Top Gear And The English Channel [Spoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
i have seen in the daily star a headline

"we are failing"

beneath which is a pic of james, jc and hammond.

apparently, they have used the toybota, VW canal boat and the triumph sailing boat to cross the channel... james and hammonds cars failed immediately

however the coast guard are tremendously annoyed at them for not telling them what they were doing, when they were setting off, or calling them hourly to update position

apparently this put 100,000's of lives at risk

personally i think its just another triumph of jc sticking two fingers up at over zealous health and safety

i will get a shot of the paper and upload soon

Last edited:
here is the pic, sorry about the page 3 girl!

sorry for posting like 4 times, proper messed that up! didnt realise u had to cut n paste the image link, i thought it just put it in your post automagically.... mods if you are around please combine some or delete some posts!

oh yeah NSFW

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time, try editing the picture before posting.

Well, it seems TG lost 1 viewer (that coastguard) but will get another 1000 when this thing airs, it sounds like a lof of fun.

But it says Clarkson has a Nissan but the Toybota is a toyota ;-)
Perhaps they assembled new cars?

it is possible, and that is what i thought.... oh they made new cars, but then it says hammond and may used the VW and the triumph, so i decided that it was a typo and they've basically reused the cars from the previous amphibious car challenge.

i mean a nissan 4x4 with a outboard on the back.... hammond n may using the same cars, its just too similar...its very likely a typo.

page 3 girl is tasty no?

Indeed. It's clearly against the forum rules. You're lucky I'm in a good mood and edited your image for you.

Also, there's no need to post 4 fucking times in a row. I've deleted two of your posts.

Damn, missed the Page 3 girl :(

Richard and James' look to be the same. Clarkson's is clearly a new one as it's a Nissan.

Indeed. It's clearly against the forum rules. You're lucky I'm in a good mood and edited your image for you.

Also, there's no need to post 4 fucking times in a row. I've deleted two of your posts.

i know, i tried to edit the original with the pic, but i didnt see the option for it at the bottom, so i did a new post then didnt realise that u had to cut n paste the link, so i just went back in my browser and cut n paste it and then it posted a 4th! sorry!

i would have but im still getting use to mac, i cant use apature for shit and now my trial has run out..... i want photoshop but cant afford it. it was only a p3 girl, noting no one hasnt seen before, but rules are rules. sorry

Richard and James' look to be the same. Clarkson's is clearly a new one as it's a Nissan.

yeah looks like it is, hopefully this time it doesnt try to be a submarine.

richard might have a new van, i thought his old one would be prertty fucked after he drove it with basically no cooling and then had it sink. might of had some bad water damage. i remember JC;s hilux wouldnt start back up either.

Last edited:
Richards van is a different colour to the one he had before..

In his column after season 9, JC wrote, that they are done messing with caravans, envi-s & so on, but they are doing it again, first were salts, now this.

Richard's looks different, remember, his old van was green, and I doubt he would've bothered respraying the old one.

Well it looks so similar.

This has already been done?
oceanbug.jpg

yeah probably, the channel is usually quite a favourite when it comes to people thinking up new and dafter ways to cross it.

I came across some more pics of their new land/water craft.

The Nissbota

May's sailing boat is showing it's age it would seem.

Hammond's damper van looks a little different. Did the green van have the side windows that opened like that? The wheels are different too.

Status
Not open for further replies.