Anyone know anything about WTCC?

yourk

Car(s)
Audi A4
Anyone know anything about WTCC?

Apparently, it's the third franchise in the FIA along with Formula1 and WRC. It's an interesting series. The footage I've seen is CRAZY. They run 2 races on race day. Both 25 minutes or so. The first race is in qualifying order. The second race is in REVERSE qualifying order. Passing is outrageous. Contact is almost guaranteed. 4 manufacturers this year...

Anyone have any info regarding the series? Any contacts?

does anybody know why there is such a big break in between the two races this year? that sucks...the first race is way too early when i am still asleep and the second race i usually forget to watch...

Yeah, WTCC? I love it? I love the support race also! The International Formula Master, their version of F3. :D

does anybody know why there is such a big break in between the two races this year? that sucks...the first race is way too early when i am still asleep and the second race i usually forget to watch...

I can only download them so I can't tell you for sure why there is such a big break.

they need the time to get the cars that didnt make to the finish line to the pits and repair the damage. there are no 2nd team cars becuse FIA is trying to make the running cost low for the privateers.

also only the first 8 start in the first race start in reverse order in the 2nd.

there's a brilliant game of this series called RACE. It runs though Steam, and one of the funiest gaming moments is a packed server of about 30 cars attempting to get through the second corner at Macau. Only about five actually make it!

The actual Macau race is always entertaining, too....

sounds cool, hope i don't miss that!

My guess is probably due to scheduling with other series (namely F1 weekend). So they start the first race before the F1 race and run the second race after it to avoid any conflict.

NOTE to EUROSPORTS / FIA: Put a local clock or (count down) on your website telling us when the next race start. I kept missing the eurosports stream when I didn't get the CET time conversion right :p.

they should just run WTCC on the weekends when F1 is not on, how hard can that be?

Here's a couple of races, in case some of you haven't seen it yet!

Macau
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZDrkqx4NzQ[/YOUTUBE]

The touring car legend that is James Thompson!
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA-t4PiwQ5M[/YOUTUBE]

I can't wait for the Macau race this year. Last year it was so intense.

My guess is probably due to scheduling with other series (namely F1 weekend). So they start the first race before the F1 race and run the second race after it to avoid any conflict.

Nope, the gap is long even if there is no F1 that weekend. I believe the International Formula Master runs their sunday race between the two WTCC races which is one cause for the long delay.

One thing I miss in WTCC this year are the privateers with their privately prepared Hondas, Fords and Peugeots that were around last year. Especially the JAS Sport prepared Hondas were becoming real contenders in the latter part of the year.

Well.. Next stop Sweden! :D

Speaking of sweden, there will be a pair of bioethanol powered Volvos in the grid, it'll be interesting to see how they will do.

And Rickard Rydell will be driving one of the Daewoos!