24 Heures Du Mans

^ What I have been doing is running live streamng of events, but playing http://www.radiolemans.com coverage. They covered the Nurburgring 24hours brilliantly.

Ah! Good idea!

Edit: wouldn't the sync be off? The TVU stuff seemed to be 1-2 minutes off actual time.

Last edited:
Havent tried TVU yet with LeMans, only did it with Live Streaming and Radio LeMans. It seemed to work ok.

Auto Motor und Sport had live streaming, but they dont cover LeMans. One of the Dutch RTL's are apparently.

Channel 10's old F1 host, Leigh Diffey, is hosting Speed's Le Mans Coverage. I'd wondered where he had gone.

old news honda :p, so 2006 j/k

Haha, Bourdais will fit into F1 just fine. He's just done an Alonso :D

Big crash from the #3 Audi. See the damage to the arnco!!
http://img521.imageshack.**/img521/1689/barrierrn9.jpg

Last edited:
From the armco and the rear end of the Peugeot it looks like a massive impact.

Also #64 Corvette seems to be out of the race after what is apparently a driveshaft (or halfshaft) failure, putting GT1 firmly to hands of Aston Martins.

All and all, it has been fairly chaotic start of the race.

edit: I'll take the comment on GT1 being firmly at the hands of Aston back as the #63 Corvette still holds 2nd place in class. But in top-5 there are 4 DBR9's.

edit2: Meh, there goes my LMP2 prediction, the RML MG was just parked at the side of the track.

edit3: And it looks like Rockenfeller is trying to repair the smashed rear end of the #3 Audi :eek:

Last edited:
We are just past the four hour mark. Still early parts of the race and we are getting to the rhytm after the chaotic start.

LMP1: The #2 Audi have held a secure lead after the last safety car and with Kristensen doing a long stint at the wheel are running faster than the rest. #8 Peugeot with Pedro Lamy at the wheel is running on 2nd place, over 2? minutes behind the leader but only 20 seconds ahead of the #1 Audi. #16 Pescarolo holds 4th while the second Peugeot is on 5th.

LMP2: The lead and position 11 overall is held by #40 Quifel Lola, followed by #33 Barazi Epsilon Zytek, over a lap behind the leader. #24 Courage is holding 3rd place in class, a further lap behind the Zytek. The #25 RML Lola-MG eventually got going after first stopping on circuit, but just few minutes ago crashed into barriers and once again is limping back to pits.

GT1: The Aston Martin-Chevrolet battle is still in the hands of the British, but it's still close. The #009 and #007 Astons hold the first two places with half a minute between them and the remaining factory Corvette is on 3rd. Astons hold the next three positions as well, making it five Astons in top-6. Best of the rest is Saleen on 7th in class.

GT2: The Porsche-Ferrari battle in this class is currently going to the Germans, with #93 Autorlando Sport 911 leading from #97 Risi Competizione F430. The gap is only seconds, though, and the 3rd placed IMSA Performance Porsche is only another minute behind. #87 Scuderia Ecosse Ferrari holds fourth in class, while the best-placed Spyker holds 5th and best-placed Panoz is on 6th.

Well, as I predicted Peugeot stumbled upon reliability issues. The #8 car which was holding 2nd place lost five laps after a rear right hub assembly failed and had to be repaired. Audi now has a comfortable 1-2 from the #7 Peugeot, and are the fastest cars on track.

edit: And with oik on the track, some of the ballsiest marshalls in the world are cleaning oil from the middle of the track with cars going past in almost full race pace.

Back to safety car on seven hour mark as one of the Creation cars ended up in the tyre barrier. Also the #1 Audi was hit by the #63 Corvette in the Dunlop curves, causing damage to the Audi and a wild ride over the gravel trap for the Vette. The #1 is in the garage for repairs at the moment.

edit: The Audi left the pits, apparently only bodywork damage. They remain on 2nd place overall, now 2 laps behind the leading #2 Audi.

Last edited:
At the eight hour mark things have settled down somewhat.

LMP1: After the problems for #8 Peugeot it looks like all Audi affair on top, despite the moment I mentioned above for #1 Audi. Still, it's a long way to go. #2 leads #1 by 2 laps at the moment, with Dindo Capello and Frank Biela at the wheel of the cars respectively. #7 Peugeot with Nicolas Minassian at the wheel is running on 3rd, another lap behind the Audis. Honours for best petrol contender at the moment goes to #16 Pescarolo which briefly held 3rd place but couldn't match the Peugeot's pace and is currently 1? minutes behind the Peugeot. #15 Chanouz Lola holnds 5th ahead of #18 Rollcentre Racing Pescarolo and the troubled #8 Peugeot.

LMP2: The #40 Quifel Lola is still on first place, although they did hand the lead to #33 Zytek for a while before a lengthy pit stop cost the Zytek two places. Between them is the #31 Binnie Motorsports Lola. The gaps in the top positions of the class are measured in laps, so no thrilling battles for the time being.

GT1: The factory Astons are still heading the field, this time with #007 ahead of the #009 car. They also hold places 9 and 10 overall respectively. The remaining factory Corvette holds 3rd place almost 2 minutes behind the Astons, and followed by another pair of britons with #008 and #100 holding places 4 and 5. The only zinc in Aston's run was a shock absorber failure for #006 which cost them three quarters of an hour. Saleens hold 6th and 7th in class.

GT2: The battle has been taken to Ferrari with #97 Risi Competizione F430 taking the lead from #93 Porsche just after the four hour mark. #76 IMSA Performance Porsche which was also in contention for the lead lost time with a puncture and holds 4th place, behind the #87 Scuderia Ecosse Ferrari. #80 Flying Lizards Porsche holds 5th and the single remaining Spyker #85 is on 6th in class. Spyker and Panoz both lost one of their cars almost simultaneously, the #86 Spyker going out with engine failure and #81 Panoz after losing fuel pressure.

Update on GT2: #80 Flying Lizards Porsche has pulled in the pits, it seems like gearbox problems.

Keep up the good work Hazardous, you are useful when the SPEED TV goes to breaks

The 007 Aston Martin has gone into the garage. Thats not good at all!!

Edit: Small off, damage to front splinter. Being replaced as I type. I want a DB9!!

Last edited: