2007 Formula 1 Season

Yes, I agree that they meant an experienced F1 Driver, I was talking about Bourdais as being the "new" driver...

Even so, I can't see a huge team like Toyota being interested in Bourdais. Maybe if both Heiki and Fisi continue to be mediocre and suck, Flav will sack both and put in Nelson jr and Bourdais, if he signs his career away with him! The only reason I think Seabass could have a chance a Renault, is because he's french, and because Flav tried to sign him before. Otherwise all he can hope is to replace Speed or Liuzzi at STR and possibly DC at RBR. Although DC put in an excellent drive at Bahrain. If he puts on performances like that the rest of the season, he might be kept another year.

I read this article about Flavio wanted F1 to have GP2 style reverse grid. I think he somewhat does have a point. I know some of you don't like reverse grid. I also agree that the race is too long. It should be minimum 45 minutes.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58392

This is another article but by Piquet, he said Massa has the potential over Kimi and looking over the last two qualification round in Malaysia and Bahrain, he does seem to be more faster than Kimi. I starting to get conviced of Massa although he was very funny during Malaysia trying to overtake Lewis. I just wondered whether Kimi is really that fast or is not adapt to Ferrari yet?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58388

I read this article about Flavio wanted F1 to have GP2 style reverse grid. I think he somewhat does have a point. I know some of you don't like reverse grid. I also agree that the race is too long. It should be minimum 45 minutes.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58392

That wouldn't work because teams will be sandbagging during qualifying. Qualifying woln't be exciting anymore.

This is another article but by Piquet, he said Massa has the potential over Kimi and looking over the last two qualification round in Malaysia and Bahrain, he does seem to be more faster than Kimi. I starting to get conviced of Massa although he was very funny during Malaysia trying to overtake Lewis. I just wondered whether Kimi is really that fast or is not adapt to Ferrari yet?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58388

Massa is brazilian, and so is Piquet. Do you really expect Piquet to talk up Raikkonen over Massa? That will never happen. Massa is quick when he doesn't have to pass someone or if it isn't raining, as he should be because he has one of the two best cars on the grid. Last year I remember a race where it was pouring, and the bridgestone tires were crap. Michael was racing up front, while Massa was in the back racing Ralf and dodging Sato. Massa doesn't impress me, especially after him being embarassed by a rookie at Malaysia.

Massa is a great number two but he is not a good racer.

Renault looks to 2008 car
27 April 2007

Renault has already started working on its 2008 car in order to solve some of the problems it now faces with the R27. Flavio Briatore does not want the team to lose time over trying to fix the current car and he believes the project should give the team a fresh perspective
Click here

"We have already started work on next year's car," Briatore was quoted as saying by Autosprint.

"It's futile messing about with this one, that's our aim. Whatever we find out, we can eventually use it on this year's car," he added.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/04/27/renault_looks_to_2008_car/

This might add to the attraction for going to Renault for Bourdais, or maybe he'll go to Honda because Button has been very annoying lately.

With regards to Honda. They have a crap car. Yes I admit that, but look at the drivers.

Rubens is nearing the end of his career and is putting on a brave face and fighting the car and doing ok. Jenson has a long term contract and is not doing well and publicly slamming the team's car.

Contracts can be broken. I feel that Jenson should try and do what Rubens is doing and fight the car, as the drivers cant do anything to fix the problems, thats the teams job.

Jenson has been annoying lately, and if he is replaced, it wont be by Bourdais, it will be by Anthony Davidson.

Even so, I can't see a huge team like Toyota being interested in Bourdais. Maybe if both Heiki and Fisi continue to be mediocre and suck, Flav will sack both and put in Nelson jr and Bourdais, if he signs his career away with him! The only reason I think Seabass could have a chance a Renault, is because he's french, and because Flav tried to sign him before. Otherwise all he can hope is to replace Speed or Liuzzi at STR and possibly DC at RBR. Although DC put in an excellent drive at Bahrain. If he puts on performances like that the rest of the season, he might be kept another year.

You've gotten confused, I have been talking about Prodrive and Bourdais, I didn't mention Toyota and Bourdais...

But it looks like STR are very interested in signing him.

You've gotten confused, I have been talking about Prodrive and Bourdais, I didn't mention Toyota and Bourdais...

But it looks like STR are very interested in signing him.

Oh well then the Toyota comment is directed to whoever mentioned it.

Prodrive probably woln't take him either. So let's keep our fingers crossed for STR or RBR next year.

Oh well then the Toyota comment is directed to whoever mentioned it.

Prodrive probably woln't take him either. So let's keep our fingers crossed for STR or RBR next year.

That was me saying that Toyota could spring a suprise and pick up Bourdais. Was just a thought I had, based on Toyota wanting a new driver.

Actually, I think Bourdais will enter a team with a Ferrari engine i.e. Ferrari, STR or Spyker, due to the fact that his manager is Nicolas Todt.

Actually, I think Bourdais will enter a team with a Ferrari engine i.e. Ferrari, STR or Spyker, due to the fact that his manager is Nicolas Todt.

Is he really? Wow I didn't know that. That's how Massa got his seat at Ferrari, same manager. Let's see though, he definately woln't get a seat at Ferrari. Spyker may fire Albers and he could get a seat there. Spyker is one of those teams that take paying drivers though. STR it is! lol

Look at this!

http://img404.imageshack.**/img404/2001/73031hr3.jpg

Damn I was waiting for Aston *ahem*...Prodrive to do that design first. :p
slide_1.jpg

73021.jpg

de la Rosa testing the new wing. It might look crap but at least it's not as ugly as those stalks BMW had last year.

Thats bloody awesome. Well done McLaren!!

See this is why I don't like Spyker. Whilst all the other teams are testing, the team that needs to test the most because they are at the back of the grid and are only going to slip further away are focussing too much on other things!!

Spyker to open sports bar in Holland

01 May 2007

The Spyker team have signed an agreement with Dutch brewers Heineken to launch the Netherlands' first-ever Formula One-themed sports bar. As part of the deal, Heineken will also become the team?s official beer supplier for trackside events.

The exact location and opening date of the bar will not be announced until July, but the venue will carry both Spyker?s and Heineken?s branding, and encourage customers to enjoy alcohol in a responsible fashion.

?This Formula One sports bar fits with our ambitions of being the most innovative brewer,? said Herwin van den Berg, Marketing Director of Heineken Nederland. ?Furthermore, the co-operation with Spyker gives us access to the Formula One experience with millions of international fans.?
------------

Come on Spyker, start acting like an F1 team or give up your spot to someone who should be there, like Paul Stoddart again.