Lutz says Chinese Park Avenue might come to US

Punisher Bass

He who drives a Buick
Car(s)
98 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
The dealers association I heard were quite happy after finally getting rid of the problem of people coming into show rooms and wanting to buy cars...Aren't they fighting GM about it?

Edit: Just read the article. Dealer Association = morons.

Last edited:
why the hell would they bring the chinese based version? Surely it would make more sense to bring the plain old australian version because it would already be designed for similar tastes.

statesman_01.jpg

Because the Chinese one is already designed as a Buick... I guess.

Here's something that caught my eye:
Apparently about four-years back, the current front-wheel-drive Lucerne and what would become the "Holden Park Avenue" were shown to dealers in the U.S The dealers insisted they didn't need both sedans in the showroom, and the FWD Lucerne got the nod.

God damn Buick dealers are idiots. The only saving grace I can see is if the Holden they were shown was the previous generation, and it wasn't much better from a quality stand point. I know nothing of those cars so an aussie would have to fill that one in for me.

Last edited:
it wasn't anything special but it worked well

The chinese one has a different interior designed for the chinese market, the statesmen and caprice are already for sale in the middle east as various GM brands

If I hear anything on the model comming to the US, I'll shout out. But right now it's not looking good as the Lucerne is not very old yet. Maybe in a few years, which in my opinion, is 4 years too late anyway.

It'll just end up as a rebadged Caddie or Pontiac or Chevrolet or w/e. I have a sneaking suspicion that the 08 Impala, Park Avenue, G8, and DTS are all going to look the same..... Lets hope that I'm wrong.

On the one hand, the Commodore is already coming as a G8, so it wouldn't be hard to tack on a new grille and pass it off as a Buick to unsuspecting goons. GM already did that with their 8,000 crappy minivans (Pontiac Montana and Buick Teraza) as well as the Aztek and Rendezvous, so it wouldn't be that far of a stretch.

On the other...Buick dealers are idiots, but they're influential and numerous idiots. So if they don't want this, then GM will bow down to them and ignore the people that would give them money instead. And let's face it, anything can go wrong for them at this rate...

I hope it comes here anyway. The Chinese version has a hell of a nice interior, and nobody needs to know it came from the Commies.

It'll just end up as a rebadged Caddie or Pontiac or Chevrolet or w/e. I have a sneaking suspicion that the 08 Impala, Park Avenue, G8, and DTS are all going to look the same..... Lets hope that I'm wrong.

Cadillac is sticking with their own chassis. Buick and Pontiac have been sharing platforms for ages now, so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a Commodore based Buick if they don't bring out the Caprice based one (which is longer wider and taller than the Commodore).

why the hell would they bring the chinese based version? Surely it would make more sense to bring the plain old australian version because it would already be designed for similar tastes.

statesman_01.jpg

that's hot!!!! :woot:

c'mon opel, plz replace the vectra/omega/signum with a holden!

This decision does not make any sense from a business point of view.
Buick does not need RWD cars.

This decision does not make any sense from a business point of view.
Buick does not need RWD cars.

It's not about RWD, it's about having a car that is even mildly appealing. The new Caprice is, while the current Buick line-up is rather...old and depressing.

I just hope it doesn't look exactly the same as the Pontiac G8. Then again maybe making it look like a Buick might not be such a good thing.....

I just hope it doesn't look exactly the same as the Pontiac G8. Then again maybe making it look like a Buick might not be such a good thing.....

Well, the G8 has the Pontiac nose so that would have to go.

Pontiac likes to put lots of holes and slats in their cars, Buick is a little more boring with their styling. Kind of an insult considering who started/invented the styling department.

I guess just to be a smart ass, when the G8 comes out I could go to my local Buick/Pontiac/GMC dealer and say "yes this is nice, but does it come in a Buick?" and see what they say.

On the one hand, the Commodore is already coming as a G8, so it wouldn't be hard to tack on a new grille and pass it off as a Buick to unsuspecting goons. GM already did that with their 8,000 crappy minivans (Pontiac Montana and Buick Teraza) as well as the Aztek and Rendezvous, so it wouldn't be that far of a stretch.

As it's been well... twenty trillion times :)P), the Caprice/Statesman is longer, wider and has a much more bigger than the Commodore

Commodore = BMW 5 series size
Statesman/Caprice= BMW 7 Series size