Armoured BMW M5.

Excuse my ignorance but why is Brazil so dangerous anyway? I mean South Africa has a high crime rate but the reasons are pretty obvious... why Brazil though?

I don't understand why the people on this thread are missing the "My dad chose the car" bit in that thread. He said he tried to convince his father otherwise, but he (the father) wouldn't listen. And yet everybody here is whining "Why did he (the owner) ruin an M5?"!
READ THE THREAD CLOSELY!

Wonder what the security measures would be in South Africa, where it's legal to use deadly force to protect your belongings? Flame-throwers, airbags in the roof to bop the thief on the head to knock him out, etc...

Although I agree he's a lucky bastard. I would probably do something like that to my car if I'm a multi-millionair. The first I would buy if I hit the Megabuck is getting a fully armored and rollcaged Hummer H1. When you're that rich, a few thousand to armor a car is well worth it.

^ Maybe if I was a billionaire. Being a millionare in this day and age doesn't get you much more than a garrish, armoured Hummer.

^ Maybe if I was a billionaire. Being a millionare in this day and age doesn't get you much more than a garrish, armoured Hummer.

Not in Brazil or most of Latin America. If we're talking about USD then it applies, local currency not so much. This type of protection for the wealthy is big business in those countries. Quite common.

He should've gotten a chauffer. And something with much more class. Like a Maybach or a Toyota Century.

Such a waste of money, he should've gotten the S-class from two generations ago back when Mercedes made a proper luxery car. Those things are practically bullet proof in stock form...

Well if you read some of the thread there, He lives in Brazil and claims there are a lot of car jackings and deaths resulting from them. Additionally, he claims that there is the largest armored car fleet in Brazil. Pretty interesting.

Saw this on the Germancarzone, and I would like to share with you all.

But here it is the original thread with the photos:
Click here: Armoured BMW M5

19 years old and a a new M5 given as a present by dad...what a lucky bastard![/QUOTE
Yeah but the car was probably dirt cheap considering that Brazil is a second or third world country.

Last edited:
BMW M5 costs R$ 575.000 Brazilian Reais.

That's equivalent to:

-U$$ 283.000.

-? 207.000.

-? 142.000.

Oh and btw.

I once got robbed in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I was walking in Copacabana beach, and then a black guy pushed me to the ground, then when I got up he pointed the gun at me and told me that I did not give him my watch, I would die. Mind you, he was armed with a 38.

He stole my ?mega Seamaster watch and I had a bruise knee.

But hey! Better have a bruise knee than take a bullet at least!

what! the cars like $80,0000 and then he spent another $35,000 on making it armoured. thats one expensive M5, M6 wheels look hawt though

i've just thought....all this protection because he drives a nice car which is obviously a nice target for theives, and given that he'll be one in a few people will know who it is right away, making him an easy target.

the thing is, buying a mundan-o-mobile would probably afford him more protection (at least until the hit man got hold of him) because he wouldnt stick out like a sore thumb everywhere he goes. he'd just be another man in another car.

that is until the .50cal round nukes the engine, and the 2nd shot takes him out.

Last edited:
what! the cars like $80,0000 and then he spent another $35,000 on making it armoured. thats one expensive M5, M6 wheels look hawt though

i've just thought....all this protection because he drives a nice car which is obviously a nice target for theives, and given that he'll be one in a few people will know who it is right away, making him an easy target.

the thing is, buying a mundan-o-mobile would probably afford him more protection (at least until the hit man got hold of him) because he wouldnt stick out like a sore thumb everywhere he goes. he'd just be another man in another car.

that is until the .50cal round nukes the engine, and the 2nd shot takes him out.

Your right. He should've gotten a Renault. Like that red one driven by those PMC's in that National Geographic Special I saw.

Your right. He should've gotten a Renault. Like that red one driven by those PMC's in that National Geographic Special I saw.

he should get a old cab, hows the shooter gonna know which cab to target when theres a sea of the same coloured beaters in his sights.

still i dunno what you'd do about ignoring passengers lol

car thieves/jackers wouldnt wanna bother, you could armour it....but really if some one wants you dead, you need more than an armoured car.

but why have a beat up cab when you dad has the means to provide an M5?

