Brilliance BC3. Finally a Chinese car that is not an infamous knock-off and...

Kowalski

...actually it looks rather decent IMO.

brilliance-bc3-1g.jpg

The body was styled by Pininfarina.

brilliance-bc3-2g.jpg

Funky tail lights aren't they?

brilliance-bc3-4g.jpg

Red bucket seats and lots of red trim.

brilliance-bc3-3g.jpg

Brilliance's family nose.

The specs.

-Italian styled, Chinese built and designed 4-seater Coup?.

-4.48 meters long.

-Front-wheel-drive.

-1.8 4-cylinder 16V Turbo engine which develops 170 Bhp and 173 Ib-ft (235 Nm) of torque.

BC3 sounds like the name of a plane, doesn't it? Well...it doesn't really go like one.

The performance numbers are:

-0 to 62 Mph (100 Km/h): 9.7 seconds.
-Top speed: 137 Mph (216 Km/h).

Hmm...9.7 seconds is not bad. But it is rather leisurely for such sleek looking sport-coup? isn't?

-Sunroof, ABS, 4-Airbags at the front and those 18 inch alloy wheels are all standard equipment on the BC3.

-It will arrive to the European market in the Christmas.

-Expect prices of ?22.000 = ?15.000

Last edited:
Not bad, looks nice but slow and a silly name.

Looks pretty nice, minus a few cheap looking details, but those are to be expected from a cheap chinese car. Top speed and acceleration are extremely slow for a car with 170hp... My Carisma with only 100hp is only 2 sec slow to 100 and runs 30kph lower topspeed... Ah well, must be all that Italian Design that weighs it down :p

Now think the front looks like a Russian Volga taxi

The front's not too flash, but the rest is quite nice - but then I'd expect that from Pininfarina.

From the side it resembles a Hyundai coupe, from the front it looks like a Nissan Primera and I'm sure I saw those kind of stoplights on a Volvo. And the wheels scream Ferrari IMO.
And the curves in the rear remind me of the Z4

Ha! The 1.8t badge on the engine cover is a complete rip-off!! Totally VW...

(I had to find SOMETHING...)

wow, those performance figues seem really crap, considerin its a 1.8l turbo engine

What'll cost? If it is cheap enough and has dealership back up I can see this working. Looks a bit Hyundai Coup? to me.

What'll cost? If it is cheap enough and has dealership back up I can see this working. Looks a bit Hyundai Coup? to me.
15.000 pounds it says in the first post.

i see a bit of bmw, audi, madzda and mercedes, but the interior looks better than any american one. :D

at this speed the chinese will take over its market share quicker than the japanese or the koreans i think...

-Expect prices of ?22.000 = ?15.000

The big question is:

Will it have the same high quality safety equipment the Chinese are known for? :razz:

What the hell does this car weigh to be so slow with that kind of power and torque?

i see a bit of bmw, audi, madzda and mercedes, but the interior looks better than any american one.

not bashing you or anything but this type of post in general...

At this point every new car that comes out is going to have elements of some other car one way or another. I could easily find elements of a Ford v6 in an DB9, Nissan head lights in a Lamborghini, and Toyota tail lights in a Lotus...

It's one thing to mention this when it's a blatant rip-off of a car, this is another.

Last edited:
what ever u can expet fron a chinese car is to be RUBISH a pile of shit going on 4 wheels

it can't be worse than your spelling, can it?

^ :lol:

Anyways, I like this. If it was as reliable and crash-safety-worthy as say, a Honda Civic, then I would definitely consider it alongside said Civic.

I hope that the est ?15,000 isn't saying any bad about it because it don't look half bad although the front reminds me slightly of a Proton though. Gay name though.

The big question is:

Will it have the same high quality safety equipment the Chinese are known for? :razz:

What the hell does this car weigh to be so slow with that kind of power and torque?
Lol, my thoughts exactly. It must be pretty damn heavy, considering my car has thirty less horsepower from an NA 2.0L, and does 0-60 almost 2 seconds faster. The exterior does remind me of a Tiburon, but that's not bad. I don't care for that funky red in the interior though, kinda ricey imho. As for the quality, the fit and finish of it, let's wait and see how the actual production models turn out.