High fives lead to death

For example, the principal got a lot of funding for renovation and equipment,
and he sorta spent all that money on his office. Installed cable TV, computers,
leather furniture etc. and that was his last year as principal too.

Other schools weren't that mental.

In any case, I blame the dozens of people who witness such weird things take place,
but they do nothing, and what's worse, think nothing of it.
Take it too the authorities?

Actually if someone points a gun at you in sweden, you are allowed to kill him..
And it someone is stealing your car, you are allowed to smash his head in with the car door (after you told him to fuck off)..

That description was written by Jan Guillou in 1988. Rules were the same, different practice of the law.

Well Jan Guillou is a complete as! Don't take anything he writes seriously!

Guillou isn't an arse. He's a very good writer. But you do have to take his leftist arguments with a 'bit' of a critical eye.

He does say a loooot of bullcrap, but he does make good points.

Maby it is just me, but I think these rules are there only because schools are at a loss because the parents don't bother to actually bring up their children. So, as we can see it causes impossible problems. I cannot describe how I feel about this. I'm not american, but I am still shocked.

Misplaced high-five results in broken jaw

Christine Kellett
July 11, 2007 - 11:54AM

He was just trying to spread a little New Year's cheer.

But what high-fiving Fortitude Valley reveller Simon Reynolds got in return was a hard smack in the mouth.

The 19-year-old, who welcomed in 2006 from a hospital bed, might have been permanently disfigured if not for two metal plates holding his shattered jaw in place.

Brisbane's District Court yesterday heard an "exuberant" Reynolds had been walking through the Valley's busy Brunswick Street mall minutes before the midnight countdown, offering friendly hand gestures to passers-by and wishing them a happy New Year.

But when he ran into Travis John Baker, it all went horribly wrong.

A misplaced high-five caught Baker, 21 of Caboolture, off guard and sent his wallet, keys and mobile telephone scattering across the pavement.

The phone broke and its owner snapped.

Crown prosecutor Caroline Marco told the court that despite an apology from Reynolds, Baker followed him a short distance before felling him with a single punch to the jaw.

Reynolds, spitting blood, got to his feet but was thumped a second time for "mouthing off".

"He remembers nothing except his friends talking to police and being taken to hospital in a taxi," Ms Marco said.

She asked sentencing Judge Tony Skoien to take into account the disparity in size between the two men and the "excessiveness of violence" shown by Baker, who pleaded guilty to one count of causing grievous bodily harm.

The judge expressed doubts, however, about the prosecution's claim the attack was unprovoked.

"It's all very well to say he was high-fiving ... but it did actually make some contact with (Baker) and cause him to drop valuable property and break valuable property," Judge Skoien said.

"It would have made him cross.

"Although it doesn't amount to a legal defence of provocation ... it wasn't as though this was just a king hit out of nowhere."

Baker's defence counsel, Timothy Ryan, said his client had been forced to replace a number of broken mobile phones in the lead up to the New Year's Eve incident and he had become angry at the latest casualty.

He said Baker had been withdrawing cash from an ATM when he received the unsolicited high-five, which Judge Skoien suggested "was in fact a low-five".

"The phone had cost him $500 ... so it had a particular significance for him," Mr Ryan said.

The court heard Baker had not heard Reynolds' apology, and believed he had been called a "f--- head" by the younger man.

Nevertheless, Judge Skoien expressed dismay over the rise in violence between young men, suggesting alcohol may have been to blame.

"I grew up in Toowoomba and later in Brisbane and both places I'd go out at night - and not to church, mind you," he said.

"I've never seen anything like the sort of street violence we see nowadays. I suppose the lowering of the drinking age might have something to do with it."

He sentenced Baker to two years' jail, suspended after four months.

Source

At first I thought his jaw was dislocated from a high-five, not a couple punches to the face. That would have to be one beast of a high five coming at your head. Way beyond the legal definition of a high-five, as sanctioned by the regulating bodies in 83 countries.

No wonder kids these days are such wimps. But I do agree I think a nice trip to the principals house would be great. Also I think they should show the kids Pr0n as an apology for the stupid rule.

That's a freak accident, and it has nothing to do with reality, and the sentence was far to long.

Stupid, stupid and stupid.

For.
Fuck's
Sake!

Seriously, what the fuck? For once I have no prose, no rant, no eloquent soliloquy about the bleakness of culture.

Just, "What the fuck!?"

Thats one of the most thruthful posts ive ever read on FG, it fully reflects my feelings on this "touchy" subject. WHAT THE FUCK!?

Any news on this? Has the rule been absolved? Is it still in effect? Have the parents even responded?

He came in, found out what happened and said "suspend him, NOW" they gave me my suspension, he promptly opened his wallet "here's $200, go to Disneyland and enjoy your time off." Oh that pissed them off big time.

Owned! That kicks ass, high five! :mrgreen:

LOL! I really didn't expect them to argue High-fives lead to more dangerous physical contact. I was thinking nerve damage or something. Sometimes when you high five too hard your hand hurts a lot.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/23/highfive.gif

See the smilies made it through fine. I think they have to worry more about group hugs. Just looks for yourselves! https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/12/23/grouphug.gif All those people touching, making others feel bad by not being involved, all the germs being passed on. One of them could have a cold!