The Official Harry Potter book 7 SPOILERS thread - don't look if you haven't read it.

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
This is a placeholder for spoilers until the book actually comes out.

* VOLDEMORT KILLS SNAPE ON PAGE 658
* VOLDEMORT KILLS HIMSELF BY REBOUNDING HIS OWN CURSE ON PAGE 744
* Burbage dies on pg. 12
* Hedwig dies on pg. 56
* Mad-Eye dies on pg. 78
* Scrimgeour dies on pg. 159
* Wormtail dies on pg. 471
* Dobby dies on pg. 476
* Fred Weasley dies on pg. 637
* Harry gets killed up by Voldemort on pg. 704
* Harry comes back to life on pg. 724
* Tonks, Lupin, and Colin Creevy have their deaths confirmed on pg. 745

19 years after the events in the book:
* Ron has married Hermione, their two children are named Rose and Hugo
* Harry has married Ginny, their three children are named Lily, James, and Albus Severus.
* Draco Malfoy has a son named Scorpius

The epilogue shows all of the children boarding the train for Hogwarts together.

The final lines of the book are:
* "The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well."

Last edited:
Well... You pretty much said everyone, for people that have read, what did you think of the book?

Thought the book wasnt out until Saturday ?

I've no interest in it, but I'm sure as hell going to ruin for all those annoying little kiddies :D:D:D

It is not out until then but there was a massive leak on the internet superhighway, and its lose.

Nooooooooo why couldn't the little bastard just die, also the ginger and the geeky twat. Why couldn't they all just die ffs.

Thank god LOTR had a decent "ending"

Bahahahaha.

I have no interest whatsoever in these books. Read the first one and quite honestly, one of the worst books I've read. EVER. Read some books with a good plotline, like, one with factual storylines...

Bahahahaha.

I have no interest whatsoever in these books. Read the first one and quite honestly, one of the worst books I've read. EVER. Read some books with a good plotline, like, one with factual storylines...

thank god someone agrees with me

if ANYONE compares LOTR to Hairy Pothead, I will shoot them personally. You cannot compare these two series they are in a completely different league, harry is for kids. simple and clean cut. i seriously get really annoyed by people vowing that harry potter is the best book ever and blah blah blah .... READ SOMETHING ELSE

thank god someone agrees with me

if ANYONE compares LOTR to Hairy Pothead, I will shoot them personally. You cannot compare these two series they are in a completely different league, harry is for kids. simple and clean cut. i seriously get really annoyed by people vowing that harry potter is the best book ever and blah blah blah .... READ SOMETHING ELSE

Lord of the Rings is far better then Harry Potter, but I think everyones like its an escape to think about the stuff in the book, rather then Tolken who lays everything out better.

Wow, that spoiler text's much more detailled than I would've thought, and I still don't understand why everybody compares HP to LOTR.

Wow, that spoiler text's much more detailled than I would've thought, and I still don't understand why everybody compares HP to LOTR.

I haven't read the book yet myself, but i did ask a friend who has been reading the leaked book 'did this, this, and this happen?' up to the point where she read and she confirmed every event down to the page number without spoiling the stuff she hadnt read yet, so i'm pretty sure its all accurate.

Now don't go doing something mean like printing this list out and distributing flyers to those kiddies waiting in their midnight lines at the bookstores, haha.

I haven't read the book yet myself, but i did ask a friend who has been reading the leaked book 'did this, this, and this happen?' up to the point where she read and she confirmed every event down to the page number without spoiling the stuff she hadnt read yet, so i'm pretty sure its all accurate.

Now don't go doing something mean like printing this list out and distributing flyers to those kiddies waiting in their midnight lines at the bookstores, haha.

Don't worry I'm planning to. There lots or HP rumors going around though, some are saying the snobby bitch gets killed by the sucky bad guy.

Lets just sum up the LOTR vs HP thing

Tolkien is a storytelling and fantasy GENIUS, Lotr is more than the 4 books (Hobbit half counts) Read The Silmarillion and you'll get what I mean.

Rowling was a degenerate drunk who had no money and sat each day in a transport cafe and wrote some books and got a massive fan base from the 5 to 12 year old group.

WOOT 1,000 posts:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I am looking forward to reading this book and finding out how it all ends, but the day before it's released I come into this thread and ruin the ending for myself. Genius!

This thread exists to save people the $30 it would cost to find out who dies. We're doing you a favour!

I went to Kroger and got it for $22, which is better than pre-ordering months in advance and paying $5 on top of the $35 full price of the book. Plus I casually drove to Kroger at 12:10 AM and left at 12:15 AM without having to stand in any kind of line at all.

So the most you could have saved me was $22 and 5 minutes of my time!

Fucking hell, I was hoping for a much more kickass ending than "happily ever after," but they'd never have forgiven JKR for killing off Harry.

I'm not going to lie, I wasn't huge into HP, but I though it was extremely well-written and did a great job of appealing to a person's inner child. Its popularity is well-deserved.

And lets admit in those nineteen years they skipped ALL the good bits.

Speed-reader finishes Harry Potter in 47 min

SPARE a thought for the reviewers of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

The seventh and final book in the boy wizard series was released at one minute past midnight, British time, yesterday, and in the age of instant reaction and online blogs, newspapers wanted an opinion in time for editions the same morning.

The British version is 608 pages long, meaning critics were forced to race through the pages to meet their deadlines as newspapers received no advance review copies.

Several relied on versions leaked on the Internet or hard copies appearing mysteriously pre-publication, and even those who made it into yesterday's papers knew they had lost the race.

When the New York Times and the Baltimore Sun ran reviews on Thursday, author J.K. Rowling was furious.

Readers of the latter could argue that it heavily hinted at the answer to the most burning question of all - does Harry die at the end?

Mainstream media broadly avoided spoilers yesterday, although the Daily Telegraph's online review featured a separate link to a plot synopsis containing many big secrets.

But most critics agreed that the hype surrounding the blockbuster book was justified.

Britain's bestselling daily Sun tabloid employed speed-reading champion Anne Jones to write its review.

She took just 47 minutes and one second to read the US version, but still had time to conclude:

?Without being too critical, the plot does seem to be a bit complicated, but I would not change a word.

"Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows is a real page-turner.?

Ends with a bang

Kate Muir, reviewer for the Times of London, also admitted to speed-reading the book, but was impressed nonetheless.

?This chest-crusher of a book ends the Harry Potter series with a bang,? she said.

?The plot hatched over 17 years of writing clicks into place, loose ends interlocking, all as complex as a magical lock at Hogwarts Castle.?

Muir, like others, peppered her review with references to older literary traditions, including Arthurian and Greek myth, and remarked that evil Voldemort's methods were reminiscent of the Nazi Holocaust.

Her main complaint was that some passages were a ?bit of a snooze unless you are a Potter-junkie?.

Mary Carole McCauley of the Baltimore Sun, one of two reveiwers to draw Rowling's ire two days before publication, argued that the plot was probably too complicated, despite praising many other aspects of the book.

?That's 10 distinctly different magical objects, all with their own significance,? she wrote.

?Trying to keep them all straight is not unlike searching for the golden snitch in a hotly contested game of Quidditch.?

The New York Times was glowing in its praise.

?Ms Rowling has fitted together the jigsaw-puzzle pieces of this long undertaking with Dickensian ingenuity and ardor,? it said in its pre-publication review.

Source