Germans Claim "Fattest Europeans" Title

This topic looks like a Texan distracting us from the problems in his state.

Oh, really? You are wrong, but pray tell what problems you see with Texas.

Really? Let's see now.

According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, (http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/phn/data.shtm), 64% of Texans are overweight or obese. That is *better* than the US national stats and the German stats. And it may even be better than the UK stats.

Thats still nothing to be proud of! :p Ideally you'd want figures under 50%, although with our ever increasing complacent lifestyles, I guess thats a tall order.

That's great! It just means that German food is excellent! (which it truely is)

Aye, but fat people in Italy are mostly older people.

On the other hand, Germans have an unhealthy number of young
people who are extremely overweight.
I'm not so sure. I'm 17, and I'm big. I have to lose some kilos, about four, but I have a big, big body. However, in my school, but most of all in the streets, you can see lots of obese kids and youngs. I mean, that's not the apocalyptic situation they have in the US, but it's a problem for us, too. But the point is, in the last years people's behavior with the obeses is radically changed. Maybe it's my opinion, but I think people look at them as something bad, people that should not be. A sort of racism, to me. When one has got some kilos and a wide :)mrgreen:) belly, that's not a problem. But when one is obese, that's a disease. A disease made by himself? Not always.

What a suprise. I'd never guess. Go on holiday in southern europe, listen for german and observe.

A new record! It took 9 (yes, nine, people!) posts until America was mentioned. Welcome to FinalGear! :lol:

Funny high pitched german ...... fat guy........hm.........

[youtube]34RoSz_fb4A[/youtube]

PETER LUDOLF!

I've been to Texas a number of times, and people here are nowhere near as fat as there.
Dont worry, nobody will ever come close to your monumental fatness.

I've been to Texas a number of times, and people here are nowhere near as fat as there.
Dont worry, nobody will ever come close to your monumental fatness.
Well, golly. At least Americans have the good sense to make fun of themselves.

I do remember 15 years ago when I was in Germany that normal breakfast was not very healthy. It was something like marmalade and white bread and so on.

I do remember 15 years ago when I was in Germany that normal breakfast was not very healthy. It was something like marmalade and white bread and so on.

Much more healthy than a Full English Breakfast.
A typical one will have easily 1000 calories but they are just heaven to eat.

breakfast.jpg

Last edited:
I call BS on those numbers. Fatter than the US? A snowballs chance in hell.