Er ... Hamster, are you sure?

TurnerGTX

TOP Gear star Richard Hammond shows off his new 175mph superbike ? just months after his high-speed horror crash.

The Hamster, 37, who nearly died in the 288mph accident, collected the ?11,000 Ducati 1098 direct from the manufacturer?s HQ in Italy.

The daredevil presenter took the bike for a spin near his Gloucestershire home and said: ?This is a toy I am going to enjoy a lot.

?You don?t know whether to pet it, caress it or leap on and cane it round the lanes.?

Hammond slipped into a coma after his jet-powered dragster crashed during a Top Gear stunt last September. He later made an amazing recovery and returned to the BBC2 show in January.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002410000-2007200648,00.html

YAY HAMMOND!!

I think Richard has just broken one of the most important Top Gear rules: he tried to put the bike that he was going to own to the Cool section on the Cool Wall.

or teeth whitening

Best way is to get straight back on the horse.....

I don't understand the press - why do they keep mentioning the unmentionable?

He himself has said he doesn't want to keep talking about it.

I was run over about 5 years ago (only minor thank god), but for about a year I had really bad flash backs. I should imagine he will be going through the same but worse consider the accident he had.

PRESS if you are listerning, leave the crash alone and let him get on with his life, and let him enjoy it, because you never know what is going to happen around the next corner.

I don't understand the press - why do they keep mentioning the unmentionable?

He himself has said he doesn't want to keep talking about it.

I was run over about 5 years ago (only minor thank god), but for about a year I had really bad flash backs. I should imagine he will be going through the same but worse consider the accident he had.

PRESS if you are listerning, leave the crash alone and let him get on with his life, and let him enjoy it, because you never know what is going to happen around the next corner.

The press love disaster, because they know that its what people want to read in the mornings alongside their cornflakes. I'm sure they'd be delighted if, around the corner, a 747 fell out of the sky. People love disasters, and its human nature to be curious. I work as a firefighter and have attended many road accident scenes, and its always amusing to see that pretty well every car that drives past, the occupants inside are just about hanging out their windows staring at the mess.

I think Hammond is just going to have to accept that he'll always be associated with the accident whenever mentioned in the press.

Cool bike though!

Last edited:
Just because it's a 175mph superbike doesn't mean he's always going to ride it at 175mph. Way to blow this completely out of proportion, Sun.

Freaking sweet Ducati, though. Hammond, you're my hero. :dance:

Just because it's a 175mph superbike doesn't mean he's always going to ride it at 175mph. Way to blow this completely out of proportion, Sun.

Freaking sweet Ducati, though. Hammond, you're my hero. :dance:

In fact, I admire him even more for having a great taste in motorcycles and not letting an accident stop him having fun.

So he's bought a new motorbike to go with the new helmet :D

Ahh, that is a sweet bike. So much better looking than the 999 in my opinion. A lot cheaper too. Good choice Hammond!

Nice bike, hope he enjoys it!!!