Most used passwords in the world

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio
The american PC Magazine has made a list of the most used passwords, some of them are just stupid.

The list

1. password
2. 123456
3. qwerty
4. abc123
5. letmein
6. monkey
7. myspace1
8. password1
9. blink182
10. your first name

So is your password on the list? mine isn't.

I'm amazed no swear words managed to get on the list.

At least my password, pass123, isn't on there.

OK one system I am on requires 14 characters at least, one special character at least, one Capital character at least, and one number at least. There should be no English words in it either. Doing one of those is surprisingly quite difficult. It forces a change every 30 days too.

blink182! LOL!

OK one system I am on requires 14 characters at least, one special character at least, one Capital character at least, and one number at least. There should be no English words in it either. Doing one of those is surprisingly quite difficult. It forces a change every 30 days too.

This is the retarded approach many large businesses have to their password policy. Case in point, I worked on a project for one and they've had pretty much the same policy as stated above. While on a surface it seems to be a good thing, users get absolutely furious, frustrated, they forget their passwords so what do they do? They write them down and "store" for easy access. It took me all of 3 minutes to find current password for a user by simply glancing at what's on and around his desk.

Some of my email passwords are pretty easy to figure out, but man, Blink182 made the list. lol. Were they really that popular?

Some of them are just gay, blink182 wtf (why the fuck in this instance)? monkey again wtf?

My password at school is 15 characters long and is neigh impossible to get. In fact there was a punt on at one point on guessing it.......it failed :D

This is the retarded approach many large businesses have to their password policy. Case in point, I worked on a project for one and they've had pretty much the same policy as stated above. While on a surface it seems to be a good thing, users get absolutely furious, frustrated, they forget their passwords so what do they do? They write them down and "store" for easy access. It took me all of 3 minutes to find current password for a user by simply glancing at what's on and around his desk.
I agree, its bloody annoying every 30 days to try to get a new one that works first time. Sackable offence to write ones password down but I am sure many people do.

The four most-used passwords are: love, sex, secret, and God

http://img250.imageshack.**/img250/2329/hackers04mr7.gif

^ Hehe, was on tv 2 days ago here, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the headline.

dang, time to change all my passwords :(

jk

Dark Helmet: "12345? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard of in my life! That's the kinda thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"

President Skroob: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5? That's amazing! I have the same combination on my luggage!"

Spaceballs is awesome!:mrgreen:

Inside Joke ftw.