What is it with all these people saying "he should be shot at... Why didn't he buy an old volvo... what a waste."

They got an M5 because they wanted an M5. The armored it to be safe. Yes, they could have purchased an armored mercedes or whatever, but the fact is they wanted the M5. Maybe its a waste to you, but if that is what they want then who really cares. Or even if somebody decided to armor a F430 then thats their business... :blowup:

Oh and btw.

I once got robbed in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I was walking in Copacabana beach, and then a black guy pushed me to the ground, then when I got up he pointed the gun at me and told me that I did not give him my watch, I would die. Mind you, he was armed with a .38.

He stole my ?mega Seamaster watch and I had a bruise knee.

But hey! Better have a bruise knee than take a bullet at least!
Hum... I know what you're talking about. It's a shame it happens but here, if you have anything, I mean, anything that calls the criminal's attention, you'll get robbed. Out on the streets do yourselves a favor and do not walk with too much cash, expensive mobile phones, cars, watches, cameras , etc. Or if you need or still want to, be as discrete as possible. That guy on the M5... he has too much money, 'cause all cars here are way more expansive than in other countries (a Renault Logan will cost about U$18000 when decently equiped). So, he wants to have his dream car. He's a idiot then. Usually the very rich ones have an executive car, armored, which they use on the daily and an exotic thing to drive on the 'highways' at the weekends and only show up with them at night on very specific neighborhoods or cities, which are known for being rich places. If still he wants to go out at night, in S?o Paulo or Rio, take some girls for a spin or go to a club, then an armored SUV would suit better. More torque, more robust and more intimidating than a M5, that's for sure. But he still would need to know his limits. There are certain areas which you avoid at any cost, even if you drive an old VW Beetle.

So, let's see. Basically, the problem here with criminality is the enormous marginalized amount of the population. People that often have it's origins to slaves brought from Africa that when were set free, had big prejudice to fight with, which obviously brought difficulties, meaning, for example, they had no place to live, 'cause no one wanted to pay them as regular employees 'cause of their color and the image people associated with it. As population grew, they became more numerous, other marginalized people like the ones that came from the northeast Brazil came and there we are. A small, very rich part of the population, a middle class (struggling to live honestly, having to pay one of the highest taxations in the world) and a enormous amount of poor, ignored people without proper education, health care, basic sanitation, places to live, etc... There is one photo that summarizes what I said:
22%20-Fav%20da%20Rocinha%20e%20Ipanema%20lah%20atraz.jpg

The buildings on the right are from S?o Conrado, home of some of the highest paid people in the city. On the left, that 'thing' is called a 'favela', where poor people live, and some of the best places for a drug dealer to run his 'business'.

Well, that's it.

It is a British trait to dispise success.
The argument goes something like this, I think
1. "He's rich I bet he does not deserve it"
2. "I hate him for being rich whilst I am not (I'll scratch his car, slap his face, burgle his house, then I'll feel better) and never will be because of the class system in this country - I could be rich if only. ..."
3. "You find out he worked hard and is self made - you hate him even more because you are not".

Recent hate figure for instance was Nick Faldo - he had the temerity to practice a lot to become successful. ...

OK Brits, shoot me down on this one.

Simon Cowell once said that British people are so cynical that they are jealous of other people's success. It's not exactly a productive way of thinking, especially for nation that has accomplished so much in recent history. Americans are much more accepting of success.

Brazil has one of the largest income disparities in the world with a dwindling middle class and wide-scale poverty. Many of the impoverished citizens are blacks while the white people are usually the educated, wealthy Brazilians. I'd like to visit Rio and Sao Paolo one day even with all the violence that plagues an otherwise beautiful country. Just my opinion, but Brazilian Portuguese is the best-sounding Romance language.

Today I bought a Royal Doulton teapot. However, teapot theft is very common around these parts, so I decided to have it converted into chocolate to throw the criminals off...

fig7.jpg

Oh Bugger. Still, about as useful as an armoured supercar...

When will people realize that getting stuff that expensive from your parents when you're young is not a good thing at all.
They should instead learn that you have to work for the things you want. Not so much the youngster's fault as his dad's in this case.

i think spoiling your child if you think it may save his life is forgivable.