Pickup Trucks

Mopar Man

<a href="http://forums.finalgear.com/general-autom
Car(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega-Cab
I'm new to this forum, been a long time reader, first time thread starter.

Just curious whether any of you are like me and live out in the country and own a glorious pickup truck which they cherish like no other.

I've got a 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab Dually. Mine is the same one as this, except without the hat. I've been trying to get hold of Chrysler but they keep insisting they don't have that hat as an accessory, I don't believe them, they're holding out on me.

http://img489.imageshack.**/img489/1161/beautybe3.jpg

Believe me I agree with you, navigating that behemoth through the streets of downtown Toronto is no easy task, but after doing it for years it has honed my skills to near perfection!

But, I'm definatly going to be buying that new 2008 Dodge Challenger when it comes out and we'll see how much different it is. lol.

I'm in the market for one to replace my van, but a small one. Just need it to tow my race car and run to Home Depot. I'm considering a Colorado (cheap used) or a Tacoma (not cheap used, but can buy for invoice new)

:welcome:

And this should have gone in the "General Automotive" section. I made the same mistake.

I have never had much use for a pickup, although I always have a use for a friend with a pickup. ;) I am more of a luxury/performance car and offroad SUV guy.

You want luxury, get a Lincoln Mark LT brother!

don't get many big utes in Austrlia. when you see one its taking up 2 lanes., here is the most common pickup in Australia.

holden-ss-ute-thunder-766875.jpg

sgrekh.jpg

That hat is seriously awesome.

I definitely could use a truck. Just not something that big, though. See this for details.

I think everybody in America should have a buddy who has a truck. They're occasionally incredibly useful, but not many people will need them every day, so their friends and/or neighbors should be willing to help out. C'mon, be nice. :p

Those utes definitely kick ass: how much can they tow? If I got a truck most of the time I wouldn't use it for its hill-humping capacity, I'd just need it to haul stuff around town and tow more stuff. So why GM isn't bringing that over, I dunno. :?

That hat kicks ass! Reminds me of Burt Reynolds on SNL Celebrity Jeopardy :lol:

I love Texas.

http://img489.imageshack.**/img489/1161/beautybe3.jpg

It would appear that if you own a pickup truck, then you are gay. (look at them!!)

hah, nice..

i wouldn't generally have anything against trucks except here about 70% of vehicles are big ass trucks and SUVs, and everyone uses them as daily drivers which makes driving, parking, and gas prices (ugh!) a bitch around here. it's EXTREMELY rare to see someone actually use a truck for what they're meant for. maybe 1 in 15 here has stuff in the bed and 1 in 40 is actually towing something. i can't count how many small women almost hit me cuz they couldnt see out of them. so thats why i hate the ones around here, it's ridiculous.

on the good side, they are quite useful for towing, carrying, and hauling around generally oversized things.

i recently got an '87 Mazda B2000 long bed (can haul the boat and fit the jet ski in the bed). it ran fine and cost $600 :clap:

Last edited:
While I will never need a one-ton dually for anything lol, I've owned some lighter trucks. Bought this '81 Chevy C10 when I worked construction. It still ran great with 250k miles on it when it got t-boned by a Saturn.
81C10.jpg

This is my brothers S10 (primered black now), it's to low to really haul anything, but it's got a 350 swapped in, so it moves itself pretty good. We are looking for narrower wheels now, it's got too much traction :lol: .
S10side007.jpg

We also had a Mazda B2200, but I threw a rod in it. My dad's got a newer Dakota, but he's looking for something else, he hates Dodge lol.

The only thing that is more ridiculous than that hat is what is under it.

I have never had much use for a pickup, although I always have a use for a friend with a pickup. ;)

so true :lol:

although we favor vans (transit and the like). packs even more ;)