Street Legal Indy Car For Sale

MPowered

While other manufactueres love to market their cars as a "racecar for the street", this one actually is! It's Eddie Cheever's 2000 Dallara Indy Car that's been modified for street use. The racing engine has been replaced with a more conventional gasoline engine, but it'll still do 0-60 in 2.5 secs. The price is the best six-figure offer. This would make one heck of a nice drive to work...so long as it's not raining...and you don't have anything to carry. I wonder if the sale price includes a pit crew.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=395229

633174992347827556_2198454.jpg

What a choice, that or this
7220072234.jpg

The Ariel Atom has been dethroned as the ultimate purpose car! :jawdrop:

Although, the question must be asked: how on Earth would that pass save-me-from-myself regulations?

They're both tempting, i like he Indy car a little more perhaps, but I prefer the one with the roof and the one that can carry someone else.

The Japanese released a street legal version of an F1 car in the early to mid 90s as well.

The car looks great, but the crappy chevy engine sound just kills it. It'd be fun as hell to drive to work every day if it didn't sound like an everyday chevy pickup with headers...

I'd rather have a Geo Metro with a high-revving F1 motor in it. That would scare the piss out of a few people. :)

That and the ridiculous tractor tires that are on the car really diminish how special it is...

Good god, that thing will scare the living daylights out of everyone on the road. Even the diesel drivers.

lol, I like the tail sticker 'Drive it like you stole it'

I wouldn't mind parking that on my driveway, and in case of flat tyres I could change the complete rims in 10secs.

Just think of the fun moment where you're surrounded by Suburbans and Escalades thinking "God, was the monocoque designed for being run over too?"

Heh, headlights added to it to make it legal.

Didn't realize you could have no fenders though...