Scrap Monaco, pleeeeeaaaaseeee!

kekekeke

It's a historic track and all, but offers no racing entertainment. The only passes that were made today were under blue flags.

Scrap F1 I say, my god what a boring sport. How anyone can find this entertaing is beyond me. And before you start bitching, I use to be a big f1 fan, but watching it these days is torture.

F1 fans, whats the atteraction?? And don't give me that crap about it being the pinnacle of motorsport..

kekekeke:
alonso, hamilton in 2nd. massa 3rd nearly 1 min and 10 seconds behind. 4th place fisi was lapped. Mclaren totally dominated this race.

Well like with all motorsports I watch it because of fast machines going fast. But monaco is too cramped for modern f1 cars. what we need more wide and expansive tracks like the ones designed by tilke. you might call them boring, but they sure make for better racing.

I'd start watching F1 again if they removed all the restrictions and let fabricators do their own thing, i want to see 6 wheeled cars with huge wins like in the 70s.

wow scraping Monaco, stupidest comment ever. Sure, this race wasn't too exciting, but look at the past and see how much Monaco has entertain us in F1.

By any objective measure, yes the cars have outgrown the circuit. But, the history, the glamour, the prestige - that's what it's all about. And my god, seeing the drivers thread the cars between the barriers at speed - just awe-inspiring.

Well, i agree. I too watch Formula 1 because of the car, it is so fast and loud. The other reason is that it is easy to recognize who and who is the player in F1, the politics, the drama, it is a storyline. I'm watching F1 because of the interesting politics and the fact that these F1 people sometimes don't agree with each other, it is very entertaining, maybe not on the track, but think about it, Felipe trying to be the number one in Ferrari, Fernando trying to outdo his rookie teamate, Lewis the next big thing. To be honest, last year Monaco is only interesting for me because of Michael Schumacher parking antics, i love that guy, sometimes a bad guy, sometimes a good guy. Anyway, i'm sorry if you don't agree with me but that is how i view it. :)

I watch Formula 1 because I think it is the greatest sport in the world. Ignoring the politics involved, I find the racing, including the boring races, and the way the strategies play out to be fascinating. I could watch F1 every single second of every single day. People that don't get F1 these days are the sort of people that only watch motorsport for the crashes and don't get just how on the edge of perfection these cars are. There is much more to F1.

As for scrapping Monaco, thats one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Yes, the track doesnt suit these modern cars, but it is such a great circuit. Formula 1 without Monaco is like Amsterdam without the sex and drugs!!

I watch Formula One because I find the politics and racing aspects of the sport quite entertaining. Its like watching a game of soccer. Dreadfully boring until someone kicks a goal. Thats what overtaking and accidents, etc are to F1. I find NASCAR to be the most boring form of motorsport there is because, like basketball, there's too much overtaking and accidents brought about by the awfully dull oval circuits.

Monaco is about the glamour, the prestige, showcasing the sport in the most spectacular venue available. Monaco can turn up some fabulous entertainment. Unfortunately this years race was a little dull, unless you were a McLaren fan of course! :D

Unfortunately this years race was a little dull, unless you were a McLaren fan of course! :D

Or a Honda fan :D

We made Q3 with both cars, and we were in the points for most of the race (except the bit that counted), and got a Top 10 finish with Rubens and 11th for Button :D You have to admit that thats an improvement!!

Still poor though, button was only top 10 on the grid because of a communication cock up for dc!

They would never scap monaco. I still find it an interesting race despite the obvious limitations of it. I agree its a bit annoying that drivers get stuck in traffic more and there is less overtaking but that just puts more pressure on qualifying, which is very exciting.

Ive been watching F1 for as long as I can remember and ive never found it boring, theres alot of aspects to it that I like and have a big interest in.

Scrap F1 I say, my god what a boring sport. How anyone can find this entertaing is beyond me. And before you start bitching, I use to be a big f1 fan, but watching it these days is torture.

F1 fans, whats the atteraction?? And don't give me that crap about it being the pinnacle of motorsport..

F1 is a team sport. If you can only see the drivers effort in modern F1 that is your problem.

