Tour de France 2007

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom
Anyone up for a little bike ride? This is one of my favorite things to watch every year and I end up going out of my way to see it. With all the drugs talk aside it should be a pretty interesting tour this year since it's pretty much anyone's guess as to who will win. Hopefully we won't have all the accusations flying around like last year. It wasn't so much a bike race as it was a witch hunt and that really does give the sport a black eye and makes it less fun to watch. But for now I'm really looking forward to the London prologue. 8)

I try to watch it every year - I inevitably forget most nights and so only see about half of the stages, but my MythTV box means this year I'm not missing a thing, yay. I don't following cycling apart from this one event - the sheer distance and physical challenge of it is what draws me.

Yay!! I love staying up late every night watching SBS's live coverage. Its one of the highlights of the year for me, TV wise. Will be great seeing them race around SE UK before heading to France.

I have no idea who is going to win the Yellow, but I think Robbie McEwen will get the Green.

I have been watching the tour for the past 5 years and love it, I am really looking for forward to this, it always inspires me so much to ride.

Though getting up at 4am is not fun to watch it.

Is it still called OLN in Canada? I was looking online for the schedule and apparently it's called Versus now. That shows how much I watch the channel the rest of the year. :p Luckily the Tour is pretty much all they show while its going on so I can still watch it even if I'm too lazy to get up in the morning to see the live coverage.

I tried my hand at the riding stuff with the Ohio State cycling club. However hard you think it is, double it. Then double it again. We mostly stayed on the flat stuff too so I can't even imagine how hard it would be riding up serious mountains. I don't know which was harder: the physical stress or the very complex tactics involved. It's really more a game of strategy than a test of strength. I'd be completely happy just completing the tour, let alone finishing in any respectable position.

Yeah it's still called OLN up here. Yeah I ride always by myself and I usually only do about 40 km/h on the flats. I could not imagine trying to ride in that tour, I mean sprinting they get up to crazy speeds.

Yeah it's still called OLN up here. Yeah I ride always by myself and I usually only do about 40 km/h on the flats. I could not imagine trying to ride in that tour, I mean sprinting they get up to crazy speeds.

Staring at the back of all those bicycles....

That was a nice little prologue today! It was really cool seeing them ride through the streets of London. Kinda like PGR3 on bikes! Some pretty interesting action today as well. I can't wait for tomorrow's first stage.

That was a nice little prologue today! It was really cool seeing them ride through the streets of London. Kinda like PGR3 on bikes! Some pretty interesting action today as well. I can't wait for tomorrow's first stage.

Tell me about it, great to see the tour in England, London to Canterbury should be great. I still can't believe that he got a 13 second gap between him and second.:blink:

I thought Boonen would get the prologue cos we all know how much he loves to carry the Yellow into Belgium. Shame about O'Grady, maybe the gap would have only been 4 or 5 seconds if he hadnt crashed instead of 13.

^ I was actually just thinking about that. There's lots of flat road coming up in the next few days so he should have no trouble at all making up that lost time. He's definitely going to be motivated to ride fast after that crash.

Edit: I just noticed there's a German rider named Schumacher. 8)

Hooray for a three-person thread! :thumbsup:

I have no idea who is going to win the Yellow, but I think Robbie McEwen will get the Green.

i hope he does, and if they all end up like today, he sure will (doesn't have to fall every day though :))

tomorrow the tour is passing where i work, and the finish isn't even 10km away from my house.
sadly i'll be 200km away though :rolleyes:

I'm never getting sponsored by bloody T-Mobile!

WOW. What a crash. Looks like Yellow Jersey is injured. Good to see McEwen finish top 6.

I love the Tour De France, esp. when they show aerial shots of castles and villages etc.

I love those shots too and they're one of the main reasons I watch it. It's almost like taking a vacation there. Plus it's cool to hear the commentators fill in some history of the areas they ride through. I love seeing the crazy stuff some of the spectators do. The devil guy is awesome!

So far the Tour has been really action packed. You'd think it was the end of the race, not just a few days into it. There's going to be a lot more excitement coming up, especially when they hit the Alps in a few days.

I just got updated on the tour after two days of fishing, first crash of the tour I see. Looks like at will be an exciting tour.

That wasn't so much a crash as a complete roadblock. Seeing as nobody was badly hurt I can get away with saying it was a fun pileup to watch. :p What a finish by the yellow jersey in the most recent state! I didn't see that one coming. What an action packed Tour it's been so far!