How Long Do Hybrid Batteries Last?

I<3myV8

How long do the batteries last on a hybrid car? Also, what is the cost of replacement?

How long do they last? I wouldn't know because Toyota and Honda claimed they haven't had to replace one yet, they estimate 150,000 miles or roughly 240,000kms and the warranty is for 8 years or 100,000 miles. Toyota apparently has said the replacement costs of the battery is roughly $3000.

9 years and yes it is very pricey. Ive seen several Prius battery's done at my dealership and there's a lot of shit to be removed to get it out. Takes roughly a day from start to finnish

About 1000 cycles (recharges), although I don't know if there's a way for a hybrid's computer to actually check the cycle count and tell you.

About 1000 cycles (recharges), although I don't know if there's a way for a hybrid's computer to actually check the cycle count and tell you.

I'd wager it would calculate it, as the computer is in control of charging the unit anyway.

They are expected to last about 10 years is all, then it would cost more to replace them than the value of the car.

GM is requiring a 10 year minimum on it's battery packs for the Chevy Volt. The company who is working on them claims 7000 cycles (charges) out of the new Li-Ion design which they say should do the job.

One thing to point out is many laptop batteries right now only handle right about 300 cycles, and seem to have an average of 3-4 years.

their new Cayenne hybrid.
:puke:

Anyway someone should take a Prius with dead batteries, take them out and test out Jezza's theory that the car wold get better mileage without them.