Last edited:
street racing is defiately more exciting than track racing... the imminent risk of stuffing it in a barrier is oh so higher, but i agree.....

todays f1 cars have really out grown monaco, especially when mid way through the race there is basically only one line to drive, otherwise you die. add to that the fact todays cars simply cant follow closely and add in some fairly spineless drivers and team orders and you really do end up with a spectacle this relatively risk free.

if you watch from the old days...theres some good racing, but the cars are just too much for monaco now. its a tradition to race there, but the one thing f1 doesnt need right now is a procession....today monaco was a procession, they could of just dropped the chequered flag after the 1st corner because it didnt change much after that.

the only drivers who i thought would push their luck and give us some entertainment today were Kimi (already nominated in the campaign for reall racing drivers) and hamilton.

kimi didnt even bother, and hamilton was reigned in by team orders. that pretty much killed it. looking back, given M shcumachers 22nd to 5th last year im inclined to think maybe he should of been nominated for the campaign for real racing drivers and not kimi (who must be gutted he left a team that is now the best to join another team that is now 2nd best, like mclaren were when he was there). schumi is going to be irreplacable for a long time i reckon....

i agree, monaco could well do with being scrapped unless things change with the cars, it brings about ?60million into the principality every year, but lets be honest....looking at the boats in the harbour its ?60million theyre probably not gonna miss

Last edited:
I watch Formula 1 because I think it is the greatest sport in the world. Ignoring the politics involved, I find the racing, including the boring races, and the way the strategies play out to be fascinating. I could watch F1 every single second of every single day. People that don't get F1 these days are the sort of people that only watch motorsport for the crashes and don't get just how on the edge of perfection these cars are. There is much more to F1.

As for scrapping Monaco, thats one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Yes, the track doesnt suit these modern cars, but it is such a great circuit. Formula 1 without Monaco is like Amsterdam without the sex and drugs!!

the strategy game is definately down the brawn/schumi team....they really pioneered it. and when you got someone like schumacher who can think as fast as he drives and can turn the magic on like its a switch...it works very well.

from a team perspective, playing via strategy is a pretty safe way to race, it might not work out, but at least the chances of wiping out in an overtake are reduced.

it can be interesting to watch, sat in the front room with a laptop and the live timing and trying to figure out yoruself what everyone is doing, yes it can be quite entertaining.

but honestly some times (especially after being burried in technical work all week) i wanna sit down infron of the box and just watch some hammer and tongs wheel to wheel argie bargie.....and im sorry but thats not what im seeing, definately not today.

usually i must turn to porsche cup or BTCC to get my proper racing fix.

what i think really needs addressing is this cars not being able to follow each other. i mean to the uneducated it sounds like a lame excuse for not trying, but when you understand how intricate the aero work on a moder F1 car is you understand why, as soon as you stop getting a smooth, laminar airflow over certain parts it all just goes to cock. i mean its not just the wings at the front and back...the whole car is formed to create downforce (with minimal drag) and as soon as you get in turbulent air it all just stops working.

you could design a car to work well in those conditions, but then it would suck hard when in clear air.

They would never scap monaco. I still find it an interesting race despite the obvious limitations of it. I agree its a bit annoying that drivers get stuck in traffic more and there is no overtaking but that just puts more pressure on qualifying, which is very exciting.

Ive been watching F1 for as long as I can remember and ive never found it boring, theres alot of aspects to it that I like and have a big interest in.

fixed, and if thats the case... ie quali being more crucial and exciting, they really could of handed out the medals on saturday because nothing changed. that would of cut some costs theyre always trying to cut

Last edited:
They need to add a technical rule that bans chimneys and rounded bodywork, and issue FIA standard Sidepods, like those used in the early 90's.

scrap Monaco?

You sir, are the equivalent of the eco-mentalist. A bug that needs to be squashed.

scrap Monaco?

You sir, are the equivalent of the eco-mentalist. A bug that needs to be squashed.

I second your comment and have a pair of size 15 shoes just waiting to do some bug squashing!!

scrap Monaco?

Apart from that, McLaren has dominated this race. But priorly, Ferrari was unbeatable. Therefor, I don't see the problem, because for once in a very long time, two equally strong teams are fighting for the championship, sharing the points with three drivers (kimi is pretty far off unfortunately). This will be one thrilling championship again.

I think, quite rightly as Clarson said somewhere, that if points were given for overtaking, then F1 would become very, if not one of the most watchable motorsports events of all time.