Johnny Smith -- Yay or Nay?

Johnny Smith -- Yay or Nay?

• Total voters
I really like his reviews largely because he takes a different approach than other presenters, he is also entertaining. Tiff, Vicki, Jason talk only about the feel of the steering most of the time.. which is why I like Tom's reviews because he loves gadgets, same as I do. and Johnny talks about how the whole car makes you feel which is brilliant.

You know, everyone's saying "Oh, he's boring...etc." but I think his unique style, which, I'll admit, is a bit odd, is quite enjoyable. Tiff, Jeremy, Jason, and Vicki all use the "all your tires must die" theory of review...but that's not Johnny's method. I like him *shrug*

I think that he is pretty good..... better than Lovejoy for sure.

Well, I've seen charisma-less-gashes with more charisma

Did they find him on YouTube ?

I've only just started watching 5th Gear this year (tried last year but found it dreadful) and have to say that I do like him most of the time. I didn't like how he banged on about feeling so British when testing the Roller (Clarkson's piece was much much better), but overall I find his segments pleasant and easy to watch.

Tom and Johnny actually make interesting reviews without babbling about handling and acceleration over and over again. I like the way they pay attention to small details and how the car feels or makes you feel.

Tiff just spends too much time telling how he can slide the car or how fast he is going. Jason is quite informative but can be sometimes little bit boring and Vicki is just annoying by squeking or trying to be funny but just making it look embarrasing.

Johnny's review of the 612 was great. He reacted to his first drive in a Ferrari the way most normal people probably would.

"This is my first time doing 38 mph in a Ferrari." lol

Fine:

He wastes too much time trying to be funny and doesn't offer enough insight on the car. A prime example would be his dreadful C Class review where he offered literally no information what so ever and instead went on about how much of a twiddling little nancy boy he is and how much he loves to wear rings like a gypsy.
He spent every moment of the whole entire segment speaking in a stupid voice about how many newton metres it take to push in a button while rubbing his genitals on the centre console.
Then he made this years biggest call in motoring journalism; 'Mercedes-Benz build quality has returned' and I'm expected to take him seriously. This guy? A guy that looks like he sleeps in a condemned warehouse at night? A guy that sounds like I'm on acid?

I don't like the guy. I don't like his personality and I don't like the way he thinks he can joke around and be all casual and shit when he still hasn't even begun to prove himself as a motoring journalist.

did your dad beat you as a child?

Then you've got to punch him back. That might help.