Jeremy speaks of us?

I'm glad that topgear realises that they are on the cross road. Its either fiction show with cars used as scenery or meaningful informative often exciting program like Japanese Best Motoring.

I think that TG was intended as entertainment for the car enthusiast. Every show has its audience, and very few have all the audience; in fact I can think of only one that achieves that- the Sims. Therefore, I think the show should go back to the way it was in series 2,3,4,5,6,7 and keep focus on the car enthusiast, not some losers with no life for whom the only entertainment is TV.

Just got my may TG mag, and found this in clarksons article:

Do we go back to the old days, driving round corners in saloon cars, to the accompaniment of Bad Company and "Hit Mobiness"? Or do we keep on annoying the internet dweebs from Norway and North Carolina by continuing to cock about?

I felt kinda "pointed at" there.. :p

^ Hahaha, nice one, atleast he knows the different feelings among the people.

^ Hahaha, nice one, atleast he knows the different feelings among the people.

The "TG fan community" in Norway isnt very big I think, so he must have gotten it from somewhere.. :blink:

..unless he just made those countries/places up ofc..:|

I just sent an e-mail to letters.tgmag@bbc.co.uk (I don't know Jeremy's actual address:) and here is the short message I wrote, just thought I'll share it with you:
Hi Jeremy,
I'm a big fan of Top Gear but your article kind of offended me. Just because I don't live in Britain doesn't mean I'm less person than you are. I think your article about the next Top Gear programme is nonsense. You say it should have an entertainment element and that's fine, but what exactly is entertaining about tracktors? And let me remind you that Top Gear IS a car programme(at least that's what it was till now) and not a 'fun show for the whole family'. We (the normal male car-maniac viewers) want to see cars that we cannot buy normally, we want to see challenges of the Italian supercar under 10k type. Films that incorporate fast cars and some elements of humor.
I realize the past few seasons costed a lot more than the previous ones,but I don't understand your complaint about 'we don't have enough time'. A couple of years ago, there was Top Gear every 4 or 5 months and the quallity of the programmes was pretty much the same as now.
I loved the last series of Top Gear but I think you went too far with the tracktors and the space shuttle. As fun as they may have been, they were not proper Top Gear material. Oh, and yes, I am one of the Internet geeks, but it's not my fault that the best CAR show in the world is only showed in Britain.
Best Regards and keep up the great show

^ Frankly, if you tell him that he's offended you, then he's probably just going to ignore you. ;)

^ Frankly, if you tell him that he's offended you, then he's probably just going to ignore you. ;)

...or laugh at you. :lol:

no, he is going to release your email adress in the show and humiliate you ;)

To be honest when I read the article I was felt a little insulted as well.

Long story short it made me feel that he was saying he didn't really care about what we, the hardcore fans, felt regarding the show because all the crazy challanges etc. has given them a bigger audience and thus more money and in the end that is all that matters.