Need help choosing new mobile

vRS

Car(s)
'99 BMW 323i SE
My W850i has just packed in so I now once again need a new mobile phone and the choice is now endless o I'm clueless to what to buy. Id prefer another SE but I'm open to any other suggestions. Out of these which should I go for?

SE K850i
GPD_46288_28_0_4000.png

http://www.mobilegazette.com/sony-ericsson-k850i-07x06x15.htm

SE T650-
GPD_45150_28_0_4000.png

http://www.mobilegazette.com/sony-ericsson-t650i-07x05x08.htm

SE S500i
GPD_45224_28_0_4000.png

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/59009.html

SE W960i (this one might be too pricey)
sony-ericsson-w960i-1.jpg

http://www.mobilegazette.com/sony-ericsson-w960i-07x06x15.htm

Which one should I go for? Has to be pay as you go, I'm not spending a fortune a month on a contract that will be a waste for me.

I don't think any of them are out yet so I'm unsure of pricing but I can guess that they will all be ?120+.

N95, period.

:p (You know you want to)

The N95 looks incredible... I just wish I could get/ use it in the USA!

I think any of those Sony phones would serve you well, I have an older Z520 and love it. I guess it all depends on what you want and what your wallet (or wife) says you can have!

N95 + 4 gig of memory....

The firmware is now stable, the camera quality is good, satnav can help u in those new unchartered terretories...

Get a Chocolate I love mine. Worth getting.

Hrmm, I used to have one of those, but I didn't really like it. The touch sensitive buttons are irritating to use and the slider has a tendency of being loose. Not much memory, and the menu system is a bit dodgy as well.

I'm looking at getting a SE K610i or a Nokia 6288, but only if the firmware is improved over the 6280...

The N95 looks incredible... I just wish I could get/ use it in the USA!

You can probably buy it in some shops in the States, but probably in big cities though like LA or New York, where there's a larger Asian population as they are more into high tech mobiles. What I'm sure is, you can use the N95 in the US; I see quite a few people from Washington State (I live in Vancouver, so WA would be the closest) buying cell phones here and bringing them back home to use.

According to your info, you live in Seoul........c'mon, Korea is the probably the most advanced in cell phone technology!! Don't you guys have these super cell phone with live TV capability or something? Why do you want a N95?

N95 + 4 gig of memory....

The firmware is now stable, the camera quality is good, satnav can help u in those new unchartered terretories...

I thought the largest cards it can take are the 2GB ones? Or did the specs just say that because the largest microSD cards at the time were 2GB?

Oh, and as far as buying cell phones overseas and using them in the US: this is now the third summer that I've used my Nokia 6700 (which I bought in Saudi Arabia) with T-Mobile in the US, so it's very doable.

Most modern phones are at least tri-band and quad-band is on the rise, so they should be usable everywhere.

Oh, and:
HTC Trinity > N95 :p Not only is it 150 euros cheaper, it can do more.

I thought the largest cards it can take are the 2GB ones? Or did the specs just say that because the largest microSD cards at the time were 2GB?

Nokia N95 is compatible with SDHC cards and thus the 4 gigs works. I find it faster than the 2gig SD card...

:blink: The K750i is the best phone I have ever seen! endurance, good camera, sync with outlook agenda, handy to use, tons of games for it, good quality MP3 playing,...

After my experience with the k750i, i'd choose a SE K anytime

i agree - kinda

its the best phone ive ever had

but now as it ages, wear and tear kicks in and the joystick is really pissing me off

i'm glad they're dropped the joystick in the k850 cause it means 1 less thing to go wrong

working at a phone store, 6110 navigator or the E65 and even the D900i from samsung are good choices, N95 are a good phone but the amount that we have sent out for repairs bogals the mind
www.gsmarena.com is a great site for all the latest news and specs on phones

Last edited:
Get a Chocolate I love mine. Worth getting.

Which chocolate do you have? the KG or KU? I have the KU and that is nice, although it's not the easiest phone to live with (especially when you are drunk) Having 9 toutch keys is a bit annoying.
I also have the E900 and that's better in terms of usability. But I dont know if any of these 2 are within your interest.
Have you looked at the SE W880? I really like that, and I am considering to buy it.

The N95 is mighty tempting, though it is pretty expensive it could be a worthwhile investment with all the features and the fact that the camera is kick ass. The W960I is a rocket directed at it though, it has 8gb of memory and the same camera.

Is the LG Prada phone any good? or are people just paying for the name.

I could also sell me body to medical science and import an Apple phone from the USA, although I'm not sure if It would work over here. Reviews say its pretty dam good, minus the crappy video playing and the fact that it uses iTunes.....

8gb cards coming for the N95 soon.
Professional photographers admit that the Camera in the N95 is on par with most 5MP Point-and-shoot cameras.
The N95 is my first Smartphone so im a little biased but i have never spent this much tine on personalizing a phone and the possibilities are endless.
The N95 feels like a little computer! I went from a W810i to a N95 and it was like going from Win 95 to Vista.

But then again i own two N95s so don't take my word for it.