[11x01] April 30th, 2007

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
Discuss!

No torrent talk, or you get a 1 week ban.

Alot better - solid car stuff, Vicki's review was great but Tiff the Man!

I am not sure about doing 200 on a public road to be honest (even in Germany with a racing driver) but man that car looked the biz, still I preferred the R8.

Any way I've set for series record on my Virgin+ box. To sum up back to form after the last series abberration.

That sounds really fantastic. Do they return to the office, or do they still film at the gay cafe?

Unfortunately the Caf?, but it was more in the 'background' and it was Tom and Vicki doing the links. They offered a Scooby WRC STI as the car prize - nice. Oh Tom was good as a Paparatzi. ... er Celib photographer in a Kia Ceed, oooh ... Guest appearance by Madonna's hands. ...

That sounds really fantastic. Do they return to the office, or do they still film at the gay cafe?

Back at the "gay cafe", but without lovecock...

Personally I actually enjoyed this ep., Tom in the cafe is infinitely better than lovejoy, but they will have to be careful that they don't slip into cheezyness later in the series.

The reviews were great, I enjoyed all the spots, they seem to have a good idea of each presenters strengths and use them well.

Just to let the producers know (in case they are reading), thank god Lovejoy has gone, It has been the best decision you have made for ages...

o great, so i don't have to take extra anti-depressants then, do i?

Alot better - solid car stuff, Vicki's review was great but Tiff the Man!

I am not sure about doing 200 on a public road to be honest (even in Germany with a racing driver) but man that car looked the biz, still I preferred the R8.

Any way I've set for series record on my Virgin+ box. To sum up back to form after the last series abberration.

If you get up early and pick the right road 200 mph are easy to reach in a car like the rocket...

Jan :)

is it just me or did tiff not touch a single cone?

or have I been fooled by the camera cuts?

I want an R8 so much now..... NOW!

^^ I know it can be done I was wondering if it should be done. Too many variables - blown tyre for instance with other road users about. ...
^ I think you are correct - I noticed that too - as I said Tiff the Man.

I enjoyed this episode. 8 out of 10.

No Lovecock. :banana:

Spikey haired guy has got rid of his .... errr ..... spikey hair. He seems less annoying now.

Audi R8 :jawdrop: Tiff was a driving demon on the track.

Plato's Brabus segment - It seemed to me they were trying to copy the James May/Veyron film.

Welcome back Fifth Gear.

8/10 marked improvement even the crash test was good and not over hyped

tiff OMG he?s so smooth much respect to him.

Tom and Vicky comb goes down way better in the caf?

Vicky?s review was much more solid

I'm glad 5th gear has left the micky mouse crap behind and for some strange reason i felt like i got more of a car hit than with topgear......

am i allowed to say "hurry up" ? the suspense is killing me, and yes i know how to search other sites,

maybe i should just forget it and come back tomorrow, i have other things to do, i just get lazy whenever a TV show is on!

This may be a wierd question but why are we not allowed to discuss torrents in this topic? Please don't ban me :S

WHY!!! it sounds so good for a change, and i haven't seen a car been given the beans by really anybody in a good long while

mmmm with the exception of "Death proof" that was pretty good :), that movie made me wan't a growly exhaust more then ever

^^ I know it can be done I was wondering if it should be done. Too many variables - blown tyre for instance with other road users about. ...
^ I think you are correct - I noticed that too - as I said Tiff the Man.

Yes of course there is a risk because of other people bumming around on the autobahn. But normally if you are on an unrestricted bit of road people are driving at least 100 mph - so you're only doing double the speed ;) And instead of drivers from other countries Germans are used of cars appearing in their mirror doing 150+ mph, at least most of them.
Concerning the tyres and other stuff that can go wrong - thats the risk you always have to take. Normally the tyres should take it without a problem. Every year a tyre manufacturer ( I think it was Continental last time) invites the German tuner elite to Nardo, where they reach speeds up to 240 mph - so the material is perfectly tested for those speeds.

Jan :)

i thought this ep was great, really good to have the old FG magic back. more reviews giving us useful information and less pissing about. that Brabus was a monster, but didn't they have that on TG a couple of months ago? panda Vs 360 was good, and seeing the R8 go round the track without touching any cones was brilliant. looks like some shots were revesed though to make him look good.

8/10 from me :)

solid program, but IMHO...bring back jon bentley for the crash tests. i like jon, hes very good in the gadget show along with that bald geezer who can break dance. how cool is that.

Tiff in the R8 power sliding it in the narrow track set out by audi :woot:(obviously to stop journos going mad fast, lol they didnt count on tiff obviously)

It was interesting in parts, but the show doesnt seem to be organised, and doesnt have a solid topic throughout. The Audi R8 part was very good, would've been better if it was longer though.

So, I guess it was alright.