What are your "Realistic Top 5 Things To Do In A Car"?

I didn't say it was the most breathtaking drives, just one of. And I hope to make LeMons this year.

1. Run a stage rally
2. Drive from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas, Baja California
3. Go over 170mph in a car I built myself
4. Destroy a rental
5. Pull a PIT manuever on some deserving asshole :D

1. nurburgring nordschleife.
2. nurburgring nordschleife.
3. nurburgring nordschleife.
4. nurburgring nordschleife.
5. nurburgring nordschleife.

1. Tail of the Dragon
2. in a car i built
3. Compete in a stage rally
4. in a car i built
5. Fort Kent, Maine to Key West, Florida on US Highway 1 no stopping (obviously with a co-driver)

us 1 is such an awesome highway. not stopping at any one of the several interesting sites along the way would be pretty difficult to do, and i imagine driving 2,000+ miles non-stop would be quite a difficult task in it's own right.

I didn't say it was the most breathtaking drives, just one of. And I hope to make LeMons this year.

You ever Drive Highway 94 west/south? Head down it past 47, it's actually a bit of a nice drive, the section between Highway U and B is a place you'll wish you weren't driving a Buick though :D

There are a couple of roads that snake off of 94 that kick ass both in the scenery and driving pleasure departments. Eventually I'll hit up the Ozarks and more of southern Missouri, last time I went out passed Rolla I noticed quite a few roads that looked to be fun drives.

1. Run a stage rally
2. Drive from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas, Baja California
3. Go over 170mph in a car I built myself

#2 wouldn't happen to be a reference to a certain desert race involving trucks would it :thumbup:

I'm with you on #3, though my goal is a bit more lofty... I want 201mph.

Last edited:
1. powerslide an old Aston Martin Vantage
2. lap the Nurburgring
3. cruise around Sunset Boulevard in an Aston Martin DB9 Volante
4. go 250 MPH in a Bugatti Veyron
5. unexpectedly stomp on the brakes in front of a tailgater

You ever Drive Highway 94 west/south? Head down it past 47, it's actually a bit of a nice drive, the section between Highway U and B is a place you'll wish you weren't driving a Buick though :D

I can't say that I have. I try not to drive into MO (I live in IL but say St Louis so people have an idea where I am) unless I really really have to. I'd rather chew broken glass while listening to EMO and getting my short hairs yanked out. I hate the traffic that much.

I have driven north west on this side of the river though. Follow the Great Rivers RD for a couple hours and you will see some nice stuff. You will also see a lot of burnt out run down crap. A ways past Elsah, don't know how far off hand, there is this killer fish stand right on the river bank. They have the best cat fish I've ever had in my life. It's a long way just for fish so I've only been a few times, but oh my god...

And I'd be willing to drive my Buick through anything, plus I have the sun/moonroof incase I want a taste of having a convertable :)

I can't say that I have. I try not to drive into MO (I live in IL but say St Louis so people have an idea where I am) unless I really really have to. I'd rather chew broken glass while listening to EMO and getting my short hairs yanked out. I hate the traffic that much.

Traffic, in St. Louis is nothing, wait till you try to do #1 on your list, then you'll know what it traffic is :lol:

I just hate the drivers in St. Louis, they can't drive in any kind of weather, and for some reason a traffic jam will develop out of nothing, and all of a sudden disperse.

I know the feeling of driving far for food though, we hate "st. louis style" pizza so when we get pizza we drive to Springfield (120miles) to get God Fathers.

#2 wouldn't happen to be a reference to a certain desert race involving trucks would it :thumbup:
That is correct sir :D . Although I hear the highway down the peninsula is a pretty nasty drive itself. Running in the Baja race itself probably isn't too realistic for me, but I'd like to at least see how fast I can get to Cabo on the road.
I'm with you on #3, though my goal is a bit more lofty... I want 201mph.
201 is a nice round number. I should amend mine though, that will probably be 170 in something with a 4 speed in it :? as i'm looking for another 2nd gen F-Body now.

It's also unusually deadly.

how come ?

me
1. Nurburgring
2. Many long roadtrips to beautiful places with my gf
3. Race
4. have a z4 and lots of tyres so I could drift a lot
5. have a 4wd car so I could drive it in the wet and snow

Last edited:
Traffic, in St. Louis is nothing, wait till you try to do #1 on your list, then you'll know what it traffic is :lol:

I just hate the drivers in St. Louis, they can't drive in any kind of weather, and for some reason a traffic jam will develop out of nothing, and all of a sudden disperse.

I know the feeling of driving far for food though, we hate "st. louis style" pizza so when we get pizza we drive to Springfield (120miles) to get God Fathers.

St Louis drivers are real assholes, they think nothing is wrong with going 80 through a 50, tailgating, flashing brights, and just all around breaking the law as they see fit. I think they are worse on this side of the river because they think none of us know how to drive and need to be taught.

