The RIAA talks about piracy...in 1978

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
[YOUTUBE]TKp9pe_Gutg[/YOUTUBE]

I guess some things never change. These are exactly the same arguments they are using now.

lol...I love how the host called it "the new home video tape machines"...and the one guy was like "it's all the rage now"

Did they really bring an action against Sony and retailers? What was the outcome?

*edit*

This just came to me. Technically, are you allowed to read a book in a bookstore?

And more importantly, are you allowed to tell anyone about it afterwards?

This is so ironically hilarious... this idiot drone is probably still repeating the same sentences.

Was all talk TV this boring back then? Even Paris Hilton is more interesting than this show.

As we all know, Disney died from piracy in 1981.

Wait a moment..

Yup, and welfare in the US seems really poor too. :(

RIP RIAA.

LoL thats amusing to watch. That guy would have a heart attack if he jumped forward 30 yrs.and see how easy it is to pirate a movie with the use of the internet and a PC.

LoL thats amusing to watch. That guy would have a heart attack if he jumped forward 30 yrs.and see how easy it is to pirate a movie with the use of the internet and a PC.

:lol: Indeed he would. Does the RIAA do anything, anything at all useful whatsoever for the music industry?

:lol: Indeed he would. Does the RIAA do anything, anything at all useful whatsoever for the music industry?

Nope. They don't even share the settlement money they extorted out of random people.

That is eye-opening. They're pulling the exact same crap today as they did then.

I read some comedy article in a magazine a couple of years ago about the future of games, music and movies, and it said that in a court case in a few years time a judge will find that all sound is legal property of the music industry and so the defence's closing statement was an infringement of copyright :D

And also that the latest PlayStation had to be hastily redesigned to have sloping sides because if it was horizontal you could store CDs on, actually on top of, the console.

A chilling vision of the future!

:rofl: Won't they consider using "RIAA" on toilet paper as copyright infringment?