Would you buy your current car again?

Would you buy your current car again?

• Total voters

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
Would you guys/girls buy your current car again (daily driver)

Yes/No, what would you change

Hell yeah.

Though second time around I'd get one without the inch-of-headroom-robbing sunroof (the frame is solid, my head less so).

Would I buy another Nissan Altima? Probably not, big powerful FWD sedans never handle all that well. The interior is pretty bad on Altima, as well. Suspension set-up, while it's based on the design of Japanese Skyline sedan, the shocks/struts and springs are inferior.

For my next car, I'm moving upmarket slightly, Considering something from Audi, BMW or Jaguar. Higher up on my list is a 2002 Jaguar XJR Supercharged. :p

Yep. She's been a very nice car and has served us well over the last 10 years. Nudging the 200 000km mark and hasn't had any significant problems. The gearbox has always tended to be a little slow to react but I think thats a trademark of all VS Commodores. would I buy another Commodore? Yeah, though something more current I think.

Last edited:
You bet I would!

Yes, but depending on my annual mileage I might consider swapping the TDI for the 5 cyl. petrol version. That said, the answer's heavily influenced by my budget when it'd finally come to the decision.

Definitely, I would have loved to buy my car new!!! However I wouldn't listen to rip off mechanics the second time around and save myself a few thousand dollars in repairs.

Hell yes! It dead set was exactly what I wanted and right about now, I feel like I will never sell it (although I probably will!).

Maybe. I'd prefer the Turbo estate version of my car for the hauling capacity, but my 740 has grown on me, and I think I'll keep it awile. At least for another 150,000 miles. Better handling than most my friend's vehicles, though I wouldn't mind having some extra grunt under the hood.

Oooh yes - both of them... :)
The MR2 is obvious - heck I chose it over the later generation MR2 as it's just sooo much fun.
The Pug is cheap, clean motoring and is also great fun. And after 3 and a bit years of ownership she still can surprise me. I'd prefer a 1.6 or 1.9 Gti over my puny 1.3 engined one but even so, this one is probably much more reliable and perky enough that I still have fun with 5 seats and a boot. :)

Though later this year I'll be selling the Pug most probably as I won't have a need for two cars anymore (nor will it be the cheaper option anymore due to differing insurance options) but am considering replacing with a more track-worthy version of one of the two... says it all really... :)

Sure I would!
I had a Palio before, but it was the 1 liter engine version, and the only thing I disliked was the lack of power (61hp), now I have the top of the range 1.6 16v, which gives me 106hp, so my only complaint is now "fixed".
Fun to drive, good engine, cheap(ish) to mantain and gives me good mileage too.
If I had the money, I would probably buy another Palio (only newer) or maybe a Peugeot 206.

Yes, I have yet to have a single problem out of my Scion. After 2 years I still lilke the looks. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Question needs to be more specific...

Would I still buy it back then considering what I know now? Yeah, don't regret it at all. Would probably spend a bit more time searching for a better example though.

Would I buy it now again if this car was crashed or stolen or something? I think I would go for a bit more powerful version. S2, Turbo or maybe even 968 :)

I'd probably buy something a little more upmarket, but if I was looking in the same price range, i'd definately buy the Mazda again

Would I buy a 240SX again? Yes. Would I buy my 240SX again? No.

My particular 240SX has a lot of issues. The rear subframe bushings are shot, it needs a new clutch, new suspension, rust repair, paint job and could also use some other touches.

When I looked at it and test drove it, it seemed to drive just fine (and to be fair, it still does despite all of the things listed above) it looked OK, and the price was right.

The lesson I learned: no matter how good a (used) car seems, have a checklist of things to look at carefully and also have it checked out by a garage that you trust. Knowing these things before-hand, I would have kept looking for another car.

But what's done is done, and nothing here is irreparable. I just have to spend some money on it.

I would definitely buy it again. I'd probably change the color and would take different options, but otherwise I'd do it all over again.

The Cougar, yes. The only difference would be that I'd get a manual (due to timing I had to buy off the lot and ended up with an auto).

The Mark VIII, probably not. It is a nice comfortable cruiser, but a bit pricey to maintain and having two coupe probably wasn't the brightest idea. If I had to replace it today I'd probably go for a Lincoln LS V8.

My '94 Volvo 940 Turbo. Absolutely.

Currently, she has 186,000 miles on her and it still running strong.

Next up might be a newer S80.