Ford Typhoon to the UK

Paul_The_Aussie

Car(s)
Ford Focus XR5T
Ok stole this from another site

Nizpro are currently building two brand new F6 Typhoons for export to the UK. These vehicles will be leaving in May to hit the streets and tracks of Europe with the purpose of being demonstration cars for a locally based company planning to export a small quantity of these per year.

The F6's start life as a standard base Typhoon, we then remove the engines, gearboxes, diffs, brakes, suspensions and interiors. The engines get our Stage 3 kit that includes Nizpro design pistons, connecting rods, oil pumps, main cap girdles in the short list. They are balanced blueprinted and reassembled.

Turbo wise the standard one is removed and we fit our Stage 4 turbo system which includes tuned length stainless steel extractors, external waste gate, 90mm dump pipe and separate 50mm wastegate pipe.

The engine also receives our Stage 2 Cobra plus kit with a twin 64mm exhaust system and fuel pump system. We also add a high capacity radiator and ducting.

The gearboxes and differentials are modified to allow for oil coolers, along with a clutch upgrade.

The base 4 piston front and single piston rear brakes are replaced with 6 piston AP Racing front and 4 piston rears with massive 365mm front rotors, along with braided lines.

The shocks and springs are replaced with adjustable coil overs of our own spring and damper rates, along with a wheel alignment again with our own set up is added.

The interiors are completely re-trimmed in Connelly leather including door inserts and centra consul lid.

The Ford fuel systems standard in tank pump is replaced with our newly designed CNC billet machined units comprising of a 5 litre per minute fuel pump, alloy baffle system and anti surge foam blocks. This system now allows running fuel levels at less than quarter of a tank, without fuel surge.

Performance will now exceed the best power and torque figures for any 4 door saloon in the world, with a comfortable 400 plus rear wheel kW's and still leaving plenty of room for further mods for the local tuners OS.

We believe these cars be road tested on TV programs that you may already be familiar with although it is still a little early to confirm. I will let you know as progress develops.

This project is very exciting for Nizpro and has a large implication for our future direction.

DSC_0647.jpg

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0648.jpg

how good the new mondeo may look like

i'd take one of those please

We've got one on the showroom floor at the moment, it's very nice but I still think the GT looks better and drives nicer.

Sweet. 400kW. That's one mean mother...

We've got one on the showroom floor at the moment, it's very nice but I still think the GT looks better and drives nicer.

Hmmmm, maybe you're a cruiser man. I'd much rather have the F6, just seems more raw and the engine sound. Yum.

I was reading that going like "hmph, 400hp, that's not the most powerf.......400....k....W...!?! ==> new keyboard needed due to a severe drooling accident. That is actually the second current/upcoming Ford model I would reallyveryvery much like to have, well third if you count the GT in. Otherwise it's this and the new Mustang Shelby GT500. And I probabaly would have this over the Mustang. My god what a machine.

I'm not sure now is the best time, with the next Falcon model just under a year away.

Then again, the Typhoon is a decent car, and that engine pulls very well standard.

I'd much rather have the F6, just seems more raw and the engine sound. Yum.
Yep same, and I'd have it in this wicked limey green colour as well :mrgreen:
http://img403.imageshack.**/img403/1973/pict0144hl7.jpg

And why don't they sell that in the US? Bastards...:wall:

I think we had this discussion before, I much prefer the GT over the Typhoon, I think I've had enough of Turbo POWAAAAAR for now, the V8's just sound great, I love hearing those guys in their V8's just flooring it at the traffic lights :D... and Turbo in a Falcon just doesn't sound right, its supposed to be a v8

Hmmmm, maybe you're a cruiser man. I'd much rather have the F6, just seems more raw and the engine sound. Yum.

I'm no cruiser, i love driving like my hair's on fire (rexy + Black Spur = Heaven) but the GT is somehow more rounded. The typhoon was deliberately undercooked so it didn't knock off the GT and that's not just powertrain wise, that's interior and body kit wise too. Even sitting in the GT at idle is special, the engine gently rocks the car and feels unhappy about idling and the Typhoon hasn't got a hope in hell of reproducing that magic sound the V8 makes. Shit I thought i liked Turbo Sixes, and I do, but that sound from the GT is oh so sweet.

22driveabargainM_m.jpg

See this looks so much better

Last edited:
Id love to see this reviewed up against the Vauxhall VXR8 on the next season of Top Gear :D

PS 400 KW is about 540 BHP.

I'm no cruiser, i love driving like my hair's on fire (rexy + Black Spur = Heaven) but the GT is somehow more rounded. The typhoon was deliberately undercooked so it didn't knock off the GT and that's not just powertrain wise, that's interior and body kit wise too. Even sitting in the GT at idle is special, the engine gently rocks the car and feels unhappy about idling and the Typhoon hasn't got a hope in hell of reproducing that magic sound the V8 makes. Shit I thought i liked Turbo Sixes, and I do, but that sound from the GT is oh so sweet.

22driveabargainM_m.jpg

See this looks so much better

The GT was spotted at the Nurburgring so maybe Ford are planning on selling that model in Europe aswell.

eurofpv5.jpg

eurofpv2.jpg

eurofpv.jpg

Ford really needs to copy GM and start sending us these damn cars. They'd make a great replacement for the Crown Vic (cop cars).

Ford really needs to copy GM and start sending us these damn cars. They'd make a great replacement for the Crown Vic (cop cars).

I had been thinking about why Ford doesn't export the Falcon here, since GM has been sending the Commodore & Statesman over since '97, and I think it's because the Crown Vic (which is also very popular) is already quite profitable for them, since it's so cheap to make. :(

Last edited:
I had been thinking about why Ford doesn't export the Falcon here, since GM has been sending the Commodore & Statesman over since '97, and I think it's because the Crown Vic (which is also very popular) is already quite profitable for them, since it's so cheap to make. :(

I think the reason is to do with converting it to left hand drive