I'm going to SF to pick up the F430 right now!

I hate to say this, but I dont fancy it in that color.
I'd prolly have it in darkish grey with red or "dark" cream/brown interior..

I'm a little confused by this statement? What exactly does the F1 gearbox not do that a manual gearbox would?

In a true manual gearbox, you have to do everything manually, hence the name.
Pressing a button that tells the computer that you're ready to change gear, is not the same.
But again, it is an amazing gearbox and on a track under racing conditions, it's unbeatable.

Well technically you are rich, but in some other country where everything is half the price, for example my upper middle class here in Australia, but if we suddenly decide to move to the US we would suddenly become full blown rich because an M5 in the US costs as much as little as a 325i over here so in theory the same principle could apply to your family if you could find a country where everything costs less.

Generally, if everything costs less then you will get paid less too. It wouldn't benefit a nation's economy if everything was ridiculously expensive because 75% of the population wouldn't be able to afford anything.

As said a few times before by other people, I really like that colour :)

Now try not to hit anything with it.. :p

Nice avatar, kip.

As I said, the pics don't really do the color justice. I drove behind it for about 150 miles yesterday and the more I looked at it, the more i liked it. Sure, I would have preferred to get the gray and red leather, but that was very similar to the color scheme of our 550 and my dad wanted a change.

That color looks fantastic. Kudos to your dad for not going with the boring default red that all the posers go for; he's got better taste than that (or was it your idea? :D)

i like it! personally i side with your dad on tan interiors, red interiors get tiring to me (almost like sensory overload)

i could care less about the transmission, i drive a good manual daily and to me it doesn't really matter what gearbox the car has as long as the rest of the car tickles my fancy

and actually nice choice with the A3, its no ferrari, but its a really great car, im suprised i haven't seen more as its basically a more mature GTi

Exactly, because it's just a GTI in Audi clothes. Seeing as how the GTI is already a super expensive Golf there's no reason to pay even more for the Audi version. :p I like the A3, too bad only the estate is sold here.

The Ferrari looks great, although if I was buying I'd buy a more youthful colour.

and actually nice choice with the A3, its no ferrari, but its a really great car, im suprised i haven't seen more as its basically a more mature GTi

Nice color combo! And the CS wheels were a great idea.

Too bad about the F1 gearbox. Almost the perfect car. lol

You know that is what I thought to but after you drive the F1 box it is pretty good. Yes the traditional manual gives you a more direct connection to the road but the F1 box is amazing.

I have one client with a F1 gear box F430 and another with the traditional manual.

I have driven the F1 gear box F430 and it is amazing. I have only ridden in the traditional manual F430 but it is amazing as well just a different kind of amazing.

Great colour choice - so nice to see someone choose the colour they want, rather than follow the other sheep.

Great colour choice - so nice to see someone choose the colour they want, rather than follow the other sheep.

That's assuming that everyone that picks red, is doing it simply because others have. How do you know that half the people who pick that color don't do it because they honestly like the color?

Either way, it's a beautiful car man. Tell your dad to enjoy it. Do you think he'll take it to the track in the future?

I think the red your Dad selected looks better on the 599, If I was getting an F430, I'd prefer it in the grey you suggested to your Dad. But, if your Dad is happy, that's all that matters.

Enjoy!!

That's assuming that everyone that picks red, is doing it simply because others have. How do you know that half the people who pick that color don't do it because they honestly like the color?

I think most people dream of owning a bright red Ferrari. So that's what they buy.

Agreed... every manufacturer has their colour. Rosso corsa looks so great on Ferrari, you can't go wrong if everyone else buys the same.

I love the 550 body though, so that's probably what I'd go for. Black on tan maybe?

What colour was your dad's Jacobfox?

I believe that the 550 was grigio titanio, which was a medium silver. It had a 2 tone interior, the upper dash was black leather and the lower dash and seats were dark redI told him to get the darkest gray they had for the 430 with a dark red interior, just like the car in the 430 spider press pics.

He thought it was too similar, though he did really like it.

He showed me something really cool today, a little scrapbook that Ferrari made detailing the construction of the car from bare chassis to finished product (minus the venturi element). It's fantastic, it's definitely his car, as it's dated and the color and trim are visibly his. If I can get some photos of it, I will.

Agreed... every manufacturer has their colour. Rosso corsa looks so great on Ferrari, you can't go wrong if everyone else buys the same.

I love the 550 body though, so that's probably what I'd go for. Black on tan maybe?

What colour was your dad's Jacobfox?
I was thinking Rosso Fiorano.. Brighter.. :D

He showed me something really cool today, a little scrapbook that Ferrari made detailing the construction of the car from bare chassis to finished product (minus the venturi element). It's fantastic, it's definitely his car, as it's dated and the color and trim are visibly his. If I can get some photos of it, I will.

That, is awesome - what a great memento to welcome a new owner into the family.

I believe that the 550 was grigio titanio, which was a medium silver.
Is that the BadBoys2 color? Perfect one for the 550 or 575...

In a true manual gearbox, you have to do everything manually, hence the name.
Pressing a button that tells the computer that you're ready to change gear, is not the same.
But again, it is an amazing gearbox and on a track under racing conditions, it's unbeatable.

Translation: You don't get the same lower body work out with flappy paddles as you do in a proper manual when you're stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic. I-4 a parking lot? OH YEAH, burning carbs!

On topic, nice car. I can go on all day about my preferances, but I think I like your dad's combination. I think a red interior in a red car would be a bit silly, but whatever. I like my interior colors to contrast with the exterior paint.

^ your sig is too tall...