The highest temperature of the summer thread...

Currently 12.4 Celcius here with rain and strong wind, just how I like it (OK without the rain). It got to about 28 Celcius a few eeks back but that is way too hot for me, I like it around 15 Celcius or lower.

I like cold too, but not that cold, I like it around 17 - 25 degrees celcius.

It is supposed to reach 38 celsius today but I'm sure we will reach 40. Yeah, that's right. High 30s in CANADA!!

Yesterday we reached 36. Tomorrow is the last hot day before we probably get a massive thunderstorm and we will be back into the 20s.

it's only about 95 here. it's nice.
later this summer, it will likely hit at least 110.

So we did hit 40 degrees celsius today. That's 104 Fahrenheit.

35 here in London, Ontario Canada today..but with humidex it's 41..I hate humidity..
so does my car...lol

I'm a desert rat - I love the desert, but like all desert critters, I only want to come out at night.

Yeah, we use to go rock crawling at night all the time. We'd just mount 3 sets of KC lights to the chassis of each truck.

Wanna talk hot???? Try 47 degrees C yesterday in the center of Athens....Now that was really hot....For the past week though we've been hovering between 41 to 44 C

Wanna talk hot???? Try 47 degrees C yesterday in the center of Athens....Now that was really hot....For the past week though we've been hovering between 41 to 44 C

Ya but you get to see all the lovely Greek ladies in bathing suits...imagine what you see here...tighty packaged bags of lard

So we went from 40 celsius to 23 in a couple of hours. From what I hear, it was quite a thunderstorm.

Ya but you get to see all the lovely Greek ladies in bathing suits...imagine what you see here...tighty packaged bags of lard

Ok i have to admit you are right about that...But there is a down side to all those women walking around half naked. Let me give you a few examples

1) You drive to work, it's 46 f.. degrees C out here today and you see a group of lovely ladies dressed in their swim suits waiting at the bus stop for the bus to go to the beach. If you somehow manage to look where you are going and don't have a crash you start feeling more hot than you where before, until you finally go :blowup:

2) You get to work and all the women that work at the same office as me are dressed in super tight and super short mini skirts plus a piece of cloth basically to cover their top and you tell me if you are able to concentrate and do your job, because personally i can't :p

3) And the worst thing off all is when i walk or drive around with my gf and i see a pretty good looking girl dressed in almost nothing i can't help it but stare. OK there are a few times you can get away with it and the gf doesn't see you staring but eventually she'll see you and then......You can all understand how this ends up...

Then again i think about it and decide i wouldn't want it any other way :grin:

About the second point, i forgot to mention, that at the same office building where i work there is also the commercial call center for the ISP that i work for which consists mostly of college girls working part time jobs.....:p

Last edited:
Only 83F here in Honolulu. Comfortable.

Wow. Going to be a hot one this week. 4th of July will be brutal.

http://img402.imageshack.**/img402/6687/untitledqn8.jpg

Link

^ I'd be outside all week with a magnifying glass burning things.

It's going to get hot here.:!:

http://img292.imageshack.**/img292/4293/scr3132716drt3.jpg

You should get one of those page-sized Fresnel lenses. :mrgreen:

Also a large concave mirror would do the trick nicely. We tried it last year in Physics and it took about 10 seconds to burn a piece of paper :mrgreen: