Now coming to you through Safari.

Phila

Car(s)
1995 Subaru Legacy, 2008 Subaru Legacy
Apple rolled out the new version of Safari today for both Mac and Windows. I'm happy because I can't afford my new computer yet (an iMac) so the more Mac apps for Windows the better.

Safari.jpg

It should be good for testing with website development where I otherwise couldn't do so in a mac environment. Cool :)

I'm unimpressed, it runs horribably on here for reasons unbeknownst to me.

You use Mac software ... on a Windows environment... :blink:

That's like driving a 911 GT3 with wellingtons, as JC would say. :p

No thanks, I'm sticking with firefox.

PS. Just because it's from apple doesn't mean it's good.

Last edited:
I'm happy because I can't afford my new computer yet (an iMac) so the more Mac apps for Windows the better.
This scares me a bit. It's like preparing the razor blades for slitting your wrists. :?

LOL... I'm the same as the others here... I use Firefox - on my MacBookPro, Linux install & Windows... Haven't opened Safari for almost a year now...!

I use Safari on my Mac and have never ever had any problems... touch wood.

Please uninstall it ASAP. Safari is the biggest piece of shit ever when it comes to coding a website for a brower -- nearly as bad as IE, I kid you not.

The Safari expirience for me:

Hm, this doesn't look right.

http://img78.imageshack.**/img78/4126/untitledrw0.jpg

Well that's strange. Oh wait, it gets even better.

http://img78.imageshack.**/img78/6290/untitledtg2.jpg

What an amazing piece of Software.

Hm, this doesn't look right.

While I agree that Safari should display it correctly, I wouldn't do as far as to place 100% of the blame on Safari. The front page of the forums don't validate at the moment, but that's still a lame excuse for it to not render correctly or at least close.

The main site on the other hand is 100% valid XHTML and should render perfectly.

My internet died last night, I suppose that is Safari's fault too. :rolleyes:

Please uninstall it ASAP. Safari is the biggest piece of shit ever when it comes to coding a website for a brower -- nearly as bad as IE, I kid you not.

The man speaks truth. I've pulled many a hair out of my head trying to make a site look exactly the same in Firefox and Safari. It blows. Worse than IE as far as web design goes.

Every time you load Safari a panda has a miscarriage.

Every time you load Safari a panda has a miscarriage.

That's a good enough reason for not installing it at all :lol:

Seriously though, I don't see the point of installing another browser in my computer. Opera and Firefox work great for me.

Why do you need opera ( or in fact any other browser )when you have firefox ?