Improving Pictures

jimmymac

Just back from the French GP at Magny Cours this last weekend and have some pictures that need work....

I took my dads old Minolta 35mm SLR camera with me in the hope that it might get me some better shots, however it seems that the camera wasn't exactly in perfect working order. Many of the photo's were knackered and couldnt be developed and those that did are very dark. I wonder if anyone could help me with trying to improve the quality of these.. Below is an example of one of the pics taken of the porsche supercup

5zdbz9z.jpg

any advice on what I can do with these?

That's pretty far gone... You'd be able to improve it a bit, but wouldn't be able to get a good picture out of it. I haven't got the time at the moment to help sorry, but hopefully somebody else will.

looking at the negs it they look pretty dead, been in contact with a very good photography place nearby and gonna take the negs down to them tomorrow. Said they will work on them and see if theres anything can be done. I'm hoping so as the pics look really good, just screwed the quality on them....

Time to invest in a digital SLR methinks, Canon E05 seems the pick of the bunch at the moment?

seems that the pics are a lost cause, gutted, thats 120 pics down the drain dammit!

looking at the negs it they look pretty dead, been in contact with a very good photography place nearby and gonna take the negs down to them tomorrow. Said they will work on them and see if theres anything can be done. I'm hoping so as the pics look really good, just screwed the quality on them....

Time to invest in a digital SLR methinks, Canon E05 seems the pick of the bunch at the moment?

Are you sure it wasnt something simple, like you forgot to set the film speed? (not meant to insult, Ive done it myself!) Or maybe you knocked the shutter speed/apeture dial when shooting.

Put a test roll through before you throw the camera away. Shoot through most shutter speeds and apetures and shoot a few over/underexposed and write down what you did.

http://img249.imageshack.**/img249/3553/5zdbz9z1si6.jpg
http://img241.imageshack.**/img241/7916/ewuq8.jpg

Sounds like it's time to go digital...

Are you sure it wasnt something simple, like you forgot to set the film speed? (not meant to insult, Ive done it myself!) Or maybe you knocked the shutter speed/apeture dial when shooting.

Put a test roll through before you throw the camera away. Shoot through most shutter speeds and apetures and shoot a few over/underexposed and write down what you did.

highly likely to be fair as I havent used said camera for near on 7-8 years. The old one won't be thrown away, its me old mans so once he's home im sure he'll point out to me the button i should have pushed to get it back to normal :)

However I still think it might be time to invest in a digital as times move on and such, little undecided though as the pics do show that they are damn good, just piss poor quality. We shall see, thanks for attempting to clean them up folks :)