care much less (besides for the bad rep) if their cars crash. I mean they make money either way.
:blink:
Of course the CGT is/was a limited production car.

There were probably around 1500 Carrera GT sold. While this is more than 3x as many Enzo's, it is much less than what would be considered "mass production".