What's the best video editor for you?

I make simple videos, so Sony Vegas is the perfect choise for me. When I make a dvd I use Tmpeg to convert. This is the best if you want to make simple, but good videos :)

Vegas is more powerful than most people give it credit for. There's a reason why more and more stuff is being edited with Vegas by FOX (fox sports net), ABC (Nightline), etc.

Wll, I guess the best video editors is the Adobe Premier Pro and Sony Vegas. I'm gonna read the specs, if they can be used in my pc and then I'm going to try to see what do I like more.

Thank's to all. Also, keep posting. Perhaps there's another video editor even better.

I can say that what I search is image quality. I've saw videos that was made with Sony Vegas and is quality was really good. Do you know any video that was edited with Premier Pro?

Cumplz

Using a specific video editor doesn't necessarily make the video quality better, it depends what camera you use of course (as well as the usual factors for a decent looking video such as lighting etc, setting up the picture on the camera properly), what format that camera uses (Mini DV/DVCPro/P2 etc), also the video codec you capture and edit in makes a big difference. :)

Using a specific video editor doesn't necessarily make the video quality better, it depends what camera you use of course (as well as the usual factors for a decent looking video such as lighting etc, setting up the picture on the camera properly), what format that camera uses (Mini DV/DVCPro/P2 etc), also the video codec you capture and edit in makes a big difference. :)

Well Mr-Stabby, I realised now that what you are saying is true! The video codec is something very important! I've been using Sony Vegas by a while but I can't get any cool thing using it!!! Like this... I've made a video of pictures (by now just in project on Sony Vegas) that I've taken in a trip and I've inserted some music's. Now, when it cames to render it off I can't get a decent codec to do it... :cry: Or the file get's too big and have no proportional dimensions or the image is really horrible! I can't handle with the PAL DV and NTSC DV system and the HDV and HD system's just don't work because when the program begins an error ocurrs and the hlvdd.dll can't start!
My main concerns are the video codecs. I have those: ACDV 2.0.1, Cineform HD Codec 2.5, Cinepak, Divx 6.4.0 (1 logical cpu and YV12), Intel 4:2:0 Video 2.50, Intel Indeo 3.2 and 4.5, Intel IYUV, H.261 and H.263, Microsoft video 1, NTSC and PAL, Sony YUV (doesn't work for me) and Techsmith Screen! For audio I guess that Mpeg layer-3 is the best!

So wich are the best codecs (video and audio) to rip the videos? And also in wich dimension format?
If someone can tell me... How does the latest videos of TopGear, 5th gear, DMotor and Best Motoring where ripped off? (please say about the program used and the video codec used... If Divx what was the version?)

Thanks for all

Cumplz

Last edited:
I would rather go to work on my hands and knees than use Windows Movie Maker. Apart from it crashing every 20 minutes, It couldn't even export my video. Piece of crap. I'm getting Adobe Premier soon.

I use Vegas for editing... it's really a LOT easier than Premiere, but it's more than powerful enough (except maybe for titling). I tried Premiere, but in addition to the relatively awkward interface, the lack of a proper deinterlacer turned me off.

For capturing I use VirtualDub with the Huffyuv codec, no filters.. I do all the processing with non-destructive plugins in Vegas. Also, with interlaced source material, I leave it interlaced until I render it.

Movie maker seems to work ok for very basic projects too, though you've got limited format options afaik.

i use Preimere Pro 2 for working with video captured using Fraps, because it's the only one that will open the fraps videos :?

any other video i use Pinnacle studio 9 or 10. it's easy to use and encoding is fast with my PC.

Wll, I guess the best video editors is the Adobe Premier Pro and Sony Vegas. I'm gonna read the specs, if they can be used in my pc and then I'm going to try to see what do I like more.

Thank's to all. Also, keep posting. Perhaps there's another video editor even better.

I can say that what I search is image quality. I've saw videos that was made with Sony Vegas and is quality was really good. Do you know any video that was edited with Premier Pro?

Cumplz

There are no 'best' editors. Different editors have their own strengths and weaknesses. When looking at a certain category of programs, your proficiency with it is much more important than what the program has to offer. Try them all out and see what feels the most comfortable for you.

The same miniDV footage cut in Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Avid Xpress Pro, or Vegas will look... the same. If you want it to look really pretty, your skill at color grading will be the deciding factor on the finished product.

What is the best free video editor? I have Arcsoft VideoImpressions 2 but its missing alot of things that I wish it could do. I want something like iMovie where you can have music and stuff fade in and out.

Windows or Mac?

If you're on a Mac, buy iLife, and you will get iMovie.

Windows - try Avid Free. It's pretty decent, in my opinion.

PS: Nice signature. Is that the Taiwan white Enzo?