Anyone from Motoringtech here?

Our dear site Motoringtech.net has been down for some time now. Since our only Admin hasn't been around for months, I fear the cause might be that he hasn't paid the server cost, or similar.

But does anyone know exactly what's happend?

And should we try to revive the site, or is all hope lost?

Lo matey. Didnt expect to see you here. Dont think many here know about MT...SL65 is an exception; he might know.

(PS. this is zonda)

eddysdaman is from motoringtech i think, I remember making a sig for him with the url in it.

I'm from motoringtech also. Ben, you might remember me from the "Guess that car game". Yes, the site's been down for quite a long time now :( Don't know the reason though. It just happened overnight.

Yeah I noticed too. The last time it happened it was because of the hurricane...fair enough. But this time it could have been not paying the bills again.

I don't know what to do, but maybe just stay-put until at least x-mas and see what's what.

Lol, Zon, yeah, knew that was you, by the name... and I remember both you other dudes...

I figured if Aussie or something was on here he might now, but hey... maybe we just have to start up another one?

PS. Doesn't tibbie have an account here too?

I sent Aaron a PM at anandtech. He last visited on 12-5-06 so looks like he is still alive. If he doesn't want to run the site anymore, maybe i'll offer to buy the domain from him.

LOL

Hi everyone!! :p

Its back up - I'm trying to work out what the problem was... But like usual Aaron is busy elsewhere :p
Great but it looks pretty sad with no new threads. I hope the old members will check sometime this week and realise it's back up!

Hey guys :)

I know this is an older thread, but hated to start a new one up for this...and I know there's at least a few of us MT'ers here.

Does anyone have any idea what happens to Motoringtech.net?

I tell you, I move 300 miles farther north in Michigan, and the whole internet goes to crap.

The site is down for some strange reason. Has you may or may not now, its original created passed it along to another user quite a while ago, and there's seems to be some complication with the hosting company.

Ahh, I vaguely recall. Well here's to hoping it gets sorted out. In the meantime, I guess that means I need to get posting here :)

Finalgear vs Motoringtech anyone ? :razz:

Hahahaha ... yh .... ummmm

I could explain the whole debacle but I'd feel bad using Viper's & Co's extremely good forums to kinda help fix ours ....

But anyway, Aaron the former admin (who has the domain in his name which has expired) is MIA and since I've taken over I'm currently keeping in contact with GoDaddy trying to clarify the issue so that I'm the new domain registrant (instead of him) and so this won't happen again. If all goes well, The site will be back soon, otherwise, we'll be doing a move and starting from scratch ... ugh

EDIT: Oh and if there are any members who want to stay up to date on the problem just subscribe to our Google group.
http://groups.google.com/group/motoringtech

Last edited:
For those who care:

Motoringtech.net TechTorque.net

Yes, that means everything is new and has been re-done. Lost everything, started from scratch. Needs work, but I'll keep at it.

Hopefully, in due enough time, people will find it, and we can have our community back.

Ahh too bad. Means I lost my privileges there....oh well!

Good luck to you and the site. Spose you need to get someone to update your sig then...