[11x10] July 2nd, 2007

Seemed to me like they run out of budget with this last episode..

I will tell you guys where the rentals came from. It was April or May's feature in the Top Gear Magazine! They had the 100 fastest cars feature according to how they feel (0-60, top speed, etc didn't matter) and they said that the fastest car you can drive is a rental car or one that you do not own..

But this series was getting better with every episode and there is potential there (i.e. give Vicky a decent car to drive, cut celebs.. all of above) so I hope that 5G will keep on improving througout the next series.

I love Tiff but I feel theyre putting him in these awkward situations where he has to force himself to smile (as in this ep.) . It makes me feel sad.

Pothole segment I skipped.

what else. 350z, I dont know, weird. All that best car in the world put me off. And I wish Tiff or Plato reviewed it.

Fifth Gear should became a more serious motoring show, without all the TG nonsense. I feel like they try to please everyone and everything and are following current trends dictated by TG. They should find their own path. Less destroying cars crap or all that sh*t thats usually in the middle of the show. In my opinion they should stick with the reviews of the cars (Tiff, Plato, Tom), covering certain events (Tom ) or interesting topics (tuning) , races ( Tiff vs. Plato ) .

and to GUYS AT FIFTH GEAR. Look at BEST MOTORING for inspiration and not Top Gear.

^ Got to remember its on Channel 5 (advertisements pay for progs not licence fee) on one of their prime time slots so it HAS to be popular with non petrol heads as well as us lot. Expect more iffy guests next series.

Mmm that episode was really bad. You know how I know this? I watched it last night before going to sleep and I can't even remember what was on it! That was a bad end to the series...

Overall - I give Fifth Gear series 11 a 6.5/10. It definately had some excellent moments but most segments aren't properly executed. What I really hate is those fillers they have between segments in the carpark. They get close to ruining the show for me...

Still...a promising series! :)

yea, i hate fillers.

if you could grab the best fifth gear bits from the past 11 series, you can probably make 3 or more perfect series. Season 9 was hands down the best series.

I think they're taking the time to look into the suggestions on their site now. I wasn't sure they would be able to fix the structure to this series as they were filming at the same time the 5g forums went up, but i'm HOPING they are changing the structure this time around.

pretty much explains why i'm still keeping my hopes up.

You have to admit, though, that the structure for season 11 was a vast improvement over season 10. It's unfortunate that the season ended with a relatively weak episode, but overall the season wasn't too bad. It started off with a bang, the 2nd and 3rd were pretty weak, then the rest were good except for the last one. I thought this finale really glorified the 350z too much. I especially didn't like how they compared it to the Cayman with mention that it's such a better deal. It is cheaper, but I'll take a Cayman over 3 or 4 350z's. I also agree, that Plato and Tiff were not used well in this episode. It was just fluff, better used in the middle of a season rather than the finale.

Overall I'd give this season high marks just for the decision to get rid of Lovejoy. Season 9 was the best of the series, but 11 probably scores in the middle of the pack. Of course, season 10 ranks dead last.