Qualification: 15 minutes
2 Races x 35 Laps
Time: 18:00 GMT
Server: [FG] Racing
Password: fg

WRs:
RB4 0:51.31
XRT 0:51.22

This should be a very interesting race, quite tight track, hard to overtake, both cars drive practically identical times, hopefully we'll have a nice mixed field. :)

I hope I can make it, there is a chance I might go to Hungary for a few days, my dad's b-day is on friday.

RB4+XRT.png

Like I stated earlier, unless someone trades the shift with me, I won't be able to make it.

Stupid pit entry :wall:

Those walls are hard when you crash into them :(

This combo wasn't that much fun as I hoped it would be. Mostly because of the setup and cooking front right tire after lap 20.

1st race was ok, very good battle with FF, but I lost it mid race at last corner exit hit the wall, got damaged, my tires were smoking, and FF overtook me, couldn't close the 1-1.5s gap after that.

2nd race was worse, not according to plan. After the field settled down I knew I couldn't win if I keep standing infront of FF, because my tires would cook again. At some point he overtook me, so I slowed down my pace to keep my tires cool, and be ready for attack in the last laps. FF wasn't running very fast times so I was constantly behind him. At some point he lost is in 1st corner, so I had to pass, he caught up again, and I wasn't in a hurry to get away. So he passed me again after some minor mistake, and then I was keeping it nice and steady with tires well below 90, compared to 100+ in 1st race. I was planning to attack in the last 6-7laps, so that after I overtake him I can push again and tires would heat up only at finish. However, when I hit the chicane exit my plan was ruined. I think I could have worked out because I was able to run low 52s with those tires, and I was always very close in 1st corner entry, always gained there the most on FF because he was always bad under braking there.

Well overall it was ok I suppose, some nice battles, but shame that the tires (front right only) handicapped both races so much. :)

This was a good weekend for me.

At first I was worried that I was that much slower in practice and qualifying than pdanev and firefox.
After a good start in the 1st race I was able to slowly gain on pdanev and firefox, however they both found some speed again when I got close.

In the second race, due to a spin on the 1st corner and a small pile up in the chicane, I was able to get a 5-6 second lead over pdanev and firefox.
At first I didn't think that was going to be enough, but I was able to set good lap times because I didn't take a full fuel load.
After the pit (luckily without damage), I was 3-4 seconds ahead, and that lead was only shrinking slightly.
Towards the end though I was slow to pass mgkdk, and I lost about a second, which was enough for firefox to get alongside me going in to the chicane in the last lap.
I was just about to slam on the brakes heavily to let firefox go by when I saw that he was backing off.
I didn't think I was going to win any races this year.

http://espnsti.iridiumonline.info/LFS/Stats/2007S2/2007-04-28_14.59.05_results_race.html
http://espnsti.iridiumonline.info/LFS/Stats/2007S2/2007-04-28_15.14.37_results_race.html

bit of a late post from me, but i didn't really want to talk about it until now

pretty crap races for me. just got ready in time for qualifying, so no time for practice. was slow in Q to start with, but slowly built up a decent time that put me 1 car from the back of the grid. first race was OK until i looked at the tyre temps. without practice i didn't know how quickly the right front tyre gets hot, and it was soon well over 100 degrees. i pitted at around lap 20, and that set of tyres lasted me to the end of the race. happy with my position there.

tryed to get the same on the second race, but tweaks to the setup between races caused the rear right to heat up even quicker, and by lap 7 the tyre was turning red. i couldn't face having to pit every 7 laps (even though i had a comfortable 5th position)so i pitted and reset my setup to it's original config. obviously i had no chance of gaining a place on mgkdk so i took it easy. eventually got bored and tried to shred the right front. this caused me to crash lots. tyre burst just as Firefox crossed the finish line.

maybe RHD is a disadvantage...?

Although I didn't have much fighting with anyone (I was chasing ESPNSTI at one point, it was exciting but pointless :)), I kinda enjoyed the combo. I rarely like SO races, but this track matches well with rb4 I think.

obviously i had no chance of gaining a place on mgkdk so i took it easy.

I think you could have cought me, I was atleast a lap slower every 5 laps the others made, but that's a little late to say now :)

Didnt had time to write a propper race report.

1st race. Had a good battle with pdanev for 20 laps orso. On the straights i checked his tire temperatures. And i found out that he was more aggressive on the tires than me. So my plan was just to wait while keeping the pressure full on. He was running wide in T1 a few times, so on lap 18 I thought it was time to take the lead :)
Pdanev could keep up untill he ran wide in the last corner and hit the wall a bit. Meanwhile Epsn was getting closer and closer.
Towards the end to the race I thought that Pdanev would have a fight with Epsn.
I tried to keep my temperature of my tires cool, not pushing as hard. I didnt watched my times then, i just watched the gap between me and pdanev. hehe
In the last 8 laps of the race pdanev was closing the gap again. So I checked again his tire temps. Hotter than mine, so no worries for me :)
In lap 32 I misjudged my speed while overtaking mgkdk and nudged the wall in T1. Pdanev could close the gap to a few tenth again. I won the sprint race :)

2nd race
I had a really good start. Then in T1 I got a slightly touch from pdanev which made me do a quick 90 degrees turn :D Lucky nobody crashed into me. So from then it was maximum attack.
Unfortuanlly pdanev and geeman touched each other in the chicane. Espn had a 6 seconds lead by then. So together with pdanev i tried to close the gap with Epsn.
while pushing like mad to close the gap, I fried my tires a bit. It seems the rolls where turned :) Pdanev his tires where reasonable cool :(
When we where close enough to Epsn i decided to pit :) I had a little plan in my head. I thought while i'm pitting my tires temperatures will cool down a bit. And going to try to set a few fast laps while Pdanev will be stuck behind Epsn.
2 laps later Pdanev pitted. And when he came out of the pit he was still 2nd. I could sneak behind him and take 2nd place in T1 :D

Pdanev and me had a little fight for 2nd place. :) Then the old routine of closing the gap to Espn was full on. :D
Unfortually the chicane moved a few inches and hit pdanev :p He spun and lost quick some time :(
The gap to Epsn was now just a few tenth in the last lap. I knew I had to make my move in T1. Because Epsn was faster in sector 2 till the finish.
We where door to door when approached the chicane and only 1 car could get through...
I just checked the replay and we braked at the same time, Only I pressed the brake harder :p
Espn won the race with 3 tenth, me 2nd and pdanev 3rd.

whoaa what a post :p
Like mxm said this combo was really good.

Scawen: Patch X release should be around Friday 11 May or a week later on Friday 18 May.

Last edited:
any news on the next race?