Snoop Dogg denied entry to Australia. Hooray!!

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
Snoop Dogg denied entry to Australia
Thursday Apr 26 11:25 AEST

Controversial US rapper Snoop Dogg is being denied entry to Australia after failing a character test, the federal government says.

The cancellation of the rapper, record producer and actor's visa means he will not be able to appear at the MTV Australian Video Music Awards this weekend, as planned.

Immigration Minister Kevin Andrews said Snoop Dogg was being issued with a notice of intention to cancel his visa after he failed to pass the requisite character test.

Snoop Dogg, 35, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, pleaded no contest to felony gun and drug charges in the US earlier this month.

"The reality is in relation to this man, that he was given a warning the last time, he has a whole string of convictions, and just two weeks ago I was told he was convicted on a number of charges again and sentenced to three years imprisonment on two, and three years imprisonment on another, with five years probation and a suspended sentence," Mr Andrews told Macquarie Radio.

"He has been denied entry into the United Kingdom because he was caught with others causing affray at Heathrow Airport (in London).

"He doesn't seem the sort of bloke we want in this country."

Mr Andrews said Snoop Dogg would have an opportunity to respond to the cancellation of his visa, but with his extensive criminal record he had failed to pass the character test.

"What that character test does is allow the minister to refuse the grant of a visa if the person doesn't pass the character test," he said.

"The character test in relation to this involves a substantial criminal record, which is, under the legislation,, being sentenced to a term of imprisonment of 12 months or more.

"It can also include a person's associations, their past and present criminal conduct, and their general conduct.

"This man has been a member of a Los Angeles gang - and is still associated with it apparently - that's been involved in murder, robberies and drug dealing in the LA area."

This is a good thing. We don't have to listen to his awful music on TV. There's enough of it on radio.

I'm not much of a snoop fan, but it seems like artistic censorship to me.

Artistic censorship? You fucking kidding me? I doubt the Minister even knows who Snoop Dogg is and what his (shit) music sounds like. His refusal of visa would be simply because of his background, nothing to do with "artistic censorship". Come on, you weren't being serious were you?

You need to be an artist before you can be artistically censored. Being a thug with money does not make one an "artist."

You can't honestly think that he's going to commit crimes and destroy society in the 4 days (or whatever) that hes in the country. The conservatives elements just dont want him here. His legal background has nothing to do with it.

They tried to pull the same thing on Eminem when he last toured, except they had no convictions to hold against him, so they went with the "think of the children" angle.

What a change!! A country founded by criminals, now denies another one entry into it. :D :D

If he writes his own lyrics and makes his own beats, then sure he's an artist.

Drug charges are likely related to marijuana - No big deal.

lolwut.jpg

..okay there.

WARNING!! Rap Lyrics inside. Racial slurs and violence within.

YE BE WARNED!

Ay ay Jaycee
Sup Aron?
Ain't that Snoop Dogg over there?
That that nigga with that blue coat on?
Yeah
Yeah oh yeah that's that nigga
Nigga roll up on the side of him man
Roll your window down
Man hand me my motherfuckin Glock man gimme another clip
Cuz I'm gonna smoke this fool
Yeah roll the windows down
Yeah, OK there you go
Ay man, you Snoop Dogg?
Snoop?
Huh?
Snoop Doggy Dogg?
Man he's Snoop Dogg
Man fuck that nigga!!
[gun shots]
Nigga man!
Get that nigga man!
Man get up fool man, get up man, don't be tryin to run man
Get up on that fool man, I don't give a fuck
What set you got now? Fuck you nigga!
Yeah nigga, whassup?
Nigga?
Yeah motherfucker
Yeah nigga, one less nigga
Yeah nigga, youse a dead motherfucker now

Yeah, what ever would give them the idea that he might be a problem? Artist my ass. There's nothing artistic about these rhymes, hell, some of the lines are only one syllable long. Not the word, the whole line! The most complex word in the whole thing is... well, look for yourself.

It's not art, it's just noise.

You can't honestly think that he's going to commit crimes and destroy society in the 4 days (or whatever) that hes in the country. The conservatives elements just dont want him here. His legal background has nothing to do with it.

His legal background has everything to do with it. And I for one applaud the decision - why should we let people with a history like his into the country?

Glad he has been denied access, we don't need him here.

What a change!! A country founded by criminals, now denies another one entry into it. :D :D

:lol: That was exactly what I was thinking.

His legal background has everything to do with it. And I for one applaud the decision - why should we let people with a history like his into the country?

Exactly, normal people have an extremely hard time getting into our country with any kind of serious criminal conviction, such as jail time. Look at the show Border Security and see all the people are 30 but get turned back because they were in prison for a year for stealing a car or something when they were 18.

So why on Earth should we change the rules for a celebrity who has multiple drug and firearm conviction as well as a major link to past and present gangs and gand violence.

Reminds me of just a couple of months ago when customs raided Sylvester Stallone's hotel rooms and private jet after they discovered he had illegal human growth horemones in his luggage when he was out here for the recent Rocky Balboa premiere.

C'mmon guys. Surely you saw him in Starsky and Hutch. The blokes a legend :p

A bit part by a second-rate celebrity in a third rate movie.

I think I just wet myself with glee over that. No really. <_<