Toronto orders removal of yellow ribbons from EMS vehicles

the U.S. made it so that we have to have passports to get into the U.S. Great neighbours you are!
And we have to have passports to get into Canada. So what? Sames goes for Mexico now.

There is this thing here that we say about being a neighbour to the U.S., and that is "sleeping with and elephant." It means that at any point while sleeping the elephant can roll over and kill us, which is the equivalent to the U.S. being able to attack us at anytime, and we also have the longest open land border which isn't really all that open anymore, as the U.S. made it so that we have to have passports to get into the U.S. Great neighbours you are!
Umm no and no. Trudeau's sleeping elephant analogy never meant anything about the US attacking or invading Canada. He said every twitch and grunt we're affected by it, which is totally true considering the influence of the US. As for the elephant rolling over was more of a sovereignty issue and a warning not to appease the US when we feel its wrong like Iraq for instance. After all if we support and approve 100% of everything the US does, being the 51st state would be a non issue. Thats the idea of it rolling over the beaver not your silly they'll kill us remark.

As for passports, I'm all for it. If we're required a passport for any other country, why create a double standard and open up possible security risks? Crossing into the US even without a passport takes forever anyways, adding a passport has no effect on changing how long it takes to cross.

Umm no and no. Trudeau's sleeping elephant analogy never meant anything about the US attacking or invading Canada. He said every twitch and grunt we're affected by it, which is totally true considering the influence of the US. As for the elephant rolling over was more of a sovereignty issue and a warning not to appease the US when we feel its wrong like Iraq for instance. After all if we support and approve 100% of everything the US does, being the 51st state would be a non issue. Thats the idea of it rolling over the beaver not your silly they'll kill us remark.

As for passports, I'm all for it. If we're required a passport for any other country, why create a double standard and open up possible security risks? Crossing into the US even without a passport takes forever anyways, adding a passport has no effect on changing how long it takes to cross.

The first part is what my history teacher told me. But for the passport thing, is because we have a unguarded boarder, where it says we trust each other, but now it says that we dont trust each other.

I recall reading or hearing something about Canada benefiting from stricter travel restrictions to the United States. Like more business meetings etc will be held in Toronto, rather than New York (For example).

Because there's groups of people out there that want every man, woman and child in North America dead. Welcome to being part of the Great Satan.

but what has caused those groups of people to want that to happen, and i thought it was just America not North America.

but what has caused those groups of people to want that to happen, and i thought it was just America not North America.
They're pissed off at "western culture", namely the US and our allies. Why? Because we are infidels on holy land. Osama originally got mad at us over our bases in Saudia Arabia. Even after we bankrolled him in his half ass fight against the Russians in Afghanistan. After the Talibans "victory" in Afghanistan against Russia some fighters decided to export muslim fundamentalism to other countries. That puts us were we are today. Dealing with a bunch of egotistical nuts trying to spread an idea. And it's pretty damn hard to fight an ideology, especially one like radical islam, with an army.