"Yes I will drive all the way to the end of the lane that is blocked off and then force my way into the other side because I'm an important person and have things to do"

"The shoulder is my personal space to use when I don't want to wait behind a line of cars, side view mirrors and anyone else wanting to make a right turn be damned"

"If I ride their ass long enough and use the high beams they need to understand that this is my road and they need to move so I can speed past and do it to the next guy"

"Why would I need a blinker? They will see me moving and honking my horn and will get the idea that I'm changing lanes"

"Well there are power lines down all over, broken limbs block most of the road, along with several inches of ice over everything, screw the person infront of me going 10, I'll pass them while giving the finger to show it's ok to still do 45 uphill in weather like this"

Hate St Louis style pizza eh? I hope you're not talking about IMOS, their stuff is like a wet dream on a crust.

Mine would be

1. Pull prank on sleeping friend. On a long trip pull into a truck stop/gas sation/wendy's whatever. Park right infront of a tree or pole or something, put the car in N and rev the engine real high and scream at the top of your lungs. (Classic)
2. Slam on the brakes when someone is tailgating. (It will be his fault in America. Claim an animal ran across the road.)
3. Reach terminal velocity
4. Drive "The Dragon."
5. Out anti-car politicians, lawyers etc. (and just for fun, why not Jack Thompson, as well)

Hate St Louis style pizza eh? I hope you're not talking about IMOS, their stuff is like a wet dream on a crust.

You have an entirely different view of STL drivers than I do. Granted I stay out of the place as much as possible. I mostly go no further than parts of North county. The drivers I'm used to always have to be in front of you, and while they don't use their brights or honk, they are CONSTANTLY on my ass, then when I move over, they just sit in my blind spot. Nothing pisses me off more than someone sitting in my blind spot. Then of course no one checks their mirrors, they stick to the left lane, and oh do these people just LOVE to sit side by side on the freeway, making it impossible to pass (unless you want to use the shoulder method, which I won't.)

I have seen some shoulder driving, when I made the mistake of heading to a car show on St. Patrick's day...that was a BIG mistake.

Gotta mention what I saw the other day, a line of cars waiting to make a left turn, light goes green, the lead car sits there, cars behind start honking (just once), he gives the guy the finger, honks again, he starts to get out and then the other driver points at the light and yells "GO!" and he gets back in his car and drives off. People these days seem like they couldn't be bothered to actually drive when behind the wheel.

I have yet to eat at IMO's, and I refuse to try it. My brother dislikes it very much, and if he don't like it, no way in hell I will. I much prefer a thick pizza. I would say Chicago style, but the ones I've had haven't really done it for me, so I'll say a California style (if one exists). Basically thick crust, with lots of toppings full of flavor. My personal favorite is a thick(ish) crust pizza, topped with any form of pork, and pepperoni from First Class Pizza back home. So far the best I've found in this area is probably Godfathers pizza but that damn place is 120 mile drive for me.

On a side note: I never really understood the "california: it's the cheese" commercials, but honestly, this area has the shittiest cheese I've ever eaten in my life I never realized we were so spoiled when it came to decent cheese.

... a very thin crust, covered in fake cheese. :p

Ship me a decent pizza damn it!

2. Slam on the brakes when someone is tailgating. (It will be his fault in America. Claim an animal ran across the road.)

Whats with everyone wanting to do this? If someone is tailgating you, get the hell out of their way... unless your already in the slow lane.

4. Drive "The Dragon."
And this? This damn place has been so hyped up, I know if I ever go I'll be horribly disappointed. Every video of it I've seen is just nothing but a zig-zag road for 13 or so miles. I like a little variety in my driving.

Gotta mention what I saw the other day, a line of cars waiting to make a left turn, light goes green, the lead car sits there, cars behind start honking (just once), he gives the guy the finger, honks again, he starts to get out and then the other driver points at the light and yells "GO!" and he gets back in his car and drives off. People these days seem like they couldn't be bothered to actually drive when behind the wheel.

That makes me think of something that happened about a year ago. I was driving along as normal past a couple subdivisions (on my right) and someone in the other lane wanted to turn in. Nothing strange about that, till what happened next.

Before I pass him I notice the car behind him doesn't want to wait so he goes around him on the shoulder. The guy who wants to turn sees this, jerks his head over with a real pissed off look on his face, picks up what looked like a huge cup of water, and throws it through the passenger side window at the SUV passing him. Or rather that was the intention. It looked for all the world like he forgot to put said window down and covered himself and the inside of his car with the liquid.

This all happened in a matter of seconds so I didn't have time to get a good look, but oh man I was nearly pissing myself with laughter.

1 - Tour Europe
2 - Drive Route 66
3 - Drive the whole of Highway 1 in California
4 - Save a life (Search and Rescue in an offroader or transporting someone to hospital very fast)
5 - Sex

1 - Tour Europe
2 - Drive Route 66
3 - Drive the whole of Highway 1 in California
4 - Save a life (Search and Rescue in an offroader or transporting someone to hospital very fast)
5 - Sex

Thats actually one of the better lists on here. #4 sounds both admirable and just plain* cool.

Does driving most of I40 that runs a long side of route 66 count :p

*Edit: fixed retarded spelling.

Last edited: